Fast 800

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And finally, I am not aware of any studies or findings proving that these rapid crash diets are any more effective at 'reversing' than a slower low carb weight loss way of eating. Yes, you get the results a bit faster, but there are plenty of studies around now showing that low carb is just as effective at de-fattifying the liver as other, more extreme calorie restriction diets.

Thank you for pointing this out. Professor Taylor doesn’t appear to be aware of any such studies either sine he says slower weight loss is fine too. Although “slower” may be debated since he still says approximately 30 lbs in 6 months. https://www.ncl.ac.uk/media/wwwnclacuk/newcastlemagneticresonancecentre/files/2018 Diabetes reversal info.pdf

It’s just a personal pet peeve of mine when people refer to the “Newcastle Diet.” No, it was a study protocol, mainly used to reduce the overall time of the overall study. Faster results = lower study cost.

Anyway, to the OP, I did 5 weeks of 850ish calories per day during my weight loss journey. I did it because I was sick of dieting and wanted to speed it up at the end to get it over with. And yes, it did seem to target my belly fat effectively.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s just a personal pet peeve of mine when people refer to the “Newcastle Diet.” No, it was a study protocol, mainly used to reduce the overall time of the overall study
The actual study was "DiRECT" done after the trials but it is generally known as the "Newcastle Diet".

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Why do you say that?
None of us qualify for being in great health in here, but After my CAB x3, Diabetes is my only ailment and I fully expect that is on its way out since my BG is well controlled, though possibly still in the 'pre-diabetic' region.

@ianf0ster did you read the first post in the thread?

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
@ianf0ster did you read the first post in the thread?
Yes, I did. But that has absolutely nothing to do with me using the Dave Feldman Protocol (not the OP, not a suggestion for the OP using it and only mentioning so as an answer to the Fat and Cholesterol question from the OP).
In any case, I am currently taking Ramipril which supposedly may have minor renal protective properties.

In the case of the OP. an LCHF lifestyle doesn't have to be Keto and most aren't for heavens sake, (and it isn't conclusive that a 'Keto diet' per se has an adverse effect on renal function - some studies suggest a beneficial effect). Even 120 gms of carbs per day can qualify as 'Low Carb' - though almost everybody goes much lower than that - mostly around 50 to 60gms.

You suggested that I needed to be in great health in order to undergo a 3 days of Low Carb High Fat with additional fat and protein than normal.
Why do you do so? - Have you evidence that people doing the protocol suffer from it?

Last edited:

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I didn't make it clear. I weigh 9.5 am 5.5 inches- so only want to lose 14lbs tops but from tummy only.

At 5.5 inch and want to lose another stone to bring yourself down to 8.5 stone, are you sure you want to take your weight down to that extreme level. I'm 5.5 I was a very skinny teen, just a skeleton when I weighed 8.5 st.
I could never drop my weight that low, ever I would have to have an eating disorder if I did.
Have you thought of toning your stomach instead, if its tummy fat your worried about. Just a thought, but be careful of the carbs. Did I read that your levels drop to 4, if so, don't worry that's fine

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Thanks for good advice, but yes 8st 5 is a good weight for me. But I would be happy with around 9 stone.
At 5.5 inch and want to lose another stone to bring yourself down to 8.5 stone, are you sure you want to take your weight down to that extreme level. I'm 5.5 I was a very skinny teen, just a skeleton when I weighed 8.5 st.
I could never drop my weight that low, ever I would have to have an eating disorder if I did.
Have you thought of toning your stomach instead, if its tummy fat your worried about. Just a thought, but be careful of the carbs. Did I read that your levels drop to 4, if so, don't worry that's fine

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
To all who became involved in my post- many thanks some sound advice here! I am erring on side of caution and low carbing - but I do get hungry - might be psychological but it seems gliclazide make me hungry