Interesting read

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The usual beat-up full of ad hominem and misrepresentation. Not to mention badly researched - Shawn Baker's medical licence has been restored, for example. Another day, another retread "rebuttal".

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Even more interesting the article had an advert banner from Farmisons the online butcher... oh the irony!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Love it :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Watch out you carnivores, you are all going to get scurvy :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Redshank

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting that the article questions the qualifications of some people, but we do not even know who the author is, let alone their qualifications.
@bulkbiker I think that the advert on your computer is likely linked to your browsing history rather than being the same for everyone. I think that is the way online advertising usually works (but I am not claiming to be an expert on this:))

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that the advert on your computer is likely linked to your browsing history rather than being the same for everyone. I think that is the way online advertising usually works (but I am not claiming to be an expert on this
I know but the irony was quite funny I thought..

Reactions: Redshank
M

Member496333

“Here’s what you should know about the latest carnivore trend.”

It’s becoming more widespread and is impacting the human pet food industry? Got it.

M

Member496333

Love it :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Watch out you carnivores, you are all going to get scurvy :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

That sounds an awful lot like you’re standing in judgement of other people’s diets? Can I get an irony sandwich over here with a double helping of hypocrisy sauce?

Last edited by a moderator:

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think the article might have mentioned that carnivore was adopted by the Petersons because they seem to have a proclivity for autoimmune diseases and have found for a long time that this diet relieves their symptoms.

We don't yet know what the long term efficacy or safety of the diet is and it is valid to point out that the Innuits eat collagen to overcome the lack of vitamin C; if I were carnivore it would be hard for me to eat 'nose to tail' but that is probably what's needed. It is also hypothesised that we need less anti oxidants in the context of this very clean diet.

It is invalid and slack to say that animal foods cause 'bad cholesterol' given that dairy is the only type of food where the balance of sat fat to the other types is greater. Even if you think high LDL matters which a lot of us don't!

Reactions: Member496333
M

Member496333

I think the article might have mentioned that carnivore was adopted by the Petersons because they seem to have a proclivity for autoimmune diseases and have found for a long time that this diet relieves their symptoms.

We don't yet know what the long term efficacy or safety of the diet is and it is valid to point out that the Innuits eat collagen to overcome the lack of vitamin C; if I were carnivore it would be hard for me to eat 'nose to tail' but that is probably what's needed. It is also hypothesised that we need less anti oxidants in the context of this very clean diet.

It is invalid and slack to say that animal foods cause 'bad cholesterol' given that dairy is the only type of food where the balance of sat fat to the other types is greater. Even if you think high LDL matters which a lot of us don't!

In my opinion, nose-to-tail is crucial. Or as much as possible. Plus eggs and seafood. It’s not accurate to paint a picture of all carnivores eating only muscle meat. Granted this is mostly what Shawn Baker eats, but Shawn Baker is not a diet.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
That sounds an awful lot like you’re standing in judgement of other people’s diets? Can I get an irony sandwich over here with a double helping of hypocrisy sauce?
I have never judged other people by their diet choices. I read the article and found it amusing, highly amusing

Edited to say.....in my opinion :angelic::angelic:

M

Member496333

Gram for gram, liver contains ~4x more vitamin C than an apple. Scurvy my **** :nurse:

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 16.06.03.png

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
We don't yet know what the long term efficacy or safety of the diet is
If you mean meat eating I think the 2 million years or so that the human race has had meat as a major component of their diet may be sufficient time to determine whether the consumption of meat is safe in the long term or not.

If on the other hand you are referring to a diet totally consisting of meat then only time will tell and in that you are probably correct.

Reactions: Member496333
M

Member496333

If you mean meat eating I think the 2 million years or so that the human race has had meat as a major component of their diet may be sufficient time to determine whether the consumption of meat is safe in the long term or not.

If on the other hand you are referring to a diet totally consisting of meat then only time will tell and in that you are probably correct.

Agreed. My personal belief is that a muscle-only diet is probably not ideal long term, but it remains to be seen.

We have to remember that RDA is based on the requirements of someone eating SAD. No one really knows what happens to these requirements when someone is consuming a fundamentally different diet. Same goes for the microbiome that everyone likes to talk about but no one knows anything about.

M

Member496333

Even more interesting the article had an advert banner from Farmisons the online butcher... oh the irony!

In fairness the advert served to you was probably based on your personal browsing habits. Don't worry, your secrets are safe with us :shifty: