Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Diabetes is okay, slightly high this morning at 14.0 but came back down nicely for lunch. I was in DAFNE class today and all in all I had a good day. My bf found a good black friday deal on phones so ya girl instantly bought a new phone. I can say good bye to my brick Christmas shopping on the dot at midnight tonight.

Reactions: porl69 and Juicyj

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My nurse told me today that my pump and CGM are in the office. Hehe, but ya girl has to wait until January 2020 for training. She’ll contact me soon to get CGM fitted. I told her it is slightly awkward that my consultant has extended my libre prescription for another two months. So she is happy to let me donate my libre sensors to other fellow DAFNE friends. I’m sure they’ll be extremely happy with it. She also told me that medtronic 670G was only offered to me due to CGM funding. Otherwise I would be offered another pump because she said it was pointless if I couldn’t use all the features.

Reactions: Juicyj

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon all
Not been able to log on untill around 10 mins ago.
Bloods being an a*** again today, started off well then cancelled my temp sick basal and am now in the high 15s again DOH!

Hi @porl69 you are having a rough time of it recently. Hope you are OK and getting back to normal

Reactions: Diakat

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Finding two obnoxious Christmas jumpers for work is proving difficult. I don’t own a christmas jumper but I’m looking for the funny obnoxious type. Tonight I got pizza insulin to carb ratio correct and I’m rather happy sitting at 5.6. Anyone blasting their wallets on Black Friday sales?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1573807922853.jpg

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just popped in to say "Hi, happy Friday", fairly busy at work at the mo so unlikely to be posting much. BGs are just about steady at a reasonable level.

Reactions: Diakat

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good(?) morning

@smc4761 normal is a long way away at the moment but thank you for your concern :)
Just about to give my chest consultant a call to see when I can get into see him. Chest is tight again and breathing in the night is hard work. T1D can go do one, really had enough of your bull this week.......

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, been a bit too busy for farting around on the Internet this week, not much to report. BGs good, shift work manageable but tiring. Back to bed now...

Reactions: Marie 2 and Diakat

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wasn't expecting to get any 'Winner' ratings for what I posted I can only think they're for my comment about not posting much.........thanks guys! :arghh::D

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Christmas shopping done! Ok not totally still have to get the list of stuff my husband wants (apparently he knows just not told me). And then the food closer to the time....

Reactions: Marie 2 and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I wasn't expecting to get any 'Winner' ratings for what I posted I can only think they're for my comment about not posting much.........thanks guys! :arghh::D

From me it was the "steady reasonable level bloods" :)

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well as from 11th of december i shall be pumping nurse said after xmas but got a letter today to say 11th excited but nervous :happy:

Reactions: Clivethedrive

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

A bit high again this morning - 12.6. Christmas shopping is almost complete, one more item for bf’s mum and I’m done. Black friday sales got the best of my bf and I, we got a lot of boxes to recycle and we spent far too much that we anticipated but we were ready. We both got matching computer cases and coolers with RGB ;) so that’s our Christmas gifts to each other. Back to saving now :)

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
well as from 11th of december i shall be pumping nurse said after xmas but got a letter today to say 11th excited but nervous :happy:

You will love it Karen. The nerves will quickly go when you see how easy it is.......if I can get to grips with it, then anyone can

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning from Tenerife! -3 when we left UK yesterday, 30 when we landed Blood glucose took a dive will have to drastically cut back the insulin today. Probably not helped by the Prosecco and wine. Happy though!

Reactions: Juicyj and Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone had a night of extended low.woke to a 2.3 checked with fingerprick i had been hypo from 3am and didnt wake up till 6.45 treated with jelly babies and digestive and now 5.6 so alls well,have a great weekend everyone

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Winter basal rates employed as of last night after it dawned on me this might help... and it did.

Having a rare sociable Saturday later but right now I am also enjoying some old photos of my granddad and his brothers. My grandad died in the 70s in his 50s but the last brother died in his late 90s this week. Time to dig out the family tree to start properly updating as it's been about 15 years since I last did any.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Mother in law visiting and child performing at a dance thing today. It can go two ways - I’m too busy to be on here or I’m seeking refuge on here.
6.7 this morning.

Reactions: porl69