Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, it has been a busy few days, work, different things going on and a day out in London on Saturday too.
An update on my eye screening last week, I received a letter from the eye doctor on Saturday ( that was quick) and I need Laser treatment in my left eye, so they will get in touch about an appointment with me asap:happy:
I haven't been able to catch up with all the posts, so I hope everyone is doing okay.
Started to put up my Christmas decorations today and feeling very festive :joyful:
❄️

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Betes was 10.7 this morning and bf made it to work as well. He has been off sick for a while - he paid everything off and it’s the best feeling ever. With Christmas, I’m not close with anyone from work. But if you guys are planning anything and I’m not blocking your time with your loved ones, I can bring food and alcohol for a big food session. When I was at uni, I had a month off and now since working, I only get a day off. I’m not surprised tbh, my parents closed for two days when they had their business. I have a partial headache to plan my transportation to work after Christmas. It should be okay because major sales on boxing day and after new years. My dsn gave me hope that once things settle, I can get my consultant’s backing to do driving lessons and gain my independence. Anyone else stuffing their bellies with Christmas nibbles? I tried the galaxy vegan chocolate and it’s worth the outrageous £3 price tag.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To also add, I took the black friday sales opportunity to purchase a hid in multiway belt. I thought it’ll be useful for dresses, skirts, in bed and in general use. So I don’t have to purchase separate things like non slip garters (although those are quite sexy). I added a myabetic case/bag too, since I don’t own anything to solely to put things in. I love anything with compartments. I’d use pencil cases but they get ruined quite quickly and smelly. You can say I did a big number this black friday. I’ve been pretty good for the last 2 years. Moreover I’ve put together a hypo box for work, ranging from skittles to tablets to gels to coke to hypo kit for circumstances that I cannot manage myself. Unfortunately I haven’t found anything to replace biscuits, I added biscuits too, the large multipack kind. :)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem to have been awash with low-grade germs and colds for weeks now! I do enjoy my students this year but it doesn't seem to matter how much I stick to handwashing policies and try to get them to link arms rather than hold hands, (they are almost all very tactile and within our clear boundaries we permit this) I seem to catch all their germs. Probably they're all new to me as I've never worked with these ones before... plus last year's lot were hugs in emergencies and last day of year types only!

Young Vampire seems to be beginning to show some more independence with diabetes chores. For the first time yesterday all I had to do was the numbers check on the meter, both bloods and carb input, and on the insulin pen. (I will always do that for YV as number recognition is the learning issue which prevents true independence here.) At least, when I'm doing the deed there is more independence. I gather when the other staff are doing it, they get talked into "helping" more!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, so first time in a long time I am Libre'ing - didn't bother pre-soaking like some, slapped it on and activated it straight away and so far results have been pretty good accuracy wise.......and on a BG level too, yesterday evening and over night stayed with in limits nicely, just breakfast causing a bit of a spike but now levelling off in the low 8's which is fine for the time being. :happy:

Reactions: Marie 2

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
antibiotics are starting to kick in....pee stinks :dead::dead::dead::dead:....too much info? lol

Bloods are doing there own thing at the mo, not too concerned about the with the mountain ranges I am getting at the moment

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all
antibiotics are starting to kick in....pee stinks :dead::dead::dead::dead:....too much info? lol

Bloods are doing there own thing at the mo, not too concerned about the with the mountain ranges I am getting at the moment
Big hugs porl69 x

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, eventful shift on the boo-boo bus last night with a head on collision on a windy welsh mountain road. No fatalities, just some fairly broken skeletons. Got to work with the helicopter medics again, which was an experience in itself. Bloods all well behaved, just needed the odd glucose tab for when things got physical.

Got to go to a uni-mandated disability assessment today, not thrilled, but them’s the rules. I’ve been passed as “fit to practice” by occupational health, so I think it’s about exam concessions and the possibility of some extra funding. I don’t _feel_ disabled in any way, I just have a little extra to think about. I’ll take my laughably ancient MacBook along, as they want to see what I’m currently using on the tech front...

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just had a phone call to say my new bottles of insulin have been sent to pharmacy ,so im all ready to start pumping by the 11th that appointment will last 4 hours due to training then appointment on the 13th not sure how long thats for, then appointment for the 18th and i thinks thats it .:)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, diabetes is doing okay, a bit of a ramp because of a banana. 10.7 this morning :) I’m a bit worried that my womanly month hasn’t arrived. If I counted it correctly, it’s been around a month. I’ll give it until tomorrow then off to the doctors I go. Unless I can get pregnant from staring at my bf?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hello friends, diabetes is doing okay, a bit of a ramp because of a banana. 10.7 this morning :) I’m a bit worried that my womanly month hasn’t arrived. If I counted it correctly, it’s been around a month. I’ll give it until tomorrow then off to the doctors I go. Unless I can get pregnant from staring at my bf?
Well it’s the time of year for miracle births...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
(Shamelessly copied from the thread where I posted it first because it makes me so happy!)

Our Sinterklaas party next thursday will involve a 3 course dinner. I just had a perfect phone call with the host, who will be cooking. She doesn't eat meat, which makes things a little more complicated, and I requested she choose something without the very carby parts but not worry about the details.

So she called me to ask if a chocolate letter would make me happy or sad. A very good question, and I opted for happy, especially if she can find a dark chocolate A :)
And then she told me dinner will be very low carb as far as starters and mains go, but I'll have to adjust and just guess my dose for dessert, which will be carby but small.

I just love people getting how it works! Friends like this make diabetes so much easier, and this phone call means I don't mind the messing up from dessert, Sinterklaas comes but once a year and has the same status as christmas, birthday or thanksgiving depending on your location :)

edited because I couldn't write this part before taking a picture of my post to send to my friend.
I'll add some home made low carb vegetarian sausage rolls and a bottle of wine.
I think sausage rolls are a cool choice when dealing with one diabetic and one vegetarian, both stubborn know it alls :hilarious:
They taste very good as well!

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 ,

There is a simalar tradition to "Sinterklaas" at this time of year in the UK?

Rock bands play music & sing traditional well known tunes at high volume, then at the end of the night normally just after the stroke of 12..

The landlord appears & offers free drinks & cash.. ;):D

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy your day got youngest grandson for the day on route as we speak ....more coffee needed immediately

Reactions: Robinredbreast