Is Your Olive Oil a Fraud?

brucito

Hi

It's a nightmare to find good oil in supermarkets - always try direct from producers or known sources if possible - but you usually pay more. Interesting articles online about fake olive oils.

I picked and pressed my own olive oil in Oct 2017 in Calabria, south Italy - under the name The Tiny Batch - I just sell it by word of mouth because it's so limited - assuming I don't finish it all myself first.

I think the London markets (Borough etc) have some good locally sourced olive oils.

Cheers,
Bruce

Reactions: Our_lady_

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have a Costco the Kirkland brand olive is tested and has a reputation for being pure.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have a Costco the Kirkland brand olive is tested and has a reputation for being pure.

Spuds, you are responding to an awful lot of very old threads. For example, this one had been dormant for more than 6 months before your post.

There's nothing inherently wrong in doing as you are but it may not lead to great interactions.

J Agudo

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Olive oil is fine for low temperature frying.
That is a myth that I see very often, there is evidence that proves that extra virgin olive oil is suitable for pan-frying and deep-frying with no problems. The only reason to not to use it is its higher price compared with refined seed oils. Unfortunately, I cannot attach a link but if you copy:" reinosdetaifas . com/olive-oil-science " without the spaces in your browser you can see it

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
That is a myth that I see very often, there is evidence that proves that extra virgin olive oil is suitable for pan-frying and deep-frying with no problems. The only reason to not to use it is its higher price compared with refined seed oils. Unfortunately, I cannot attach a link but if you copy:" reinosdetaifas . com/olive-oil-science " without the spaces in your browser you can see it

Agreed 100%. I hate olive oil as it's FAR too heavy in taste and lousy for frying compared to extra virgin

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
You'll all have a lot more to worry about once the American rubbish starts flowing freely!!
Once the labeling gets less informative too but ... few of you seem to be worrying about the rubbish you're eating already as a concoction of chemical mixtures like never before in history.
Dig the lawn up and get it growing food and flowers for the sake of the insects as well yourself.
Lawns are one of the planets biggest destroyers of the environment but hardly get a mention.
I've never understood lawn mentality anyway!
Why would you want a garden that looked like a carpet?

Reactions: Flora123

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Our lawn /grass has clover for the bees worms for the birds and somewhere to put my chair to sit and watch the birds and a table for my wine
Carol

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Our lawn /grass has clover for the bees worms for the birds and somewhere to put my chair to sit and watch the birds and a table for my wine
Carol
Nothing wrong with a small patch .........