Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@slip Oh gosh my Great Aunt used to have 2 huge walnut trees. If we visited her at certain times we would get put to work either trying to shake the tree and branches and then picking up walnuts and putting them in drying trays or what I hated was shelling 8 million walnuts and putting them in bags for storing or giving away.

Reactions: Antje77

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip Oh gosh my Great Aunt used to have 2 huge walnut trees. If we visited her at certain times we would get put to work either trying to shake the tree and branches and then picking up walnuts and putting them in drying trays or what I hated was shelling 8 million walnuts and putting them in bags for storing or giving away.

Tell me about picking up walnuts! although this year we didn't get much of a crop - the squirrels are fat though - the trees seem to go through a 3 year cycle, year 1 hardly any, year 2 a few more than year 1, year 3.....you can't walk under them without crunching on every step or getting hit on the head! Last Christmas I got one of these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/GARDENA-co...AZC4VH4G601&psc=1&refRID=B6EE82E51AZC4VH4G601

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
That looks great @slip, do you like it and is it easier? We have a mountain apple tree and it literally had thousands of apples last year. I don't particularly like them but the birds loved it. But a carpet everyday of fruit under the tree. We just moved here and the tree was here, we will keep it for the birds, but a lot of dislodged fruit.

I love apples and I like pears, but this is a cross between the two and kind of tasteless. That might be because it was neglected and it's old. We've trimmed it and will fertilize it.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Work has landed me with trying to be the diplomat between two sides on a project that is not even mine. How did this happen? None of the people involved work for me, I might be about to cause a company disaster.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Neighbour boys were happy with their winegums and I've got enough left for about any hypo. The bug or whatever it is is making me feel more wet dish cloth like by the hour but mood is definitely improving by trying to kill the bugs with cheap whisky.
The only downside is that it really isn't drinkable without a big splash of water. Perhaps I need to invest in something a bit above cheapest German Aldi whisky quality next time.
One of the small dogs is very happy with the effect of the whisky. She has been insisting that licking my eyes is the best treatment and I finally gave in. Not sure about the wisdom in that but it feels very nice to my sore eyes, and letting her do her thing is a lot easier than shooing her off.

Dinner will be comfort food. Either a pan fried 'tostie' (2 slices of bread filled with lots of cheese and chorizo, fried in butter, eaten with a mayonnaise based sauce), or the same with the bread substituted by 2 beaten eggs. The first accomodates my needs, feeling under the weather and wanting comfort and my mum, the second tastes good as well and frees me from heavy diabetes duties.
I'll see what happens when I'm in the kitchen.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 Wet tea bags on the eyes usually is soothing.
Thanks! Sounds wonderful so I'll make a pot of tea with 2 teabags before bed in a thermos to keep warm until use and use them before sleeping!

Haven't been on much in the last week because best friend with the baby was hospitalized on a antibiotics drip for 5 days with high fever. Thankfully she got home yesterday on tablets, although not completely out of the woods yet. I won't visit her in the next couple of days as I don't know the cause of my painful itchy eyes and fever and not about to give it to baby Famke.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning guys, awoke on a virtual straight line throughout the night, @ 6.1 a great start to the day, as last week I had a rotten cough ( I still have a little tickle there) and Laryngitis too.
Sending get well (((( hugs)))))) to any poorly members :) Take care

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Especially this time of year, it's a bit chilly.

I just remembered on Sunday, down at Portsmouth/Southsea an elderly man drying himself off with a towel because he had been in the sea on a glorious sunny, but chilly day, brave, brave guy and looked fighting fit too.

Reactions: Antje77

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Managed to drop to 1.9 last night :wideyed: Either caused by alcohol or contaminated blood test before bed and a correction. All fine though and on a 7.6 this morning (thankfully I don't suffer from hypo hangovers - and I didn't have that much beer for a normal hangover anyway).

Bright and sunny here but bitingly cold wind.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
6Good morning all
Set change yesterday tea time, bloods are now mis-behaving grrrr! See how it goes today, could be another set change soon

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Pfffft BG stuck on 13. Finger prick also confirms.
5u IOB.....be prepared for the crash anytime soon!

Last edited: