1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Isn't that just the most recent Apple watch?

Well, it's what they tell us on the advertising................

2. Dabootie

Dabootie Type 1 · Active Member

Woah Fairygodmother!! Is that the MORAY Firth. That’s where I’m from originally!

3. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

I can’t afford one of those either! :arghh: I’ve got an older one that apparently detects AF, though.

4. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Oh yes, it is. My spelling’s not as good as @looper Cat’s today. I even got the wrong country . Did you learn sword dancing too, like himindoors? He was banned when he took off his hat (bonnet?), laid it on a tree trunk, and chopped it with the sword.
    Do you miss the Moray?

5. Dabootie

Dabootie Type 1 · Active Member

Lol, I did highland dancing as a kid but after accidentally getting locked into the toilets in the building after class I refused to go any more.
    My mum still lives on the shores of the firth and I bought a cottage up there about 18 months ago....we are half way through renovating it but that’s all on hold at the moment so I can get my health sorted out.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Back from the Dr. again with my wrist (improving but still almost useless) and my thumb (still very sore and swollen), and will get an ultrasound in a week.
    So now I'm kind of hoping it still hurts a week from now, as I'd love to know what's going on.

• Hug Hug x 5
  7. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Currently on my last batch of mystery food from my freezer. Not sure if it's pasta sauce or chili con carne but it tasted quite nice with lots of grated cheese. Today I'll add a generous dollop of creme fraiche as well :hungry: Yes, friendly neighbour grated the cheese for me :)
    It's enough to last me for today and tomorrow, so 2 more days to come up with a new plan!

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ChrissiStar

ChrissiStar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What a day!

Saw my GP this morning and have been signed off with depression and anxiety for two weeks and left armed with anti-depressants. Everything came to a head yesterday when I had the scariest anxiety attack of my life, woke up with my heart trying to come through my chest and sweat pouring off me and no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t calm myself down.

I then had my ABPI/Doppler this afternoon and my left leg is normal, but my right leg is showing ‘mild’. Anyway, the nurse told me not to worry about it and if the doctor needs to speak to me about it she’ll be in touch, but if I am worried about it I can just make an appointment to discuss it with her. She did say it’s mild and will likely just need monitoring, but got the usual advice of watch my bloods, watch my weight, get more active and make healthy food choices.

I just feel like everything is one step forward and three back right now! Could cry as I love walking (when I go to NYC I easily manage 10+ miles a day) and right now I sometimes can’t make it round the supermarket without getting a dead foot.

• Hug Hug x 4
  9. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hope all's well for those who haven't been having a good time recently. I'm trying to recycle and thought that I really should be able to do something for that December do with these little things
    Any ideas? IMG_3744.JPG

10. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Yuck.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  11. ChrissiStar

ChrissiStar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yuck indeed.

• Hug Hug x 1
  12. Fairygodmother

It would depend on the composition of the plastic used whether or not they could be sent for recycling.
    However, using suitable glue arrange them round, or into, a sphere to make a flower. First filling the little darlings with colourful chocolate wrappers?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. crazyhenlady

crazyhenlady Type 1 · Member

Just wondered how anyone on hflc diet counteracts hypos in the night post exercise.

I can be fine after 1 hour run in the day ..in fact i can run anytime of the day and that night at about 3am get hypo and end up having lucozade to correct .

I have adjusted my novorapid insulin for the lunch and dinner but then get high readings post meals and if i adjust lantus down then get high levels the next day if i do it that night or that day if reduce the night before. During a run my BG does raise initially and then settle into normal range.

I watched the Using Freestyle libre with exercise webinar but it only told you to eat carbs post exercise which i really want to avoid as its not then i get the hypo.
    They didnt get to my question either
    Does anyone else on this diet/ exercise regime get this?
    What do you do to stop these night hypos?
    Any advise welcome.

14. SueJB

Love that idea, thanks

15. SueJB

Love the reindeers. I'm thinking along the lines of threading them as they're so small. Just started saving them and feel better already

16. Fairygodmother

I wonder how the neighbours would react to the wreaths?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Could try them for Halloween and see?

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Fortunately hypos don’t have a lasting effect on me thank goodness, earlier this afternoon I was in a meeting that had lots of sweets passing around the table, and you know me I couldn’t resist up shot was come home time I was at 17.sonething:meh: so did a 7u correction that would normally bring me nicely down to around 8 but with the cycle to the car thought it would put me around 6, all well and good, get home cook dinner/tea/supper and dish up them bam! It was like I’d been steamrollered, ok I’m low, took some gluco tabs before eating and tested 1.9 ! it Was so sudden. Oh well back in normal range now and no worse for wear. What a wonderful life we live! :wideyed:

• Hug Hug x 4
  19. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

For me high sugar/low fat stuff spike me quick and high, but also drop again way before the insulin is finished working, risking hypo's.
    Could it be something like that happened?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

The Saw lives here?! o_O:nailbiting:

• Funny Funny x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook