Type 1 What do you keep on your bed side table?

Jed.s

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_3355.jpg

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I've stopped keeping anything on my bedside it's now all on the floor next to the bed which is within easier reach, so I keep a bottle of glucotabs and my phone there, i've discovered when having a night time hypo it's easier to just put a hand straight onto the floor to grab either the phone to turn the 'low' alarm off and grab the tabs to neck, generally I feel so unwell with a night time hypo that's all I can manage :hungover:

Reactions: porl69

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Lantus pen because i inject it before i get up in the morning. Dextro energy tabs, Coca Cola, Libre reader and phone. Also my glasses because i can't see close up without them.:)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not much use on the diabetes front. But my phone as an alarm & some jim jams i never wear..
I may have hypo treatment in my work trousers, thrown off bed side.?

The rest gets dumped on a coffee table in the living room..
I'm still confident if i can make it to the kitchen, having been brought up in a 5 bedroom house. I can do it in a bungalow..

Hotel rooms are different. I make sure all is within reach.

@Antje77 ? That's pretty rock & roll.. :cool::)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Mine would rival Tracey Emin, so no photos. But I have dextrose tabs, test kit, phone, Rileylink, other meds and fifteen tons of assorted junk. And dust.

KC67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jelly babies and my phone. As well as a Dyson fan (too hot in the night), lavender oil ( to help me sleep), and ear plugs in case the hubs starts snoring!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For me, my phone, my bf’s phone, my kit and my potato bf. He is useful because the night stand is on his side of the bed.

Jed.s

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a bag of diabetes paraphernalia that goes everywhere with me, including the bed side table (actually it hangs off the bed post). It contains test strips, insulin, meter, GlucoTabs, needles, lancets, emergency number for my pump, spare batteries for my meter, ketone strips and, when not in use, my phone (which I use to read my Libre). Keeping everything in a bag all the time means I am less likely to forget anything. Over the years, I have got quite good at navigating my bag in the dark.

The bag also contains my gym and climbing membership cards and a set of headphones.

Yeah right!, jeez you got he kitchen sink too? xD

Jed.s

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lantus pen because i inject it before i get up in the morning. Dextro energy tabs, Coca Cola, Libre reader and phone. Also my glasses because i can't see close up without them.:)

Eww no not coke I hate Coca Cola it’s too sugary