Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
MORNING y'all

@MeiChanski with regards to the bag on Ebay as long as you described the fading and provided photos of the fading then PayPal will be ok with you. They hold bag the money as soon as their is a dispute, then check both sides of the dispute and rule on there findings......scarring from the canula? not noticed any so far, the canula and insertion needle are so small....similar to the needles on the pens you use.

I have a love-hate relationship with paypal. If it were to go through a dispute, she can easily say I didn’t describe it well enough and images were deceiving or it didn’t reflect, in her words, “damages” of the item. (The bag isn’t damaged, just colour faded through usage and washing it but no holes or tears) The awkward thing is she doesn’t want to return it, either you like it or not. Unfortunately if I had to do a refund, it wouldn’t be a full refund because of fees. I have beautiful mole look scars from where the sensor sat and bled.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski the thing with recruitment (as someone on the management side) is it takes time all round.
First we advertise the role and have to give time for people to see it.
Then we have to decide who is worth interviewing.
Then find dates to interview. Do the interview (and maybe second interviews).
Then offer and wait and see if they accept - depending on seniority there may be negotiations.
It takes Forever.

Hope you get out of the hypo and to interview in time or that you hear something positive soon!

Thank you, my hypo self decided to email the website, not expecting to get a reply and some how they want to see me tomorrow.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@helensaramay you can invent the story. My uncle (born after WWII) convinced his kids that his falling over as a child scar was a bullet wound from war service.

I am pinching that story....I have a scar above my left eye, was hit by a gold club, BUT being shot in the war is a much better story.....just got to convince people that the army will take on type 1 diabetics now :hilarious::hilarious::angelic::angelic:

Reactions: Kim Possible

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have a love-hate relationship with paypal. If it were to go through a dispute, she can easily say I didn’t describe it well enough and images were deceiving or it didn’t reflect, in her words, “damages” of the item. (The bag isn’t damaged, just colour faded through usage and washing it but no holes or tears) The awkward thing is she doesn’t want to return it, either you like it or not. Unfortunately if I had to do a refund, it wouldn’t be a full refund because of fees. I have beautiful mole look scars from where the sensor sat and bled.

They will look at your post.....as long as you have been honest then you have no worries

Reactions: MeiChanski

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Am I the only person thinking of a flying special edition chocolate biscuit causing your scarring?
I remember orange club biscuits, fruit (purple) club biscuits, mint (green) club biscuits and plain (blue) club biscuits. So I assume the gold ones were special edition.

Flipping autocorrect GOLF club :hilarious::hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s pumpkin spice latte season and I don’t like pumpkin spice anything. I love pumpkin soup and stir fry but not pumpkin spice lattes. :(

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, a couple of loooong days working but successful. My friend did a fantastic job of Mattie-sitting and went home this morning for a rest ;) P'raps that was also because she sorted out dishwasher, tidying, prepping dinner, clearing up etc whilst I was at work. Don't you love really good friends?

Day of chores and paperwork today, been for a walk with pup who's keen to make friends with any dog we meet (oh and any people). I'm looking forward to the time when her recall (currently almost non-existent) is reliable enough for me to let her run free.

And on top of all that, bg were v good first day of work and just a tad high the second which I can definitely live with.

Hope you all have a good Thursday whatever you're doing, hope we see @Knikki again and great to see you here too @Cumberland. I agree with @helensaramay, apart from hoping you're donig well, would love to hear how Whispa's getting on; she's a serious cutie.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hoping a Mod can answer the @Knikki thing has he been banned or something? @Antje77 ???

Hi @porl69

All mod actions and decisions are confidential, so I am afraid that none of us can answer your question.

Sorry if that sounds like some of that dreadful 'we can neither confirm or deny...' gumph that turns up on the TV sometimes, but it is how we function, and it is embedded in the way the mod team works. It also protects members, because it basically means that any speculation and gossip is exactly that - because it didn't come from the mod team.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
just a quick reminder in case anybody is interested..... if you reply on here I will see it and DM details on location once we have decided on the venue. @itsbetaupnorth is our Instagram account name

Beta Up North - Insta Feed - Save the date 2.png

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are we talking scars? Well let me set the scene...........up a step ladder with a pair of secateurs............:hilarious: I suppose I could say I was valiantly defending my (fence)post against a vicious attack from some Ivy(league) baseball bat wielding thug :sorry:

Had a go at performing with hand puppets this morning (the things I do for work!)...........The Muppets team have nothing to worry about. :wacky:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Reactions: hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @porl69

All mod actions and decisions are confidential, so I am afraid that none of us can answer your question.

Sorry if that sounds like some of that dreadful 'we can neither confirm or deny...' gumph that turns up on the TV sometimes, but it is how we function, and it is embedded in the way the mod team works. It also protects members, because it basically means that any speculation and gossip is exactly that - because it didn't come from the mod team.
Thanks @Brunneria, that makes sense. Would just be good to know nothing bad's happened...

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my nap and I felt even more rubbish. After my hypo, it went to 7.1 which I'm very happy about but when I woke up it dropped to 4.1. :( Tresiba, y u do dis?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am pinching that story....I have a scar above my left eye, was hit by a gold club, BUT being shot in the war is a much better story.....just got to convince people that the army will take on type 1 diabetics now :hilarious::hilarious::angelic::angelic:

My dad, who served in WW11, had shrapnel embedded in his upper left arm, it used to give him twinges now and again.
I have a scar just below my left knee, I was hit by an Ice Hockey puck, on Ex's birthday night out, at out local Ice rink, boy did it hurt, but I forgive them, as they were rather hunky Canadians ................:joyful: :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was bitten by something on my way to collect my prescription and I squeezed the wound and the blood, now it's not too itchy.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
After a week, I now have my Libre sensor well and truly stuck to my arm, I have missed it, but, only got the one, so I am owed another one.

Last edited:
Reactions: hh1 and porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know if I must and absolutely use the blood meter that comes with the insulin pump? I know the contour next linked is connected with the pump in some way

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The mystery surrounding @knikki ? Well let’s hope he has found pastures new and hasn’t fallen foul of DCUK.
It would be a travesty to let go such a godsend to this forum.
50yrs plus a type 1 diabetic. You can’t buy that experience! You could buy a heavily edited book with snippets of the experience this guy had, but with Knikki it’s free and he has no financial gains in mind.
Not someone who made lifestyle changes and achieved better results. No, type 1 is his lifestyle and always has been.
Infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood and soon to be pensioner:). This guy has done it all. Not with tablets and dietary changes. Oh no this was done with a wonder drug, a life saving drug a drug so good it’s got the capacity to put you in a coma within hours. Living every day of your life dealing with what this drug offers is no mean feat. Let’s hope all that wisdom and knowledge is not lost to those newbies and the parents of those babies and kids who are struggling to believe they haven’t been handed a death sentence. This guy proves anything and everything is possible and you can still eat Jaffa cakes.
The forum needs people who can bring so much real life living with and understanding type 1 diabetes.
If the axe has fallen on Knikki like it has on others then we, the forum, should be ashamed. It’s our forum and we need our friends.