Diabetics R Us

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know why people don't engage brain before opening mouth .We would have far less stroppers and stressere .I just love when people tell me that I can't have diabetes cos I'm too thin :banghead:
Carol

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know why people don't engage brain before opening mouth .We would have far less stroppers and stressere .I just love when people tell me that I can't have diabetes cos I'm too thin :banghead:
Carol

I met up with a girl that had been my best friend at college back in the 60's. It had been 15 years since we had met previously. I told her about my diabetes and she commented that I was far too slim for that, and was I sure. (What she didn't know was that since my diagnosis I had lost a shed load of excess weight in order to become slim, and she had never seen me fat). But this is an intelligent, highly educated woman who believed the rubbish they put in the media.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carol

Maybe these are the same people who criticize other people for "thinking too much"? I've never understood that one ...
t4608.gif

Sometimes I think the critters who are vocal but not verbal have it so much better than we do.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am still about ,had a frantic few weeks with visitors from across the world Granddaughter and her husband going back to London tomorrow morning ,then off to Spain .Daughter and Son in law have gone back to Congo Skype and WhatsApp are our friends as we also have a daughter and family in Ireland :)
Carol

Reactions: Antje77

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, @JohnEGreen , @Antje77 , and @carty . Good to see y'all!

I feel better than I did the past few days. Thought the Prozac was suddenly giving me side effects. I may go see my doctor this coming week.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm here, but am on holiday at the moment in glorious Shropshire. The Long Mynd, Stipperstones, Carding Mill Valley, Church Stretton, Ludlow, Bishops Castle, all with very easy reach. Cottage is a delight. Very, very old, full of character, quirky, fantastic garden, spotless and comfortable with all mod cons mixing well with the ancient stuff. The week before we came we had a family tragedy (Niece's son in intensive care on life support) so it was good to get away.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm here, but am on holiday at the moment in glorious Shropshire. The Long Mynd, Stipperstones, Carding Mill Valley, Church Stretton, Ludlow, Bishops Castle, all with very easy reach. Cottage is a delight. Very, very old, full of character, quirky, fantastic garden, spotless and comfortable with all mod cons mixing well with the ancient stuff. The week before we came we had a family tragedy (Niece's son in intensive care on life support) so it was good to get away.
Impossible one to rate, so you get these instead:
upload_2019-9-1_18-14-31.jpeg
upload_2019-9-1_18-15-16.jpeg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I had an epiphany this morning. It occurred to me why in ancient times there were regularly scheduled feast days.

Maybe it was because eating wasn't fun back in those days. It wasn't an adventure. Even in years when the crops were good, maybe eating was more about refueling than about competition. So ... when it was time for a religious celebration, or other festival, it involved a feast of some sort.

I came to that thought while I was thinking I really need to get back to the "good" diabetes diet I was on last year. Eating wasn't fun then by any means. At best it was just boring. This year I have indulging too frequently in "good" foods that I enjoy in the moment but that add weight, blood glucose numbers, and have other negativie effects.

Anyway, just a thought ...

Your thoughts? :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My first rule for food is that it should be tasty and interesting. If it isn't I eat less and will snack more.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your thoughts? :)

My thoughts?

If food isn’t enjoyable, then I won’t be eating it regularly.

One of the requirements I have for ANY way of eating I have tried is that I look forward to it and get pleasure from it.
If not, then it isn’t sustainable, and I’m inevitably doomed to drift (as you have done) into more enjoyable choices.

Fortunately, LCHF Carnivore is a way of eating that I seem to genuinely enjoy, both the cooking and the eating, so it is (so far, including a few LC ‘discrepencies’ such as dark choc) proving to be nicely sustainable. 20 months, and counting... :D

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Taking my totally carnivorous grandson back to Uni tomorrow to start his second year no doubt he is going to enjoy himself baiting the university's vegan society who have it seems made him their pet project for converting to their WOE.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Taking my totally carnivorous grandson back to Uni tomorrow to start his second year no doubt he is going to enjoy himself baiting the university's vegan society who have it seems made him their pet project for converting to their WOE.

"Bait me with bacon and ply me with pork chops, for I am sick of spinach ..." ? :D

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"this little pig went to market
this little pig stayed home
this little pig ate roast beef
this little pig had none
what a load of ****
whoever heard of a pig eating roast beef?"

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
whoever heard of a pig eating roast beef?"
That would be every pig who found someone crazy enough to feed it roast beef!

By the way, I hate to break it to you, but the little things attached to your feet aren't really little pigs. I'm sorry.