Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We drive past in on the way to visit MIL. Cue whole family shouting “stone ‘enge” in a well known rock band parody fashion...

You have no idea how I used to "live the dream" myself, with all the fake historical stone masonary...

I seemed to remember snapping this medeval archway like Heman himself. :banghead: A set designer's heart was broken on that night.. But I never got trapped in a pod...

image.jpeg

Reactions: porl69 and Diakat

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You have no idea how I used to "live the dream" myself, with all the fake historical stone masonary...

I seemed to remember snapping this medeval archway like Heman himself. :banghead: A set designer's heart was broken on that night.. But I never got trapped in a pod...

View attachment 37043
Nice shirt :D

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Near Edam should be fine. Are you sure you weren't in the Rotterdam area?

Now you got me thinking.. All I remember was I was on stage just after the first tune & I felt someone tugging at my shirt from behind.. (Sort of trying to lift it up?)

I looked round & there was this guy stood behind me. He leant in & said through my ear defenders, "they do not like your shirt."
I took it off to a massive cheer & it disappeared.
Did the next song topless & to my surprise the guy came back up on stage & handed me a festival shirt.

I assume it wound up in the trash & was torched? Lol.

Reactions: Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Day 2.5 of Libre, it's been pretty accurate, no reaction so far so either the break from it or the new glue formula is currently working for me at the moment - and long may it last. Looks like I've cracked the work day breakfast, lunch is work in progress simply because I haven't had my 'usual' type of lunch yet, but I'm suspecting it probably isn't that much different from the Works xmas lunch plateau the other day. Current average BG is 7.5 which equates to a hba1c of 45 or 6.3% (Had bloods taken on monday for my review this coming monday and it won't be anywhere near that!) - but it will be an early indication that using the libre has a positive impact on my control. Just need to keep it up (or down to be truthful!)

@karen8967 your grandson looks a cool dude!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good day for me too - I got tickets to the Tutankhamen exhibition. Sooooo excited.

Woohoo. I went to Egypt 10 years ago and went to see the pyramids and the Cairo museum. Tuts burial bits and bobs are truly amazing. I am now very jealous :)

Reactions: Diakat and Antje77

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Day 2.5 of Libre, it's been pretty accurate, no reaction so far so either the break from it or the new glue formula is currently working for me at the moment - and long may it last. Looks like I've cracked the work day breakfast, lunch is work in progress simply because I haven't had my 'usual' type of lunch yet, but I'm suspecting it probably isn't that much different from the Works xmas lunch plateau the other day. Current average BG is 7.5 which equates to a hba1c of 45 or 6.3% (Had bloods taken on monday for my review this coming monday and it won't be anywhere near that!) - but it will be an early indication that using the libre has a positive impact on my control. Just need to keep it up (or down to be truthful!)

@karen8967 your grandson looks a cool dude!
aw thanks slip x my libre is out by 2mmol normally its pretty accurate but hey ho i just keep checking with fingerprick (pita):)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Woohoo. I went to Egypt 10 years ago and went to see the pyramids and the Cairo museum. Tuts burial bits and bobs are truly amazing. I am now very jealous :)

I have never been to Egypt, but find it all so fascinating. Saw a programme last week and King Tut had some genetic problems (lots of inbreeding) one was his foot was deformed and his beautiful face was not so beautiful at all. He was buried ( mummified) very quickly and not in the way a King should of been laid to rest. He had no heirs and someone else was waiting in the wings to take over, it was absolutely fascinating.
I have a friend from Egypt and I have a ruler with the alphabet on it, so, I have in the past, used the ruler to send a greeting, but I don't think it came out exactly as it should of :oops: but she was cool.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thinking of making meatballs for dinner tonight :hungry::)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Now there's a thought..............:D

Perhaps I should clarify my comment, I'll come to dinner tonight instead of your daughter.........I don't think her boyfriend would be too pleased if I turned up on date night.........:eek:

:hilarious:

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Aaargh....sat waiting for the dreaded eye drops. Eye screening day today. Hate this part

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
I’ve finished DAFNE again :) We had a nice lunch session. I had an avocado mango, apple and coconut smoothie, avocado gave it that thick smoothieness. The dietitian said I can delay the medtronic pump and get the CGM for the time being in order to the tandem pump. Apparently it will be available in a few months. She is also on a pump and waiting to upgrade to the tandem t slim. But eh, I’ll give medtronic a chance