ecneps48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
having the condition diabetes
hi
I used to go to my GP to see my diabetic nurse, on one appointment the nurse said your HBAIc is mmol/l 13 which was sky high
so my GP sent me to a dedicated diabetic centre I went there for a year I was given a new slow acting insulin Toujeo , and my Apidra was increased from two pens to five, i was also provided with two new medications .
At my last appointment last week the nurse said I will refer you back to your GP now because your Hba1c is now 7
What helped my enormously was I now use the Freestyle Libre which I admit is very expensive £96 for a months supply
But being able to check on my blood sugars around 30-40 times a day helped my bring my Hba1c back to near normal
I am so pleased now I don't have to prick my fingers ,What a marvelous device the Freestyle Libra is

Ps
I am red lined because I spelt Centre the English way and Not Center the American way is this an American forum?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @ecneps48 - no we are a UK based Forum with an international membership.
The spelling is likely down to software.

Well done on the a1c reduction.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am red lined because I spelt Centre the English way and Not Center the American way is this an American forum?
This is a U.K. site, the clue is in the name Diabetes.co.UK ;)

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on bringing down the hab1c. I second that the Libre is great for seeing your sugars. I know it’s expensive but even a sensor or two will help people see a much clearer picture than a half dozen finger pricks a day. I’m debating if to carry on with Libre once I’ve settled into a routine and got my numbers down. The idea I’m toying with at the second is just using one every 3-4 months to check I’m still in a good zone.

Reactions: Diakat

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome from another (but currently ex-) Libre user.

If you're having an issue with American spelling, then reset your language preference to English (UK) - down at the end of the thread.

UK.png

Robbity

Attachments

• UK.png
    UK.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 195

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
<snip>

Ps

I think you may be seeing the results of the spell checker in your browser?
Worth checking that you are using the UK English dictionary.

I am using Chrome at the moment and in the Advanced settings I have spell checking turned on and UK English selected as the dictionary.
This is useful because I can add new words to the dictionary and they are then available across all sites.