So far so good ...

DawnOfTheZed

An update on my dx. Initial hba1c was 54. Felt awful for 18 mths prior. Came here, read lots of great info and posts.

I went low carb almost immediately and started feeling better. 3 mths on, with 0.5 g metformin, down to 42 and fatigue improved enough to start back with exercise. Lost 7 kg. Continued next 3 mths with 1 g metformin, down to hb 38 and had lost further 4 kg. Switched to Cambridge 1:1 (low cal), same meds, lost further 8 kg, hba1c still 39.

Am hoping not to get burnout. Thanks everyone for making this forum amazing!

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Switched to Cambridge 1:1 (low cal), same meds, lost further 8 kg, hba1c still 39.

Congratulations,what a super job youve done!That is really taking charge!! :)

So,what diet/lifestyle choice is next after the weight loss? Do you know yet?

DawnOfTheZed

can you describe the "awful"? just curious really.....

Thank you. Awful = v tired, brain fog in waves - chronic poor mental function with episodes where I could hardly speak, bought an automatic car coz found driving difficult, v dry lips but not thirsty, emotional - easily hangry, obv stuff but took 3 visits to the GP before appropriate blood tests arranged. As others have said before, in the end it has been a blessing in disguise.

It's been easy to keep the diet coz I feel so much better now, almost back to my old self.

DawnOfTheZed

So,what diet/lifestyle choice is next after the weight loss? Do you know yet?

Sorry for delayed reply. Am still focussing on trying to lose weight. It's going quite slowly now. BMI is still >25 and I'd like to reduce some noticeable fat. Don't want to think about afters yet much. Am thinking it'll prob be LCHF. I can't go back to my old ways or the problems will return.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An update on my dx. Initial hba1c was 54. Felt awful for 18 mths prior. Came here, read lots of great info and posts.

I went low carb almost immediately and started feeling better. 3 mths on, with 0.5 g metformin, down to 42 and fatigue improved enough to start back with exercise. Lost 7 kg. Continued next 3 mths with 1 g metformin, down to hb 38 and had lost further 4 kg. Switched to Cambridge 1:1 (low cal), same meds, lost further 8 kg, hba1c still 39.

You've done very well. You knew your health wasnt great and took action and you've lost weight a lot of weight. Continue with this greatness.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Great stuff!

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed