Hba1c

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

My hba1c was 62 in August and its come back at 59.

I know, it's a improvement but I have been testing my blood sugars and it doesn't add up.
59 means I would have been hoovering around 9.5 I dont know anymore I guess I'll see what its like in February.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
It's on its way down which is good , keep up the good work .

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's on its way down which is good , keep up the good work .

I feel better and I am losing weight and I'm now able to sleep better, my fasting bgl is better than ever now. I shall have to continue and see what it is in February

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello,

My hba1c was 62 in August and its come back at 59.

I know, it's a improvement but I have been testing my blood sugars and it doesn't add up.
59 means I would have been hoovering around 9.5 I dont know anymore I guess I'll see what its like in February.

I think you are perhaps confusing your units. I agree that 59 is around 9.5mmol/mol (milli moles per mole ) as an A1c measurement, but don't confuse this with finger pricks which are measured in mmol/l (milli moles per litre).

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I feel better and I am losing weight and I'm now able to sleep better, my fasting bgl is better than ever now. I shall have to continue and see what it is in February
That's great to hear , its amazing how we feel better once our sugar and weight drop , my A1c was 106 last November, I did 11 weeks keto and it dropped to 59 , then I continued with keto until a few months back but the high fat was making me feel nauseous all the time I am now having 80~130 carbs a day and walking a lot and I've lost in total over 3 stone, and my A1c has dropped to 46, I am very happy with the numbers, a lot of people on here have very low numbers in a short time , but we are all different and if we are slower at getting lower numbers then that is good enough too .

I too am getting morning readings of .5.4 now but while doing keto i always woke to 6.7 .
Keep going you're doing well :)

Reactions: jackthejoker

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's great to hear , its amazing how we feel better once our sugar and weight drop , my A1c was 106 last November, I did 11 weeks keto and it dropped to 59 , then I continued with keto until a few months back but the high fat was making me feel nauseous all the time I am now having 80~130 carbs a day and walking a lot and I've lost in total over 3 stone, and my A1c has dropped to 46, I am very happy with the numbers, a lot of people on here have very low numbers in a short time , but we are all different and if we are slower at getting lower numbers then that is good enough too .

I too am getting morning readings of .5.4 now but while doing keto i always woke to 6.7 .
Keep going you're doing well :)

Thank You. You're doing well too! Keep it up :)

Reactions: Cent5019

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well - blood glucose levels reflect the carbs in the diet to a great extent - what do you eat, as a rule?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well - blood glucose levels reflect the carbs in the diet to a great extent - what do you eat, as a rule?
I eat eggs in the morning and anything low carb in the evening. I read the labelsnow and I weigh out the food on the scaletoo.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd be rather surprised at high levels of glucose if you are eating only one meal a day with any carbs, and sticking to low carb for that. Do you see spikes after eating?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd be rather surprised at high levels of glucose if you are eating only one meal a day with any carbs, and sticking to low carb for that. Do you see spikes after eating?

I'll be honest, I believe it's due to other reasons too, when I get a solid 6-7 hours sleep I'll be up and in the 6s or 7s but when I get close to nothing I will get out of bed and be in the 8s and 9s. After meals 2 hours I will get a 3 point rise and then I'll go back down. With my libre I can check at the 30 minute or 1 hour mark but I choose not to I'm on a new medication called gliclazide aswell to help me

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah - gliclazide actively removes glucose from the blood - testing carefully/frequently is advisable - particularly if you drive, you must test as it can cause hypos.