What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's under your name. You might need to go into your settings. I see it on my mobile. Does nobody else?
nope.

i see this
No meds, Low Carb Diet and exercise. With the help of these forums, family and friends.

not sure if MC changed recently, thought

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From DUK!!!

OR reduce the chocolates Muffins AND fruit,
for an even better way to reduce your Blood sugars.

it's not rocket science is it.

Never overestimate the stupidity of some people.
MUST be on a wall of their office somewhere,
i'm convinced.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In their policy statement they say that “there is no consistent evidence that a low-carb diet is any more effective than other approaches in the long term, so it shouldn't be seen as the diet for everyone.”
I suppose what they mean is that although a large scale clinical trial has not been conducted, the evidence from individuals is not consistent. Nice way of keeping their heads in the sand instead of thinking, “hang about, something is happening, lets investigate properly”.

I am now in my 5th year on LCHF diet and although I started out with a big blast of <900 cal a day, I am pretty stable as long as I am not scoffing chips, drinking beer or eating more protein that my body can sensibly take without converting excess into carbs.

So, they need to be pioneers here and start a long term trial - they need to get some skin in the game instead of sitting about reading out of date information and making up rules.

Oh I think I will just pop on DUK and request just that. They are going to love me!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, well my doom bringer sat lurking, lurking with intent to cause mental trauma, on the bench this morning. It looked so menacing that I very nearly just left it sitting there seething with built up rage, but being a bit thick I grabbed it and forced it to tell me what my number is! It still took it's time in divulging it, just like a surly teenager asked a question, 5.9 it spat out! I just backed out of the room glad I still had both my hands! Anyway less of the tales of daring do, of mischief and mayhem...…..it's only bloomin FRIDAY!! A weekend of lost memories, eating until you have to be rolled about, because your belly is so full, the alcohol is running out of your nose and you can see round corners!!Oh but to be able to do those thing's again, like waking up under a parked car! But alas no I have to adult and that means building a unit for the better half and going to my arch nemesis, IKEA !! I would rather beat myself to death with a straw than visit that place! Anyway enjoy your weekend everyone and please do something memorable and enjoyable.

Take care.
I would rather poke both my eyes out with red hot pokers! Very VERY funny post

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ate they actively discouraging us so they can make money, vast amounts, for longer
That's something I have wondered about many of the HCP's I've encountered Debs...it's not something I would target solely at DUK...for example the dire DESMOND courses which provide little apart from confusion in the most patronising condescending way...those 'educators' have to be paid...once when perusing the internet I saw an ad for training to become an instructor it's expensive so the 'investment' must be worth however the rewards are plentiful...as for GP practices refunding money to the NHS I can't see that happening willingly Dr Unwin seems the exception...many of these HCP's services are privately run... our GP surgeries are private partnerships the NHS is their biggest contractor...I believe there is a culpability culture with T2 (and certain other conditions) after all it is our own fault...we are all sloth like overweight ignorant/apathetic creatures who thoroughly deserve to develop T2 diabetes...they take no account of any familial connection...no genetic pre-disposition we are regularly slated in the press & presented as the likely cause of impending NHS bankruptcy...as I have said so often there is a lot of money in the mismanagement of T2 (and other health condition)...could you imagine those poor CCG members not able to draw their often six figure salaries...our GP's who do work hard but are well rewarded I know my own GP was on roughly 120k a year...of course there is the added benefit of being self employed i.e tax advantages...so it's a number of issues we need to tackle...the most important one being adequate trials of alternative diets & management of T2...but most importantly getting them (whoever that may be) to listen to us...ask us what we need because no one knows our diabetes as we do.

Reactions: Viv19

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Soprano here. Let's start a virtual choir. We have time don't we!!!
Digital music then!

I promised to keep all updated on my very low carb breakfasts, so far not good.

Today Cottage Cheese , smoked salmon, a bit of scrambled egg from my good ladies plate, yoghurt and rasp. ALL small portions.

5.5 on getting up 7.3 after breakfast :banghead:

Yesterday

Scrambled eggs smoked salmon yoghurt and rasp.

5.3 on getting up 6 after breakfast

So next step cut down portion size even more

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm still seeing it today.....

are you on the "medication" @Saskia was on the other day...;)

just asking.......
71.gif

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
that predicts T2 among others 10 years before it appears
Some have T2 many years before they are diagnosed jjraak...I had all the signs years before my 'accidental' diagnosis many years ago if only I'd known it.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Made it! Up to date!

Treating you all with shortest post ever from me.

4.8! ***! Retest 5.1. Ok I'm very happy.
Holiday hair and nails at 11.30.

5.5 yesterday (not sure I posted)

I've already started rambling again. No hope!!!!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tone deaf Cockney here so I'll stand at the back thank you.

i'd say i'm more " dog with his tail caught in the door"
so i'm IN.

god help the listeners.

maybe we should try covering this one..?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
maybe we should try covering this one..?
jjraak it's been such a miserable few weeks for me ( Plumpy) that is the first thing that's made me laugh out loud...perhaps it could be our anthem.

Reactions: Viv19