Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!!

Had an utterly smug moment this week in that not only did I get my own lunchtime guess for unfamiliar food right, I dealt with Young Vampire's one hot meal a week routine with ease - not all the meal was eaten, so I got to do the adjustments. Everyone else just looked in terror at the mere thought of doing the sums and panicked because it's the first time this has happened since this routine began. But, I showed my workings in the blood sugars diary, did the normal 2 hours retest (which is also the pre-going home test) and we were all happy as it was a "snack to keep you going" number. Which Young Vampire loves. If it had been me, I'd've been slightly cross at needing a snack then, or inclined to leave it another hour to see if I would drift up a bit, but I'm not Young Vampire - (Me, I'm probably Middle-Aged heading to Old Vampire) who is now taking an interest in my tests and can tell me if I need a snack or not at break times.

I kept utter smug mode until I left the building merely remarking it's what I have to do mentally all the time so I find it less stressful even though inwardly it's far more stressful doing someone else's calculations - I wrote it all down rather than the mental calculation I do for myself. Then I did a happy dance to the bemusement of passing students desperate to get home for the weekend. Luckily even the new ones are used to me now and either laughed or rolled their eyes in despair.

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone have a great weekend im off for my brain scan later going for a chinese beforehand to take my mind off it

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all, I hope your Saturday will be good and sending a ((((((( hug ))))) to those who need one or would like one.
No work today, but working tomorrow, so either going for a river walk or the cinema a little later, depending on the weather.
Take care, especially @karen8967 x

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow pumpers and prickers.

I too am off to hospital this morning, to have a 24 hour blood pressure monitor fitted. I was at diabetic clinic only 10 days ago and mentioned that at my last few visits my BP was a little high. So once again a first class service from NHS

Only downside is it goes off evry 20 minutes and then every hour during the night. So could have a sleepless night tonight

ChrissiStar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Room for another in here?

Thought I had myself back on track yesterday after the past couple of weeks, but no, my stomach had other ideas about my dinner and I woke with a 13 *sigh* it’s down to 7 now and still coming down, but I could have done without it.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Thought I had myself back on track yesterday after the past couple of weeks, but no, my stomach had other ideas about my dinner and I woke with a 13 *sigh* it’s down to 7 now and still coming down, but I could have done without it.

Always room for another, and welcome!

Reactions: ChrissiStar

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I too am off to hospital this morning, to have a 24 hour blood pressure monitor fitted. I was at diabetic clinic only 10 days ago and mentioned that at my last few visits my BP was a little high. So once again a first class service from NHS

Only downside is it goes off evry 20 minutes and then every hour during the night. So could have a sleepless night tonight
I had one of these on a few years back. Hopefully they have improved things. Mine kept going off all the time.
It got to 2 a.m. and I took it off. It was ridiculous I just couldn’t get sleep and figured my blood pressure was going to be sky high purely because of the stress and tension of wearing the monitor.
Good luck:banghead:

Reactions: Marie 2 and smc4761

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
I love Saturdays, especially when it's not raining. Off into Oxford to buy some fish to make a curry. The actual name escapes me.
Cooked some magic pork yesterday but spoilt it by having 2 Hungarian biscuits afterwards. Needless to say BG was not to my liking, my fault. I really do need to get a grip as I've got to have a blood test at the end of this month HbA1c!!
Have a lovely weekend everyone and thanks @Robinredbreast for the hug

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Remarkably, I was expecting a sleepless night, as someone who wakes up easily, but I had a rare sleep right through the night! Good luck with it, though!!

Reactions: smc4761

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not getting my hopes up too much, but after waking up every 3 hours from the pain tonight, I woke up for real this morning and was able to sit up and get out of bed without screaming! A definite improvement :)
When it was time for painkillers I found out because of the time, not from the pain :)

Hand is still tender and living on a pillow in my lap and I haven't dared moving as much as a finger but I can now lift it and get up from the couch without making funny noises or getting nauseous :)

Fingers crossed this isn't a blip and will continue!

Reactions: Diakat

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I didn't go to training today, I had two hypos in the early hours of the morning and I wasn't willing to do anything practical with the lack of sleep. I feel much better now and I called my mum today because she sent two cute videos of Rosie. Baby cousin is walking a few steps then squats like she did herself proud. :hilarious: Mum said Rosie is about knee height tall and I was like oh she is growing up now :arghh:

Reactions: Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone have any good ideas for educational toys for my baby cousin? She is almost a year old and I would like to get her something that she can learn from for Christmas and her birthday.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon. Been on a community first responder training day. Was quite chuffed to have got 99.16% on the CPR assessment, beating the trainer :D We covered diabetes as well... luckily mine behaved!

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hello and a big welcome to the thread :)

Reactions: ChrissiStar
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Does anyone have any good ideas for educational toys for my baby cousin? She is almost a year old and I would like to get her something that she can learn from for Christmas and her birthday.

Books are great, especially if they make a noise and have different textures to touch. you can also get soft books, as babies put most things in their mouth and washable ones for bath time.
Toys that help with coordination, animal toys are good too. VTech do a nursery rhymes book.