Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all.
Loopercat a massive well done to you
Mei no manager should ever slap an employee, no matter what you was doing!!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@MeiChanski - that’s assault, pure and simple.

Not much to report here, very long day yesterday with driving to Birmingham and back for the student paramedic conference! Very worthwhile though, and met some interesting people. Bloods not bad, despite treating myself to a chocolate tiffin and some raspberry sorbet - spiked to 9.2 but was back to normal in two hours. I’d taken my own lunch as they said they couldn’t cater for my needs - the buffet smelled lovely but was all rice, potatoes and chicken.

Having a quiet one today, as I may be doing a day supply teaching tomorrow. Need to bring a little cash in and it’s relatively easy money. Have a good one, friends x

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@LooperCat - you weren't all practising your ambulance driving, were you? There were an exceptionally large number of ambulances go past the cafe where I was having my morning coffee yesterday morning - even allowing for the fact it's on one of the main roads to one M5 Junction, just off it is a sneaky back route to the next junction up, close to other easy routes for getting across the South West of Birmingham fast-ish, so there is always at least one emergency vehicle at some point during my coffee stop there, to see five ambulances in quick succession all going in different directions was unusual.

No near hypo on the organ stool just before 11.00 a.m. this year! (As happened last year.) Much lower attendance than usual both in church and at the War Memorial - maybe the sun has lured people away. I'm off for the walk I wanted to do yesterday now, as I have amended this year's Remembrance Service ready for next year and finally got rid of three minor typo kind of errors which have been there since 2016! Oops...

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@LooperCat - you weren't all practising your ambulance driving, were you? There were an exceptionally large number of ambulances go past the cafe where I was having my morning coffee yesterday morning - even allowing for the fact it's on one of the main roads to one M5 Junction, just off it is a sneaky back route to the next junction up, close to other easy routes for getting across the South West of Birmingham fast-ish, so there is always at least one emergency vehicle at some point during my coffee stop there, to see five ambulances in quick succession all going in different directions was unusual.

No near hypo on the organ stool just before 11.00 a.m. this year! (As happened last year.) Much lower attendance than usual both in church and at the War Memorial - maybe the sun has lured people away. I'm off for the walk I wanted to do yesterday now, as I have amended this year's Remembrance Service ready for next year and finally got rid of three minor typo kind of errors which have been there since 2016! Oops...

Not me, guv. We don’t get to drive until after we’ve qualified and done a month’s intensive driving course.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Japes

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
My Fiasp has come to the end of its life. It's over 4 weeks old, how did that happen? It's like injecting water. Being smarter today than yesterday. More QA on its way tomorrow. Hope everyone is staying dry and warm today.

Reactions: Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning all, a weekend of raking leaves.......BGs as a result were good. Well when I say a 'weekend of' - Saturday afternoon was a wash out, (un)fortunately the daughter didn't have football in the morning so did some raking then and then continued on Sunday - we have 2 very large walnut trees, walnut tree leaves are BIG.........and heavy when wet.

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Happy monday RRB - here's to another week on the hamster wheel of life !

I love that, the hamster wheel of life lol
I am in charge of 3 'hamsters' and I think they were still on that wheel this morning ......... well, it is Monday:rolleyes::p
Have a good one

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@Robinredbreast As long as the wheels don't come off :hilarious:

Thanks have a good week too :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just read in another thread that @Cumberland is thinking of leaving the forum i think this would be a great loss for many as i know he welcomed and helped me a lot when i started my diabetes journey its such a shame that some people can be so negative towards others to make them feel so upset they feel the need to leave .we all have other things going on outside of diabetes and i think this forum offers some respite from that as a majority of people are helpful and supportive .so i hope our cumbs reconsiders his decision an continues to be part of this forum xx

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Itchy, gritty, painful red eyes, slight fever and generally feeling like a wet dish cloth (yup, that's what Dutchies feel like when being under the weather :) )
And tonight my neighbour boys will come singing at my door and expecting candy as it's Sint Maarten, something like halloween but on the 11th of november and without the spooky bits.
I forgot to buy candy so now I'm trying to work out how much of my hypo stash I can safely give away, especially keeping in mind my diabetes is acting quite unpredictable with the fever :banghead:
I guess I'd better make the drive to the supermarket instead of crawling in bed with a book.

edit: Supermarket drive it is. It just occurred to me that I'd rather not give them my eye infection along with the candy in case it's one of those things that are easily transmitted.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Itchy, gritty, painful red eyes, slight fever and generally feeling like a wet dish cloth (yup, that's what Dutchies feel like when being under the weather :) )
And tonight my neighbour boys will come singing at my door and expecting candy as it's Sint Maarten, something like halloween but on the 11th of november and without the spooky bits.
I forgot to buy candy so now I'm trying to work out how much of my hypo stash I can safely give away, especially keeping in mind my diabetes is acting quite unpredictable with the fever :banghead:
I guess I'd better make the drive to the supermarket instead of crawling in bed with a book.

edit: Supermarket drive it is. It just occurred to me that I'd rather not give them my eye infection along with the candy in case it's one of those things that are easily transmitted.
Sending hugs @Antje77 xx

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Another manic Monday. I should learn to be calm on Mondays. Still recovering from some silly insulin decisions on the weekend. Have a great day everyone. Especially @Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ha, I found a still closed bag of winegums in the car, so the boys will get winegums and I will get to stay on the couch with a blanket, a couple of dogs and cats, a big pot of tea and possibly a glass of whisky later on to kill the germs :)