JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
On Friday when making my way back to the car there was a low fence surrounding the parking area decided like a fool to step over instead of going around it ended up taking a tumble and flat on my back still hurts now.

Not very dignified I think they call it a Pratt fall and I can see why, must remember 69 with MG not 29 and fit.:)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
must remember 69 with MG not 29 and fit.:)
And should you forget again, at least try to remember to lift your legs a bit higher!
Hope the hurts, both to body and dignity, are forgotten soon!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, @Jaylee , don't be blue.

I'm far from "blue" in the emotional sense @SaskiaKC :)

Does my name appear in green when you tag me or just my profile box beside a post? I see all tags in red but I know about the profile box, green is the VIP color for moderators!
'Normal' members (even the funny ones) get red. Retired moderators get a noble blue, as you will see when @Jaylee reacts to my prompting to show off his color.
Jaylee, do you know if there are any more colours?

edit: I'd leave the laundry for tommorow!

Yep, @Antje77 , higher up admin tend to have a second orange stripe along with the green livery..

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On Friday when making my way back to the car there was a low fence surrounding the parking area decided like a fool to step over instead of going around it ended up taking a tumble and flat on my back still hurts now.

Not very dignified I think they call it a Pratt fall and I can see why, must remember 69 with MG not 29 and fit.:)

A few years ago I did something similar, except it was a highish stone wall that I decided to climb over rather than walk round to the gate. It surrounded a church graveyard. I fell off, landed face down in a sunken grave. The headstone still there said it belonged to Mary Howarth. I bet she had a shock! I was with the same two people on another day when I tripped up on a canal towpath. My camera went flying and so did the goose I had been trying to take pics of. I missed the canal by inches. These two friends of mine now call me Linda Tumbleova, the Rusian gymnast. :hilarious:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I would have forgotten and tackled the fence as well. I have tried cantering down one of the corridors in my building and barely escaped a fall. I might not have escaped, had there been an inviting obstacle to attempt. But oh, the at-temptation is so sweet ...

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I think that there is a syndrome for this because I certainly have it ! I see a older person attempt something like that and tut and think how silly is that but me !!! A well over 70 lady of course I can get away with it
Carol.
:angelic:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I do think though that me making a complete ass of my self after such a solemn occasion would have amused Dennis greatly and would have been something he would never let me forget the rest of the family thought it funny too.

been one of those weeks on Thursday in the half hour or so waiting for my sons train to arrive at Derby I was hugged and kissed on the cheek firstly by a young lady then later by a not so young but very inebriated man both complete strangers. :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Got myself into a right strop and ended up having a fall. Got myself a lovely gash on my leg.

Note to self: Stay off of threads that put you in a bad mood.

G'night folks.

Blummin' eck, even had to edit this message for typos, I can't win.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Guzzler hope your in a better mood today and that your leg heals quickly and is not too painful.:)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
@Guzzler hope you are feeling better and the strop has gone. :)
Sadly, Blue, it is worse. Just been having a chat about Buerk's comments on obesity in 'The Moral Maze'.
He may regret saying (in effect) that the obese should be allowed to die earlier and so do us all a favour.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly, Blue, it is worse. Just been having a chat about Buerk's comments on obesity in 'The Moral Maze'.
He may regret saying (in effect) that the obese should be allowed to die earlier and so do us all a favour.

I read that yesterday. Buerk is a berk. He will get more than a few responses.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I wonder if that includes fat heads in which case maybe he can lead the way.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Was home all day yesterday due to dreadful rain.
Having a walk out today and away on a mini break soon. I must take all meds and insulin with me. A bag just for those.

Getting occasion anxiety though. I know silly but I've become a worrier since having kids.

Bgs in 6s so no thrush at all. It's a huge relief to get rid of Dapagliflozin.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No kids, @ickihun , but I've been a worrier as long as I can remember so I sympathize.

Enjoy your mini break.
t4126.gif