Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 it sounds like you should get that wrist checked out.
I'm starting to get to that conclusion as well. But not on a sunday.
Unless it's gone as suddenly tomorrow as it came on today I'll give my GP a call. Sadly, it doesn't look like the inherited ancient tramadol is doing anything. Not in regards to the pain and not in the rather enjoyable side effects :(

Ouch @Antje77 .
I thought you were going to say your lovely friend/neighbour was going to do your 4 days of cooking for you.
Before my friend told me to get Chinese food I was thinking of dropping by one of my neighbours with my groceries to have them peel and chop everything :)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greeting fellow pumpers and prickers, I hope that you have all had a good weekend

I had my annual review at hospital and was disappointed when they advise me that my Hba1C was still a little high at 60. I have had my Libre for 15 months now and my best ever 7 day average had been 7.4. Imagine my surprise and delight when I checked today and this had dropped to 7 day average of 7.0. Now just need to get it below 7.0 for another milestone

Attachments

• libre 3.jpg
    libre 3.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 257

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found a couple of 2016 ones as well :)
Did you know capsules get deflated over the years? Found a leaflet on the internet as well, saying you can have up to 8 per day so I decided to take one now and add another before bed if nothing bad happens.
If I start making even less sense than usual in an hour, you'll know the cause :)

Antje - Please be cautious - particularly if you are continuing to take paracetamol. The following patient information leaflet might help a bit.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2885.pdf

I hate pain, and I hate taking painkillers, so I do feel for you.

Don't be a martyr to it.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Antje - Please be cautious - particularly if you are continuing to take paracetamol. The following patient information leaflet might help a bit.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2885.pdf

I hate pain, and I hate taking painkillers, so I do feel for you.

Don't be a martyr to it.
Thanks for the warning!
Your leaflet is for a paracetamol/tramadol combination, I have the ones without paracetamol so it should be fine to combine. I've spelled out the leaflet for the ones I have before taking one (and yours just now) and I take it easy on the acohol, although I was rather hoping my 2 beers would make me drowsy and happy (yes, it states happiness as a side effect in the Dutch leaflet :)) but nothing.
Nothing else in the warnings and contra indications ail me (and they don't seem to work anymore anyway) so I think I'll be fine, except for the pain.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone night of lows for me woke to a 2.3 mouthful of jelly babies now 4.6 just about to have breakfast so alls well have a good day everyone

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetes apparently loves sore wrists and old tramadol, woke up in the mid 5's with a lovely straight line on my Libre.
GP will have a look at the wrist in the afternoon :)

Reactions: karen8967

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, very boringly nothing to report here. Bg behaved overnight, Mattie's doing fine, I'm already bored with the rain and we haven't had anything like as much as elsewhere. Hope those of you in flooded areas are safe; have a good day even if it's not as interesting as @Mel dCP's - mine won't be.....

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
OK BG, good because I've got a list as long as my arm of things I've got to do with and without the car.
It's sunny too

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning all, bought a car at the weekend! The Wifes car is starting to have one or 2 niggles and so thought we'd trade it in before it either gives up the ghost or becomes worthless.....she's happy so I'm happy, bank manager on the other hand.......

BGs have been fairly good apart from the resultant fall out over the Chinese friday night.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I made some biscuits last week, almond flour eggs, sugar free stuff etc, half dipped in dark choc. I don't eat breakfast but I've been having 2 of these lovelies with my first coffee. Today I didn't and have just checked my BG before driving ..................

Shocking, positively shocking!!! Huge dump from 6.1 to 9.4

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends
7.4 earlier today but monthly visitor is here so I’m extremely short tempered, hungry, angry and tired. My bf was suppose to go out to get food but he hasn’t so he is playing a very dangerous game. :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just scrolling through Instagram and I came across someone promoting a supplement. Caption was saying if you take this, you’ll no longer need insulin. I’m like that hold on, that’s incredibly dangerous for any type 1s who comes across that post. I reported it and instagram denied it & said it doesn’t violate community guidelines. So I’m quite angry.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi anyone help me out? I'm changing to a new computer and trying to make my bookmark bar again. The problem is, when I try to log in here, ie this site, I'm not recognised and they just want me to sign up again...some of my details are there. Try to log in and it switches to sign in
In the end I just get an error message
"Please enter a name that is at most 25 characters long"
What's this all about? Can't even find a button on here to contact the tech people on here. Sorry, frustrated. Help

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB you just login with your SueJB username and password - or you should be able to (it's not case sensitive is it?)..........sorry not much help.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB you just login with your SueJB username and password - or you should be able to (it's not case sensitive is it?)..........sorry not much help.
Thanks @slip, that's exactly what I tried to do... not possible.I never thought I was computer illiterate but with this site, I am. Transferred everything else.We'll see