Keep getting told by people that I can get rid of Diabetes Type one

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Some of the more open minded amongst us might find this guy's reports interesting..

https://twitter.com/JcVauthier

I guess after 49 years my mind is pretty closed to these ludicrous reports BUT hey this guy could become VERY rich after he tells the world about his way to stop injecting for his "type 1" diabetes...........PFFFFFT!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't that simply about LADA's who may not need insulin for a couple of years after diagnosis because their antibodies are killing off their beta cells very slowly?

yes, we have had LADA members who have delayed the requirement for insulin for years, by adopting a very low carb/keto lifestyle. That doesn’t mean they stayed off insulin for the rest of their lives. I will try to remember the name of the members I am recalling.

Edited to add (now that the little grey cells have fired) the members were @LucySW and @Ian DP

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I think we are missing the OPs original thread post here
It is NEVER going to happen!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh I dunno, all I need is a whole new bionic body - should get rid of the coeliac disease, eczema and various other things whilst its at it :):):) (ok, yes I have watched too many sci-fi tv series and films)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This is why we need different names for the very different forms of diabetes. Autoimmune pancreatic failure is a completely different kettle of fish to metabolic syndrome/insulin resistance.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

It certainly isn't possible in this day and age. And it is dangerous for people to be telling type 1's (Recent;y diagnosed) that they can get off insulin. I'm not even sure how people can think it's possible.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
619FF486-2802-4616-B45B-B9D07B47554B.jpeg

M

Member496333

Interesting stuff @bulkbiker. There does seem to be a growing - albeit still tiny - body of evidence to suggest that some folk are able to at least halt the autoimmune attack on the pancreas if action is taken early enough. Perhaps call it indefinitely extending the honeymoon? Personally I have no opinion either way, but there does appear to be some evidence that it may not be impossible.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good for the GP if he can carry on throughout his life with no Insulin at all. what about sickness, infections, a serious illness ( god forbid) or if it was a women, periods, pregnancy, nursing a new baby, the menopause too
He states he avoided DKA by testing promptly, because being a GP , he would know of certain symptoms regarding type 1 diabetes. I would love not to take Insulin, but 30 years on, I think not.
But, he, the GP has not got rid of daibetes, as the OP's title is :

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
1 person in how many million type 1s worldwide has managed to stay in the honeymoon period for an extended period of time by eating nuts :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
c'mon......really?????

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is why we need different names for the very different forms of diabetes. Autoimmune pancreatic failure is a completely different kettle of fish to metabolic syndrome/insulin resistance.

I don't know... A "rebranding" would cost a serous amount of money which might be better invested in a possible prevention or cure..?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
And you can be a double D ( without surgery!) A Type 1 can have insulin resistance (type 2) if they overdo the carbs and need more and more insulin...And a type 2 can get insulin insufficiency too via the same method.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't see your point. Low C-peptide means you produce less insulin than what is considered the normal range. Which doesn't have to be much of a problem in the absence of insulin resistance and when eating low carb, as that means you need little insulin anyway.
Positive GAD only means your immune system kills beta cells, not at which speed they do so.
Even on a high carb diet LADA's sometimes go a long time before insulin is needed. LADA facebook groups are full of people who have been diagnosed for a long time and still don't need insulin on a low carb diet.

During the honeymoon period (Which from your screenshot seems logical as they speak of being ill with high sugars only last month) your pancreas can function pretty erratic, sometimes better, sometimes not so much. When having infections (as the guy in your screenshot mentions) bg can do ridiculous things which can get a lot better when the infection has cleared.

I don't see anything suggesting this is not simply a LADA in their honeymoon period.