Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
There's a new group starting up in my neck of the woods in Worcestershire called Type 1 Meter Mates, the first group meeting is on 23rd January at Waitrose's community meeting room on the London Road at 7pm, hopefully if any Worcs type 1's see this and fancy going then I'll see you there :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Sounds great! Love that name... :)

"Technically," I'm from Worcester. Born there... My dad was from "porcelane city." (CB radio code.)

Just checked out the venue website. Lol, if I'm going to go low it's always on the premises of a supermarket.. :banghead:

Lovely to see a date, a time & a venue.. :cool:

Reactions: Struma and Juicyj

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There's a new group starting up in my neck of the woods in Worcestershire called Type 1 Meter Mates, the first group meeting is on 23rd January at Waitrose's community meeting room on the London Road at 7pm, hopefully if any Worcs type 1's see this and fancy going then I'll see you there :)
That's great! Did Waitrose let you have the room for free btw? I have a type 1 group in Epsom but we operate out of the local Wetherspoons 'Community Room'!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great! Did Waitrose let you have the room for free btw? I have a type 1 group in Epsom but we operate out of the local Wetherspoons 'Community Room'!

Blimey! Another link. I spent 3 years in Epsom @ Laine theatre arts.. I lived on the Hook road.. (For a while.)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi,

Sounds great! Love that name... :)

"Technically," I'm from Worcester. Born there... My dad was from "porcelane city." (CB radio code.)

Just checked out the venue website. Lol, if I'm going to go low it's always on the premises of a supermarket.. :banghead:

Lovely to see a date, a time & a venue.. :cool:

Technically you should come along then if your local, wink wink nudge nudge !!!

I also find supermarkets an excellent trigger for hypos, think it's all that brain drain of working out what to cook/buy..

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi @NicoleC1971 Their community room is free for events associated with a charity, and as this meeting group is linked to Diabetes UK they've given the space for free.

How's your group going now and do you have many who come along ?

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Technically you should come along then if your local, wink wink nudge nudge !!!

I also find supermarkets an excellent trigger for hypos, think it's all that brain drain of working out what to cook/buy..

Yep, if I'm not having to fix one before my wife & I go.. I find myself working out the carb content in a 12" Stormtrooper figurine's helmet. In store...

Lol, we both dislike shopping too...

Strangely, I'm up your way this Saturday.. (Administering rock & roll to the needy.) ;) lol, insanely off the topic I know. Let's bump yer thread..! :)

Edit; as this is for charity... Is there at least a bucket I can throw a few bob in?

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
There's quite a demand for rock and roll in this vicinity !!!

I think as its a new group bums on seats would be more welcome than cash in a bucket ;)

Check your diary, we could do with musicians :headphone:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's quite a demand for rock and roll in this vicinity !!!

I think as its a new group bums on seats would be more welcome than cash in a bucket ;)

Check your diary, we could do with musicians :headphone:

You neve know they may even need a fork lift driver in the warehouse? ;)

It's in my dairy.. Which seems to be filling gig wise for 2020.

Lol, there must be some brilliant bands residing in your neck of the woods.. Unfortunatly, the guitarist in our outfit is also from Worcester. + Brazilian drummer & a Dutch bassist. Quite a mix. Bizzarly, when the guitarist first got married. They lived on the road I was born & raised till the age of about 5.. (Then moved to "Roman city" CB, Aqve Sulis in old vernacular.) Twighlight zone linkage going on... o_O:nailbiting:;)

We have to meet up at some point. The world is too small.. Just a "rock" spinning in a chaotic explosion.... :D (To summerise my thought processes on most of the hypos I've had.)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just giving this one a bump as the group starts in 10 days - whoop whoop !!

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just giving this one a bump as the group starts in 10 days - whoop whoop !!

Just been thinking about this event.. Glad you posted @Juicyj .

My plan is to show up. My three year restricted licence runs out at the end of the month & due to the eye jabs on both eyes in the last 3 years & a little "bell ringing" box ticking on a certain DIAB1 form. (Through my eyes meet the DVLA standard. & technically discharged)
I got a bad feeling this might just be my last "hurrah" behind the wheel..?

Does it have to be Worcestershire or can other West Midlands peeps go too?

Hey! I'm from the West Country. Though I was born in Worcester.
Yer a T1 ain't yah.. :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Does it have to be Worcestershire or can other West Midlands peeps go too?

It’s open to anyone who can get there so if you can make please come along, we have one guy travelling from B’ham to be there :)

Reactions: MeiChanski

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just been thinking about this event.. Glad you posted @Juicyj .

My plan is to show up. My three year restricted licence runs out at the end of the month & due to the eye jabs on both eyes in the last 3 years & a little "bell ringing" box ticking on a certain DIAB1 form. (Through my eyes meet the DVLA standard. & technically discharged)
I got a bad feeling this might just be my last "hurrah" behind the wheel..?

Hey! I'm from the West Country. Though I was born in Worcester.
Yer a T1 ain't yah.. :)

That would be amazing, hopefully not your last hurrah though Jay, hope you have a box full or hurrahs left ;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s open to anyone who can get there so if you can make please come along, we have one guy travelling from B’ham to be there :)

Oh nice, I asked my bf if he can drop me off or something. Since it is at 19:00, are we having dinner together?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Oh nice, I asked my bf if he can drop me off or something. Since it is at 19:00, are we having dinner together?

There isn't food on offer so you're more than welcome to buy something in the store and bring it in with you, store is open till 9pm, https://www.waitrose.com/bf_home/bf/700.html I will make sure there's plenty of glucose available though ;)

At the current count I think there's about 6-7 going, the first get together is just a welcome and to shape the group around what people want.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There isn't food on offer so you're more than welcome to buy something in the store and bring it in with you, store is open till 9pm, https://www.waitrose.com/bf_home/bf/700.html I will make sure there's plenty of glucose available though ;)

At the current count I think there's about 6-7 going, the first get together is just a welcome and to shape the group around what people want.

Thank you, I am more than interested to go, :) I love Waitrose, so fantastic pick.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That would be amazing, hopefully not your last hurrah though Jay, hope you have a box full or hurrahs left ;)

Do you need a sound sytem for this shindig?
I have a NEO 12a x2 & 15 sub PA in the back of the van, with Bluetooth connection. ;)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Do you need a sound sytem for this shindig?
I have a NEO 12a x2 & 15 sub PA in the back of the van, with Bluetooth connection. ;)
Waitrose may not approve...