Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
5.3 and level. There’s bound to be trouble lurking somewhere.

Reactions: Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.something before meeting, 8.something after, can't believe I'm going to say this but perhaps I should go to more management meetings :***:

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Well @slip I can join the let’s forget we have diabetes that we have to attend to club. I ignored the beeps to change my insulin pod. “I will do it later”! Woke up at 4 am to a screeching noise the pod makes 8 hours after expiration. I had forgot and went to bed. So just got done at 4 in the morning changing my pod and now wide awake.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Another day off for me, people at work are stirring some trouble and it is starting to show through. A person on my team, she makes everyone else do the work for her. So I told one of my managers that it didn't feel okay to have to do extra work when that person has been instructed to do it. Like Manager told her to check and clean the toilets then she went off and made someone else do it. Also I rearranged all the glasses from tall to short and when she does it, it's all muddled up. She had the audacity to tell me "it's fine, don't worry about it". More like "I can't be bothered to rearrange them".

But anyway, diabetes has been better after the monthly hormones, I was 4.6 this afternoon and I had the biggest bowl of fruit - Alpro vanilla yogurt, two extremely ripe bananas (they needed to be eaten), 6 beautiful strawberries, 6 green grapes and a whole golden kiwi. :) You can call me fruitilicious :D

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Another day off for me, people at work are stirring some trouble and it is starting to show through. A person on my team, she makes everyone else do the work for her. So I told one of my managers that it didn't feel okay to have to do extra work when that person has been instructed to do it. Like Manager told her to check and clean the toilets then she went off and made someone else do it. Also I rearranged all the glasses from tall to short and when she does it, it's all muddled up. She had the audacity to tell me "it's fine, don't worry about it". More like "I can't be bothered to rearrange them".

But anyway, diabetes has been better after the monthly hormones, I was 4.6 this afternoon and I had the biggest bowl of fruit - Alpro vanilla yogurt, two extremely ripe bananas (they needed to be eaten), 6 beautiful strawberries, 6 green grapes and a whole golden kiwi. :) You can call me fruitilicious :D

Hi Mai,

The simple solution with you colleague is to ignore her "task setting."

If this person is not in a position you report to? Like a "team leader," "supervisor," or any kind of managment role?
Let her "orders" just go over your head..
She'll soon get pulled up when there is a customer complaint or worst still, negative feedback from a "mystery customer" about the state of the bogs... ;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mai,

The simple solution with you colleague is to ignore her "task setting."

If this person is not in a position you report to? Like a "team leader," "supervisor," or any kind of managment role?
Let her "orders" just go over your head..
She'll soon get pulled up when there is a customer complaint or worst still, negative feedback from a "mystery customer" about the state of the bogs... ;)
Hello friend,
Indeed, unfortunately she called someone dumb for falling for her "requests". She is on my team which is front of house, so we're the same level. All 3 managers are aware of her behaviour because another work colleague got annoyed when she made her clean the toilets. So now we have a cleaning routine/toilet check routine and she didn't look too happy cleaning toilets yesterday night. :angelic: I think a cleaning routine is fair anyway, whoever is on shift should be checking and cleaning around the place.
Unfortunately I feel a bit out of place when she walks off to gossip about me and everyone else but as you said ignore it and do what I need to do.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friend,
Indeed, unfortunately she called someone dumb for falling for her "requests". She is on my team which is front of house, so we're the same level. All 3 managers are aware of her behaviour because another work colleague got annoyed when she made her clean the toilets. So now we have a cleaning routine/toilet check routine and she didn't look too happy cleaning toilets yesterday night. :angelic: I think a cleaning routine is fair anyway, whoever is on shift should be checking and cleaning around the place.
Unfortunately I feel a bit out of place when she walks off to gossip about me and everyone else but as you said ignore it and do what I need to do.

Wow! You got a rota.. That makes it even better..

Is there any way you can "amend" the rota, so your colleague's name is on every cycle...? ;):hilarious:

Reactions: urbanracer

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Imagine that, :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Yep, take one of these & put it on the world... ;) Looks great! :D

image.jpeg

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh my....

Collected new version of prescription to discover one lot of insulin has been switched to cartridges, one lot is still on disposable pens. Then the pharmacy tried to tell me they don't keep the test strips for the new meter in as a regular item. I smiled sweetly and pointed out I will be getting my regular amount every month from now on so it's probably worth keeping some in, plus it's one of the two my clinic is currently handing out. Even better, it's from the same stable as the Tee2 which is the GP issue one for this area now, so I know there's no difficulty getting the necessary items (as I still get some pots of strips from Spirit Healthcare occasionally as I do test quite a lot on my long walk days)! The poor pharmacy assistant did promise to see what she could do about it. I did assure her I was used to there never being ketone strips so I always had a second trip to collect those but I was not going to use the electronic system because it had never been a good experience when I did use it.

Still, I do have a GP appointment week after next which I was going to cancel as the thing I booked it for is OK now, but I'll treat him to a "Shall we sort this mess of a repeat prescription out and count it as my annual review?" instead of the thing I was going to get checked out.

