Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, almost at the end of the first week, not sure where that went. Sugars doing a bit up and down, but only on a relatively small scale. Diabetes and specifically acidosis got a mention yesterday. Ears pricked up, obvs. Just an aside in a chemistry lesson, we were talking about hydrogen ions acidifying the blood and making you feel confused - it’s exactly the same with alcohol.

Hope you’re all well, been a bit busy to contribute but have been reading this thread to keep up to date x

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, perhaps Knikki went of his own accord? (we will never know) but I am shocked and saddened too.

BGs have been a bit meh! but nothing too horrible just a bit higher than ideal - although started the day on a 7.8 :happy:

Reactions: hh1 and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
What batteries does everyone recommend for their pump? rechargeable batteries, alkaline batteries or lithium batteries?

Medtronic supply batteries when you order your sets and resevoirs, I got 8 batteries for 6 months supply. They send lithium batteries and they are branded. Each battery lasts me 6 weeks.

Good morning all......not blousing in work today BUT will rage blouse when I get home :)......before you ask for pics my phone lens is broken :bag::bag::angelic::angelic::hilarious::hilarious:

Decided to cook a Korma last night with coconut rice....worked out the carbs, got Mike to do a dual wave bolus, sat down to eat, had one mouthful and decided I didnt want it!.......stopped the dual wave, had a look at what insulin was already in and had some chocolate and a banana instead. Bloods 2 hours later were 8.....

Reactions: karen8967

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning, that’s surprising to know. Thank you, I was going to stock up on batteries
You guys had a curry as well? So did we, we had a thai curry last night. My bf had chicken and I had tofu. :) unfortunately I went low again despite different ratio for rice. I was 6.2 this morning but the woozy kind of 6.2. According to my libre I had a hypo, I remember feeling it and picking up my test strip but I found unopened test strips on the floor. I guess my body wanted to sleep.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Morning. Received my new MM in the post yesterday. Hopefully, this one will be out of puppy range. Slept sounder with the knowledge I was alarmed. Have been forgetting I type 1 at work when it comes to not thinking about it every moment of every day. Of course, this is different at mealtimes, but I feel more relaxed. Have a great day everyone.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Lovely grass car in for an MOT today
20190913_103330.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Postponing the making room in my living room before I get my floor planks to the last moment. Drinking coffee in the sun is just so much nicer than carrying heavy chairs and small tables downstairs and transferring books to boxes so I can move the heavy book case. I don't have a very big living room (4x5m or so) so I really need the extra space to put the planks.
A friend comes to help trying to lay the floor in a week (we have no experience whatsoever with it, so it should work out just fine) but I've still decided to put the planks in my living room in the mean time.
For one, it saves me having to carry them up and down stairs twice, and secondly an more important, having them utterly in the way for a week should motivate me to do something with them. I hope.

A new floor was not something I was planning, but it was given away to the first to react in a facebook group and I do like a wooden floor. Current floor is underlayment boards so something new will be nice :)

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey fellow 1ners

I started my phase to work on Wed as been off since June with pneumonia and of course newly diagnosed type1 diabetes.

Been going well. And yesterday was best result ever. I hit 4.8 just before dinner time. Not a hypo but could feel a slight difference in myself. Never been lower than 5 so all the walking about and excersie lowered it good.

Should worse happen I working at Norwich stn and there's shops on the stn so can easily go get something sugary.

See wat today brings. :)

Reactions: hh1 and slip

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice. I'm around 7.0s 7.2s each morning now :)
Morning, that’s surprising to know. Thank you, I was going to stock up on batteries
You guys had a curry as well? So did we, we had a thai curry last night. My bf had chicken and I had tofu. :) unfortunately I went low again despite different ratio for rice. I was 6.2 this morning but the woozy kind of 6.2. According to my libre I had a hypo, I remember feeling it and picking up my test strip but I found unopened test strips on the floor. I guess my body wanted to sleep.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hey fellow 1ners

I started my phase to work on Wed as been off since June with pneumonia and of course newly diagnosed type1 diabetes.

Been going well. And yesterday was best result ever. I hit 4.8 just before dinner time. Not a hypo but could feel a slight difference in myself. Never been lower than 5 so all the walking about and excersie lowered it good.

Should worse happen I working at Norwich stn and there's shops on the stn so can easily go get something sugary.

See wat today brings. :)

I carry hypo treatment with me all the time.....as @helensaramay has said you may not be able to get some hypo treatment and pay for it if you are going lo quickly

Reactions: Delticmatt100

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What an interesting morning. Before getting ready for my interview, as I was applying my makeup on, my bf said "who are you catfishing? and I said "I catfished you into dating me". :hilarious:
I had my interview and the manager is very nice. She wants to employ me but I need to show her a document to prove my NI number is mine. Because I have the number, but I don't have the card. So I need to ring HMRC about it. The college visit was even more interesting, one person told me to speak to another person and that person looked at me funny and said the initial person should have done it all and said this. So I was walking around in circles looking for that specific person to speak to but both of them were not in. So I have to call them on monday about it and my bf is a bit iffy in showing his bank statements to them so I can get help for tuition funding. I have no problems paying for the kit, the tuition is the bigger chunk that I can't afford. The women I spoke to who was the reception for beauty therapy asked for me age and said my english is very good. My bf thought that was quite racist. I said in a jokingly way "maybe she thought I escaped Vietnam and got a boat to China then married you for a green card to get a UK passport, then learned english up to this level within 3 months". But smh, I was born in London, what did she mean my english is good :hilarious::grumpy:. It was quite warm today, so I hypoed again after chasing people to speak to about college, luckily my bf said "care for some Mcdonalds?"
I just wanted to say the college environment is indeed different to university, some boys catcalling girls and the whole slang comes into play "init".:hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The manager didn't know there was several types of diabetes, she referred back to one of her employees and said she is doing okay. I said she probably is managed very well on diet or she knows what to do in circumstances like this and manages through adjusting her insulin according to work. However insulin lowers blood glucose, if I get it wrong I will have to treat it. So she is quite happy to make some adjustments for me and is willing to let me start on a few hours a week but she needs the NI number document.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
The manager didn't know there was several types of diabetes, she referred back to one of her employees and said she is doing okay. I said she probably is managed very well on diet or she knows what to do in circumstances like this and manages through adjusting her insulin according to work. However insulin lowers blood glucose, if I get it wrong I will have to treat it. So she is quite happy to make some adjustments for me and is willing to let me start on a few hours a week but she needs the NI number document.

Have you a P45 or P60?? Both will show your NI number