UK Cauliflower shortages

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was in Llangollen today, big display of cauliflowers in the greengrocers, so the shortage isn't everywhere.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got an extra large one at Morrison’s and there were plenty of normal priced ones still at same price.

Reactions: philosophy47
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Got an extra large one at Morrison’s and there were plenty of normal priced ones still at same price.

I will have look tomorrow, Morrison's is just minutes away from my home.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh bother, there goes my get rich quick plan of stockpiling Cauliflower, now what am I to do with my warehouse Mountain of Cauliflower? :meh:
You are now obliged to eat at least one whole cauliflower with every meal. :eek:
Robbity

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are now obliged to eat at least one whole cauliflower with every meal. :eek:
To late I found a Chinese buyer. What a load of 废话 (Twaddle) what a lovely word I wonder what it sounds like in Chinese?

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It does make one wonder how our ancestors survived when vegetables were out of season :shifty:

Just saying...
A lot of them didn't. early death among the poor, who could not afford expensive imported food, was the usual pattern. (We've been importing food for thousands of years but cheap veg out of season is comparatively new.)

D

Deleted member 308541

It does make one wonder how our ancestors survived when vegetables were out of season :shifty:

Just saying...
A lot of them didn't. early death among the poor, who could not afford expensive imported food, was the usual pattern. (We've been importing food for thousands of years but cheap veg out of season is comparatively new.)
Most people / tribes were nomadic so they shifted where there was sustainable food to hunt gather, then rinsed and repeated...

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
Most of my veg comes via my local veg box delivery, we receive what's in season, grown locally. This week they put the price of cauliflower up and warned they were in short supply because of the weather, so I had a lovely pointy cabbage instead, it won't make mash or rice but stir fried finely sliced will go with practically everything. There will always be something in season when you buy local. Looking forward to sprouts and sprout tops coming.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We've been importing food for thousands of years
Thousands? I mean the Romans brought in some fermented fish oil and luxury grave goods have been found at Hengistbury Head but I seriously doubt that Bronze Age man was shipping in avocados from southern Spain..they would have been well mouldy by the time they got here...

M

Member496333

Thousands? I mean the Romans brought in some fermented fish oil and luxury grave goods have been found at Hengistbury Head but I seriously doubt that Bronze Age man was shipping in avocados from southern Spain..they would have been well mouldy by the time they got here...

But, in the absence of their five-a-day, how else would mankind have prospered?

Tully

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I noticed that my local Aldi no longer had cauliflower rice on the shelves...maybe this is why??? Must admit, its a staple for me as takes the place of rice in Chinese, Indian and Mexican dishes which constitutes most of my diet. Makes a reasonable pizza crust too.

Reemap

Are there any side effects of cauliflower rice? Just read somewhere that it can give allergies, gas trouble and kidney stones.. is this true?