To be fair, when I re-read the clinic letter it's not totally clear that both lots of insulin need changing from disposable pens to cartridges but I may be expecting too much of the administration skills of my GP's surgery staff and the nurses in the clinics.

In the meantime, I'm most pleased to report well-behaved blood sugars and the current basal timings seem to be much more effective. Hooray!!

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Japes - As a member of my Surgery PPG, I was sent the e-bulletin from the National Association for Patient Participation
(Issue Number 144 October 2019). Within it is the following point:

".... 5. Electronic prescriptions
In future, all prescriptions will be issued electronically,with thenationalrolloutof theexisiting
service stating inDecember2019.Theelectronic prescription service(EPS)has beentested
with 60 GP practices and hundreds of pharmacies and already accounts for almost 70% of all
prescriptions.Itis believedthatithelpsGPsand pharmacists prescribeand dispense
medicines faster and more securely and makes it easier for patients to pick up repeat
prescriptions For more information , download the EPSpatientinformationleaflet or watch
WhatisEPS.YoumaybeabletoorderorcancelprescriptionsifyourpracticeoffersaGP
online service GPonlineservice . If you find that items which you no longer require are being
dispensed, phone or speak to the pharmacist and check with your GP....."

Apologies, the embedded links haven't copied over.

Most of these processes have exceptions, so if you are determined to stay paper based, you might want to consider adding that to your forthcoming appointment agenda.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes - As a member of my Surgery PPG, I was sent the e-bulletin from the National Association for Patient Participation
(Issue Number 144 October 2019). Within it is the following point:

".... 5. Electronic prescriptions
In future, all prescriptions will be issued electronically,with thenationalrolloutof theexisiting
service stating inDecember2019.Theelectronic prescription service(EPS)has beentested
with 60 GP practices and hundreds of pharmacies and already accounts for almost 70% of all
prescriptions.Itis believedthatithelpsGPsand pharmacists prescribeand dispense
medicines faster and more securely and makes it easier for patients to pick up repeat
prescriptions For more information , download the EPSpatientinformationleaflet or watch
WhatisEPS.YoumaybeabletoorderorcancelprescriptionsifyourpracticeoffersaGP
online service GPonlineservice . If you find that items which you no longer require are being
dispensed, phone or speak to the pharmacist and check with your GP....."

Apologies, the embedded links haven't copied over.

Most of these processes have exceptions, so if you are determined to stay paper-based, you might want to consider adding that to your forthcoming appointment agenda.

I'm certainly determined to stay paper-based as long as I can. I was aware of this national roll-out but during the course of the two years I did use the electronic repeat prescription, the catalogue of errors was so large and the amount of time wasted going to and from between surgery/pharmacy who both blamed each other was so ridiculous (including the infamous occasion it landed at the wrong pharmacy...) that when Current Utterly Splendid GP came along, I asked to be returned to paper-based as I can drop it off and collect on my way from work, then go shopping whilst the prescription is sorted whilst I'm on hand to make sure it's correct. It only happened correctly once in the two years on the electronic system. It's mostly been OK since I returned to paper-based.

But, I'm aware I may have to change soon.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone where has the week gone cant believe its friday again already have a good day all

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Foot check at GPs today. Hopefully I can get my flu jab done as well.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
BluesBrothers day - probably without the sun glasses guessing by weather reports!
And no driving cross country because of the drops.
Singing still allowed.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Oh my....

Collected new version of prescription to discover one lot of insulin has been switched to cartridges, one lot is still on disposable pens. Then the pharmacy tried to tell me they don't keep the test strips for the new meter in as a regular item. I smiled sweetly and pointed out I will be getting my regular amount every month from now on so it's probably worth keeping some in, plus it's one of the two my clinic is currently handing out. Even better, it's from the same stable as the Tee2 which is the GP issue one for this area now, so I know there's no difficulty getting the necessary items (as I still get some pots of strips from Spirit Healthcare occasionally as I do test quite a lot on my long walk days)! The poor pharmacy assistant did promise to see what she could do about it. I did assure her I was used to there never being ketone strips so I always had a second trip to collect those but I was not going to use the electronic system because it had never been a good experience when I did use it.

Still, I do have a GP appointment week after next which I was going to cancel as the thing I booked it for is OK now, but I'll treat him to a "Shall we sort this mess of a repeat prescription out and count it as my annual review?" instead of the thing I was going to get checked out.

To be fair, when I re-read the clinic letter it's not totally clear that both lots of insulin need changing from disposable pens to cartridges but I may be expecting too much of the administration skills of my GP's surgery staff and the nurses in the clinics.

In the meantime, I'm most pleased to report well-behaved blood sugars and the current basal timings seem to be much more effective. Hooray!!
@Japes good to hear BG is doing well. I've had problems with changes in prescriptions and in every case it hasn't been the doctor's doing.
I love the NHS and am so grateful for the treatment I get so when I've had a problem like this, I take it to the doctors' surgery. I talk to the receptionist about it and also give her a letter which states the problem again. Lots of people need to see GPs and I wouldn't waste their time with an admin problem.