Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, newbie here and wondering if I could join this thread please. I was diagnosed with type 2 4 weeks ago and started low carb pretty much the next day.

I was weighed 5 weeks ago at the dr's at 145.6kg or nearly 23 stone.
Today I was weighed again at 138.8kg so 21st 9lbs ish.

Obviously really pleased with that loss. I still have a very long way to go but I'm feeling positive about it.
Welcome @Rocklobster, I didn't even ask to join, just stuck my neb in and posted and was still very much welcomed. Happy that you can join us, I've saved a place on the sofa for you;)

Reactions: Rocklobster

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Nowhere near 5.6 just a short --- person, so it must be that I need to lose a lot more weight than I think!:rolleyes:
Take heart Ryhopian, i was classified as underweight for decades. Apparently about a stone underweight. So similar weight for you might well be perfect:)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If you lived with us you wouldn't be slim. No one is.
The key is to making your diabetes the priority. Regardless of weight then addressing weight loss normally. Can I ask if you have gone through the change yet? Many slim people add in the change. Also how is your thyroid health? Hv you been checked for overactive thyroid?
Yes and yes, well past the change, and thyroid checked out ok about six months ago. Have always been slim, BMI almost exactly on the underwight line. Also do eat plenty.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
88.8kg this morning - that's another 1.5kg (16.8kg total) (sorry i weigh in on Mondays because i started doing that and im sticking too it!)

Pleased to be under 90kg.

More pleased that its 9 weeks that i have stuck to this and im feeling great, just need to stick at it for another 40 years and i will be fine lol.

Reactions: Prem51

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
88.8kg this morning - that's another 1.5kg (16.8kg total) (sorry i weigh in on Mondays because i started doing that and im sticking too it!)

More pleased that its 9 weeks that i have stuck to this and im feeling great, just need to stick at it for another 40 years and i will be fine lol.
welcome Sno0opy,
good progress so far, keep it up.:happy:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thing is, sno0opy, after a while, it's not "sticking at it", it's just what you do.

Obviously, there comes a time when it might be necessary to tweak things a bit to stall weight loss, but that's a bridge to cross when you get close to it.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thing is, sno0opy, after a while, it's not "sticking at it", it's just what you do.

Obviously, there comes a time when it might be necessary to tweak things a bit to stall weight loss, but that's a bridge to cross when you get close to it.
Yea i agree, and i intend too. However i must admit im still finding it very hard, weight loss i can cope with but loss of bread and pasta which were the foundations of my life is the depressing bit for me! I can happily live without cake but i could murder a hunk of sour dough!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yea i agree, and i intend too. However i must admit im still finding it very hard, weight loss i can cope with but loss of bread and pasta which were the foundations of my life is the depressing bit for me! I can happily live without cake but i could murder a hunk of sour dough!

Nine weeks is no time at all, in the scheme of things. Although I used to bake our bread at home, it wasn't a wrench to me to give that up, but for a while, Kettle Chips - Salsa and Mesquite in particular, seemed harsh.

Give it time.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes and yes, well past the change, and thyroid checked out ok about six months ago. Have always been slim, BMI almost exactly on the underwight line. Also do eat plenty.
I know you do. I'm sorry if I was just pointing out the obvious. I guess when someone says to me that I cause my own overweight status. I know we both don't. Our system is built a certain way especially genetically.
My partner used to be normal weight then underweight and now overweight. Depending on who he lives with. We are all different.
We overweight people will tell you to eat late and exercise infrequently, I guess.
Maybe you would advise the opposite to me, especially.
I understand.
But honestly I can overfed people who come to visit. I treat people /visitors with food. A nasty habit from the females in my childhood.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
.Our system is built a certain way especially genetically.
I understand.
But honestly I can overfed people who come to visit. I treat people /visitors with food. A nasty habit from the females in my childhood.
It's ok ickihun, am not offended at all. My husband is slightly overweight. But then he sat at a desk all day for years. It's shifting now he is more active.
As for allowing people to overfeed me - I don't. That is a sure way back to IBS. Even our Indian friends have given up insisting I eat more. Their food is so delicious it's hard to say no. One big plateful is enough.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's ok ickihun, am not offended at all. My husband is slightly overweight. But then he sat at a desk all day for years. It's shifting now he is more active.
As for allowing people to overfeed me - I don't. That is a sure way back to IBS. Even our Indian friends have given up insisting I eat more. Their food is so delicious it's hard to say no. One big plateful is enough.
I feel my IBS has improved but flares up on less occasions, in fact no cramps currently. However the looser stools could be from my reintroduced metformin. Metformin is still being tweeked, not finished perfecting it yet. I feel 3x500mg better than 2x1000mg...for me.
I am currently taking stock of where I am. I'm also keen to improve my weight status.... still.
We will get where we want to be. Nothing stays the same and in my experience persistence can be paid off.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Eating hugely less has now lost me 4½st. Only helped by a Roux-en-y operation due to huge, massive hunger from insulin needed to stop me going blind/black.
No loss this week though. Hoping next week gives a double loss.
My non-diabetic son has lost a stone in less than 4wks. We are celebrating with a gift each.

Reactions: Ryhia and Prem51

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried adjusting the scales to make sure that they are accurate... I've tried different positions on my tiled bathroom floor.. I've tried jumping up and down on them and shaking them …. All to no avail. Negligible if any weight loss this week! Think I will definitely have to ditch the cream. But I love it sooo much. :cat:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This week a slight gain. Am now 48.2kg that is 7st 8lb.

@ryhopian - can you cut down on the cream, rather than give it up entirely? I believe you don't have much more weight to lose, so you should possibly be thinking of maintainence. In which case a very small loss is just what you need.

Reactions: Prem51

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This week a slight gain. Am now 48.2kg that is 7st 8lb.

@ryhopian - can you cut down on the cream, rather than give it up entirely? I believe you don't have much more weight to lose, so you should possibly be thinking of maintainence. In which case a very small loss is just what you need.
I cannot drink tea without either milk or cream, if I drink it black I feel nauseous which I think is a reaction to the tannin. (To be honest also sensitive to caffeine even using decaf but don't know what else to drink, coffee has the same effect) I generally buy a tub of cream a week and to use it up will have some as dessert as well. May try just having milk for a week or two to see how this works.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've tried adjusting the scales to make sure that they are accurate... I've tried different positions on my tiled bathroom floor.. I've tried jumping up and down on them and shaking them …. All to no avail. Negligible if any weight loss this week! Think I will definitely have to ditch the cream. But I love it sooo much. :cat:
I had a new bathroom floor fitted. It worked. ;) OK with a bariatric op too. I must confess.