Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski I can't answer the question of :angelic: increase of basal rates over cold winter months!!! :)

I apologize up front but I couldn't resist!:(

sportyboston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I finished my xmas shopping on the weekend. I live in a small country town in rural Queensland so most of my shopping is online. Now the fun part, waiting for the parcels to arrive.(even if they are not for me!)

Reactions: Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, been a busy weekend - well actually thinking about it it wasn't that busy just hectic - saturday night daughter had 6 other friends for a sleep over (early birthday thing) with a visit to the cinema to see Frozen II - why did I get the car load that was the noisiest? had renditions of most of the songs from the original, at least most of them could sing I suppose. BGs were as expected :rolleyes:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@MeiChanski xmas pressie a new pancreas??

Good morning. Felling like utter dog poop!!! The lurghy has hit. high 18s most of yesterday and according to Libre and Xdrip 25 during the night. Fiasp is not Fiasp it IS water

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Another twelve hours sleep and I’m wondering how long it’ll take to get used to working shifts! Got a cold sore which is my usual indicator of being run down, so that’s nice. Not. Three dayshifts this week, starting at 6am tomorrow. I do prefer three 12hr shifts with lots of days off to five 8hr days a week and a short weekend! Currently still enjoying a four day weekend...

On the diabetes front, I’m needing much, much less insulin. In a week where I’d usually use a 150% override, I’m only needing 80-90%. I’m assuming it’s because I’m busier out on the road than when I’m slouching around uni? ‍♀️

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@LooperCat I know what you mean regarding not knowing what day of the week it is! Shift work does that to you.

Been running a bit higher recently too but resisting the temptation to up my basal. Think it’s actually stress that’s doing it, need work to calm down but can’t see that happening before Christmas.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Just had lemon meringue pie for the first time in years! Yum.
Husband is in Milan so child and I treated ourselves.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can someone turn off diabetes for today?
My closet must be almost empty now with all the different blouses I tried today. I've done the conservative blouse (for getting out of bed to not go low because I had a very short night and an active morning, so no clue what foot on the floor would think of that), a couple of corrective blouses (didn't work, I still look fat and bg stayed highish), 2 bold blouses before meals (in hopes to go lowish so I could eat the grapefruit I craved. Didn't work, as wouldn't drop below 7), a wild blouse (when thinking I'd better eat first as finally on the low side and then finding out I forgot the blouse after dinner) and a mystery blouse (when the dog jumped on my pen while injecting, so no clue how much got in me and how much on the dog).
All those blouses and I still have more than half of my cleaned grapefruit left, as I didn't dare to throw that in the mix as well unless going below 5. I cleaned it 12 hours ago. Isn't diabetes stupid!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
No problem, I’ll go find a few functioning pancreases
I got my dates wrong and I’m seeing my consultant tomorrow. Oopsie, manager was okay with it though. I think I have gained weight but my clothes still fit fine. But work clothes were always tight so I’ll find out tomorrow. Unfortunately I’m still running between 9-10 in the morning but I’m okay for the rest of the day.

Reactions: Antje77

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just checking in. Morning all, bit of an oddity last night, just before tea/supper/dinner i was 4.3 so decided to jab after I'd eaten as I suspected the food would have delayed carb uptake, and as usual I forgot to do it straight after, so after about an hour or so after eating I did it then took the dog for a walk, back from walk and bam! drop like a stone, last of the birthday cake to the rescue - lots of icing sugar and soon back up to normal and beyond! thankfully a correction meant a nice 6.4 this morning, 6.7 ~2hrs after that and 5.1 now. Hope everyone is having a steady morning too.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all
Still suffering here atm :) Just spoke to my DSN who told me to do corrections with my pen. Set change yesterday afternoon....180ml reservoir at around noon, just checked and have 65u left. Rage blousing brought my BGs to a waking of 9 BUT am on 15 and rising now. Thank you T1D and bleeding colds!!!!!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Appointment went well, I saw a different member of the team and he is a gentle human. He said he’ll write me a letter for work to urge them to let me treat my hypos without the need to move else where to do it and treat it accordingly. Unfortunately when I hypo and treat it, I tumble back down to where I started. The restaurant want a good reputation and apparently having my phone = a bad review from area manager and guests that come in to eat. Consultant said he’ll extend the libre prescription for another two months until pump and CGM are in place. Hba1c hasn’t changed much from 46 to 44.

Reactions: Juicyj