1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

freestyle libre sensor and reader

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by ecneps48, Aug 19, 2019.

1. ecneps48

ecneps48 · Newbie

hi
    I used to go to my GP to see my diabetic nurse, on one appointment the nurse said your HBAIc is mmol/l 13 which was sky high
    so my GP sent me to a dedicated diabetic centre I went there for a year I was given a new slow acting insulin Toujeo , and my Apidra was increased from two pens to five, i was also provided with two new medications .
    At my last appointment last week the nurse said I will refer you back to your GP now because your Hba1c is now 7
    What helped my enormously was I now use the Freestyle Libre which I admit is very expensive £96 for a months supply
    But being able to check on my blood sugars around 30-40 times a day helped my bring my Hba1c back to near normal
    I am so pleased now I don't have to prick my fingers ,What a marvelous device the Freestyle Libra is

Ps
    I am red lined because I spelt Centre the English way and Not Center the American way is this an American forum?

2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @ecneps48 - no we are a UK based Forum with an international membership.
    The spelling is likely down to software.

Well done on the a1c reduction.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

This is a U.K. site, the clue is in the name Diabetes.co.UK ;)

4. ecneps48

ecneps48 · Newbie

UK site but American software as per usual

5. Fndwheelie

Fndwheelie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done on bringing down the hab1c. I second that the Libre is great for seeing your sugars. I know it’s expensive but even a sensor or two will help people see a much clearer picture than a half dozen finger pricks a day. I’m debating if to carry on with Libre once I’ve settled into a routine and got my numbers down. The idea I’m toying with at the second is just using one every 3-4 months to check I’m still in a good zone.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

Hello and welcome from another (but currently ex-) Libre user.

If you're having an issue with American spelling, then reset your language preference to English (UK) - down at the end of the thread.

UK.png

Robbity

Attached Files:

• UK.png
      UK.png
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think you may be seeing the results of the spell checker in your browser?
    Worth checking that you are using the UK English dictionary.

I am using Chrome at the moment and in the Advanced settings I have spell checking turned on and UK English selected as the dictionary.
    This is useful because I can add new words to the dictionary and they are then available across all sites.

• Useful Useful x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook