Hba1c

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

My hba1c was 62 in August and its come back at 59.

I know, it's a improvement but I have been testing my blood sugars and it doesn't add up.
59 means I would have been hoovering around 9.5 I dont know anymore I guess I'll see what its like in February.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
It's on its way down which is good , keep up the good work .

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's on its way down which is good , keep up the good work .

I feel better and I am losing weight and I'm now able to sleep better, my fasting bgl is better than ever now. I shall have to continue and see what it is in February

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello,

My hba1c was 62 in August and its come back at 59.

I know, it's a improvement but I have been testing my blood sugars and it doesn't add up.
59 means I would have been hoovering around 9.5 I dont know anymore I guess I'll see what its like in February.

I think you are perhaps confusing your units. I agree that 59 is around 9.5mmol/mol (milli moles per mole ) as an A1c measurement, but don't confuse this with finger pricks which are measured in mmol/l (milli moles per litre).

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I feel better and I am losing weight and I'm now able to sleep better, my fasting bgl is better than ever now. I shall have to continue and see what it is in February
That's great to hear , its amazing how we feel better once our sugar and weight drop , my A1c was 106 last November, I did 11 weeks keto and it dropped to 59 , then I continued with keto until a few months back but the high fat was making me feel nauseous all the time I am now having 80~130 carbs a day and walking a lot and I've lost in total over 3 stone, and my A1c has dropped to 46, I am very happy with the numbers, a lot of people on here have very low numbers in a short time , but we are all different and if we are slower at getting lower numbers then that is good enough too .

I too am getting morning readings of .5.4 now but while doing keto i always woke to 6.7 .
Keep going you're doing well :)

Reactions: jackthejoker

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's great to hear , its amazing how we feel better once our sugar and weight drop , my A1c was 106 last November, I did 11 weeks keto and it dropped to 59 , then I continued with keto until a few months back but the high fat was making me feel nauseous all the time I am now having 80~130 carbs a day and walking a lot and I've lost in total over 3 stone, and my A1c has dropped to 46, I am very happy with the numbers, a lot of people on here have very low numbers in a short time , but we are all different and if we are slower at getting lower numbers then that is good enough too .

I too am getting morning readings of .5.4 now but while doing keto i always woke to 6.7 .
Keep going you're doing well :)

Thank You. You're doing well too! Keep it up :)

Reactions: Cent5019

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well - blood glucose levels reflect the carbs in the diet to a great extent - what do you eat, as a rule?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well - blood glucose levels reflect the carbs in the diet to a great extent - what do you eat, as a rule?
I eat eggs in the morning and anything low carb in the evening. I read the labelsnow and I weigh out the food on the scaletoo.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd be rather surprised at high levels of glucose if you are eating only one meal a day with any carbs, and sticking to low carb for that. Do you see spikes after eating?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd be rather surprised at high levels of glucose if you are eating only one meal a day with any carbs, and sticking to low carb for that. Do you see spikes after eating?

I'll be honest, I believe it's due to other reasons too, when I get a solid 6-7 hours sleep I'll be up and in the 6s or 7s but when I get close to nothing I will get out of bed and be in the 8s and 9s. After meals 2 hours I will get a 3 point rise and then I'll go back down. With my libre I can check at the 30 minute or 1 hour mark but I choose not to I'm on a new medication called gliclazide aswell to help me

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah - gliclazide actively removes glucose from the blood - testing carefully/frequently is advisable - particularly if you drive, you must test as it can cause hypos.