Type 1'stars R Us

Manfer87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Manfer87 keep scanning it may just be a blip.

Thanks @becca59 I will keep trying it.

The first few scans it just said glucose monitoring unavailable, please scan again in 10 minutes. I did this about 6 or 7 times. Then it just said sensor not working, replace sensor.

I'll keep going throughout the day as I can't change it until I get home at 6pm anyway.

Fingers crossed!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mornings needing more of a sledgehammer approach and evening just a bit of fairy dust. Which fits in also with my different insulin to food ratios throughout the day.

Mine is the other way around, we are all so different.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all, I had good reading yesterday, until this morning then it soared to 12.0 :banghead::rolleyes: I took my phone and scanner to the hospital for my DSN to upload as my computer isn't compatible:rolleyes: whilst I was waiting the lady in the office made me a coffee and when DSN was free we had a good talk about what is going on. She said 'don't be too hard on yourself' and was so helpful and supportive, I came away feeling more optimistic, whether that will last I don't know, but it made me feel good at the time.

When I got home I clicked on the 'accept Practice invitation 'from nurse and this came up:banghead::wideyed: it always happens to me :rolleyes:
Invitation not found

No LibreView Practice invitation could be found for the URL entered. Please double-check the URL in the email or contact the Practice Admin who sent you the invitation.
You can also create a LibreView account without an invitation :arghh:

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
Hope you get better soon @becca59 and that you continue being the boss @Kim Possible
Odd number this morning 3.7 but decided against feeding this. An hour later 7.0. Thanks liver

Manfer87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Manfer87 keep scanning it may just be a blip.

Well my plan to keep trying was short lived.. .. ..
My app now shows my sensor has ended lol

upload_2019-10-9_10-12-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-9_10-12-19.png
    upload_2019-10-9_10-12-19.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 266

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@LooperCat surely after all that school experience you can handle violence and aggression?

Had a Board meeting came out on a 10. New blouse needed.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Finally cooking again after 2 weeks of take-away and mystery food from the freezer!
Thumb is still very sore but they sell all kinds of pre-cut fresh veggies nowadays. I bought a little pot of pre-cut garlic as well (and even remembered to ask one of the supermarket employees to pre-open the pre-cut garlic or it would still be useless :D). Powdered ginger is almost as good as the real thing in a marinade, as is hot sauce instead of a chilli pepper, and the butcher was happy to cut my pork belly in bite sized pieces.

Can't believe it took me this long to think of pre-cut stuff!
Drove off (still using 3rd gear only) to the supermarket as soon as I did, being all excited about being able to cook :) It was a pretty interesting trip, as rage blousing seems to be the thing today, and I had just done so when leaving the house. BG was dropping fast when coming out of the store, but I had to wait for 30 minutes until the butcher store opened, plenty of time to make sure I could drive home safely.

Dogs will be happy too, they will get to eat the rest of the chili con carne/pasta sauce mystery meal I had planned to finish today :)

Reactions: Diakat

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greeting fellow pumpers and prickers, sending a big hug to all that need one

After my silly highs of a few days ago things settled back down again, once I changed the canula and put a new one in. Been running mid 6- mid 7 for most of past few days which i am happy with.

Fun tonight though as i am off to a gig to see a great blues guitarist, Danny Bryant who is playing in a small venue at a hotel 60 miles away Looks like its gonna be a late night for me. Thing is when i go to gigs or places with lots of people, sometimes I suffer from slight panic attacks. I can convince myself by BG are low, even though they may be 10+ and start to panic a little. Thank goodness for Libre and quick testing which should ease my mind a little. I will however no doubt run a little high and worry about higher BG later

have a great evening friends

Reactions: Diakat

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well my plan to keep trying was short lived.. .. ..
My app now shows my sensor has ended lol

View attachment 36086

Hi,

Just read about your new sensor.? Have you tried rebooting the phone? If you have wifi or Bluetooth switched on, try with them switched off? Just thought. If you have an account that pays for transactions via NFC? Try disabling that too..
Sometimes these devices get confused..

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Back from my very short trip to Australia.I have missed reading everyone's posts. The major mishaps of travelling on insulin was firstly at Heathrow terminal 3 where they've never heard of a Freestyle Libre and I had to strip in a room for two women border officers had to test my libre for explosive residue. It was partly my fault as I wore a long-sleeved dress that they couldn't access my arm. Also, the other minus was that I hypoed in the heat and with jetlag 50% of the time. I usually hypo 1% of the time. I've eaten my entire supply of jellybeans. I'm rather relieved to be home in Oxford. I need some holiday insulin training.

Reactions: karen8967

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
@ert sorry to read about your experience.
Out of interest, how did the Heathrow security guys find out you had a Libre?
I only ask because I have been through Bristol security with a Libre attached and it did not register on the metal detector so I just walked through.
It will be a pain if some metal detectors are more sensitive and spot it, resulting in the kind of treatment you mention. On a cold day, I would be wearing long sleeves without easy Libre access.

I guess it could be worthwhile flagging this to Abbott - I know pump reps spend time at airports educating the security guys. Perhaps Abbott could be encouraged to do the same.
Cheers. I will contact Abbott.
Only the Heathrow and Singapore detectors were set off by the Libre. This resulted in a firm patting down where they discovered the device. The Singapore staff were great and said they were happy that it was a Libre. The Heathrow staff said they're never heard of it and they needed to check for explosives with a swap and scan.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@ert welcome back, shame about the travel bit though.
Are we all going to do name changes? I get confused
@Kim Possible has the same avatar as sarahmay and @LooperCat is Mel's cat
???????????????
Fun though
Madam BG strutting bad stuff here, serves me right for eating a bit of petit pain

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Sorry for the late report, my BG was 5.5 this morning. Unfortunately shot up to 11.2 with a low carb breakfast on board. Eventually corrected and I was at 6.6 in time for the full evening menu cook out. Even more unfortunate that a lot of food went in the bin. Angry girl today actually used her fork to scrap the meat off the skewer. I don’t know if girls were being rude when they were asking if my bf is my sugar daddy. I’m like is it not normal for my bf to drop his lovely gf off for work?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MeiChanski - I don't know what sort of payment cycle you and your colleague are on, but I seem to think you started very close to the last pay day?

Most employers, will have a cut off date for paying people. This allows the calculations to be done and arrangements made with their bank to make the payment.

If you missed a payroll run, then in your shoes, I would not expect to be paid before the next standard run.

If you don't know how it works, you could ask your manager when pay days are.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski - I don't know what sort of payment cycle you and your colleague are on, but I seem to think you started very close to the last pay day?

Most employers, will have a cut off date for paying people. This allows the calculations to be done and arrangements made with their bank to make the payment.

If you missed a payroll run, then in your shoes, I would not expect to be paid before the next standard run.

If you don't know how it works, you could ask your manager when pay days are.
It is every friday, but according to a few others they haven't been paid for the week we did at another place. Only one female was paid for that week we did. As for training, everyone hasn't been paid for it just yet. I understand they couldn't pay me for that week I started on, but it will be 2 weeks tomorrow so I have no clue. My manager said we'll be paid and we shouldn't be worried.