HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi everyone
I have just a little question here. A friend shared with me a new information lately. But I am not sure about that information yet.
She said that there a relation between LDL and type 2 I am just wondering is that true. If you have any thing about this information please share with us
Thank you

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I think it is fair to say that LDL alone is not a good marker for anything at all. High Trilycerides plus low HDL is a good marker for Insulin Resistance and therefore Type 2 Diabetes. (The worst case scenario as far as my understanding goes is high LDL plus high Trigs plus low HDL).

Hope this helps.

M

Member496333

In my humble and perhaps overly cynical opinion, the only thing that LDL (in isolation) is good at predicting is that someone will try to prescribe/sell you a drug for a condition you may not have or ever get (heart disease). In fact some studies seem to suggest that higher LDL predicts lower overall mortality?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Are the boffins still working on the software? Twice now I have tried to add another comment for clarification and to add a link about cholesterol (in my signature) and twice failed.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Are the boffins still working on the software? Twice now I have tried to add another comment for clarification and to add a link about cholesterol (in my signature) and twice failed.
Yes they are, and so far have managed to do so without shutting down the whole forum so well done to them!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes they are, and so far have managed to do so without shutting down the whole forum so well done to them!
My missing comment turned up on a totally different thread. I have members now scratching their heads and wondering if I have lost the plot completely.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My missing comment turned up on a totally different thread. I have members now scratching their heads and wondering if I have lost the plot completely.
I saw it but didn't react as I saw you were already tagged in that thread. Nothing we can do about it and still better to have a misplaced post (annoying as that is) than having the whole forum down.
I propose to go back to staying on topic to Hicham's post now.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I saw it but didn't react as I saw you were already tagged in that thread. Nothing we can do about it and still better to have a misplaced post (annoying as that is) than having the whole forum down.
I propose to go back to staying on topic to Hicham's post now.
No harm done. Just had me doubting my own sanity ;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure what your post has to do with this.
What did you eat today thread..:wideyed:

:hilarious:

OP..as I understand it,
The trigs are the fat carriers so if you want a low drop off fat in your bloodstream, you want lower trig's.
The LDL, deposits the supposed bad into the bloodstream, and the HDL removes it.

Now just like our refuse collection its the whole network that makes it tick.

Bins out and no collection.:wideyed:
No bins cos we ask got the day wrong
Easy rounds for bin men
Bins out, Binmen ready, but depot on strike...:woot:

So it's not one or none.. It's all.

As guzzler says worst case scenario
High trigs high LDL.. Low HDL.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have higher levels of LDL you are statistically likely to live longer - someone checked. It is on the BMJ Open website

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Oh thank you everyone I think that is a really Helpful