ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still the same , nothing changes @ickihun. Rons still not sleeping . Depression is up and down . Anxiety is causing problems , can’t go to places if there crowded . He’s in a lot of pain when walking but since he’s stopped certain meds the swelling in his legs have gone . Still gets a racing heart beat but that seems to happen when anxiety strikes . He’s mainly bored weather not helping .
This rain is **** and slow walkers are drenched. I thought I had a chest infection and water infection but I've perked up. My 2nd abdominal scan on tuesday. Hoping to get rid of some painkillers once side pain is resolved. God knows when though. I've lost trust in scans due to too much fat in the way.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
This rain is **** and slow walkers are drenched. I thought I had a chest infection and water infection but I've perked up. My 2nd abdominal scan on tuesday. Hoping to get rid of some painkillers once side pain is resolved. God knows when though. I've lost trust in scans due to too much fat in the way.

Rons in bed as he feels totally drained . Typical as he’s due at the hospital tomorrow . Probably another appointment to cancel . He and I haven’t been getting on so well . I’m walking around treading on egg shells as if I say anything he don’t like , it brings on an anxiety attack to which he goes to the bedroom sulking .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rons in bed as he feels totally drained . Typical as he’s due at the hospital tomorrow . Probably another appointment to cancel . He and I haven’t been getting on so well . I’m walking around treading on egg shells as if I say anything he don’t like , it brings on an anxiety attack to which he goes to the bedroom sulking .

Tina_marie - Are you able to get any sort of respite care for your husband - even if only an hour or two a week, when you can have a bit of space to do your own thing?

Caring is a hard, hard, hard job. I don't envy you one bit.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Tina_marie - Are you able to get any sort of respite care for your husband - even if only an hour or two a week, when you can have a bit of space to do your own thing?

Caring is a hard, hard, hard job. I don't envy you one bit.

No we’re not able to get anything . It’s taken the council 3 months to sort out our bathroom light . O. T . Has had to chase them up as she was told work was done , it finally got sorted last Wednesday . Ron has now been discharged from O.T. again . Every time we’re in need of something we have to apply to the right people and wait . As Ron is not an emergency they won’t help . It’s left down to me , they know I use to work in the care system so they say I’m qualified to look after Ron myself . We’re still looking to move but as yet we’ve not found anything suitable for him . Today due to Ron having a relapse I’ve had some quiet time , just checking on him every now and then , he’s only in the next room . The social care budget needs to be looked at as there’s not enough money or carers to go around . Every year council tax in this area only increases by 1% for adult social care. It’s ridiculous seeing how many people are in need . When we go to the gp all they seem to be interested in is Ron getting his diabetes review . Yet they’ve been told until other issues get sorted Ron won’t be doing nothing about reviews .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No we’re not able to get anything . It’s taken the council 3 months to sort out our bathroom light . O. T . Has had to chase them up as she was told work was done , it finally got sorted last Wednesday . Ron has now been discharged from O.T. again . Every time we’re in need of something we have to apply to the right people and wait . As Ron is not an emergency they won’t help . It’s left down to me , they know I use to work in the care system so they say I’m qualified to look after Ron myself . We’re still looking to move but as yet we’ve not found anything suitable for him . Today due to Ron having a relapse I’ve had some quiet time , just checking on him every now and then , he’s only in the next room . The social care budget needs to be looked at as there’s not enough money or carers to go around . Every year council tax in this area only increases by 1% for adult social care. It’s ridiculous seeing how many people are in need . When we go to the gp all they seem to be interested in is Ron getting his diabetes review . Yet they’ve been told until other issues get sorted Ron won’t be doing nothing about reviews .

Tina - Do you think Ron's relapses, near to appointments could be wound up with his anxiety in some way? It's almost like the chicken and the egg, it seems.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Tina - Do you think Ron's relapses, near to appointments could be wound up with his anxiety in some way? It's almost like the chicken and the egg, it seems.

Yes I do think that. He also has them when we go to the drs , or any other appointments. As for the extreme exhaustion that could be linked to high bgs .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I know the gov system makes some patients more ill.
Its not illness friendly. For many.

Now that is definately chicken and egg. @DCUKMod

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
As Ron was not able to make his appointment he’s now got to wait another 2 months for one . I did ask if the pain management clinic did home visits but they don’t . Mind you I could hardly get a word in as the receptionist wouldn’t shut up . I ended up speaking over her .

mtc2300

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a picture of me with the pants I was wearing in November 2018, when I was handed a prescription for metformin and the advise to eat less sugar and loose one kg. a month.

Attachments

• November2019.jpg
    November2019.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 346

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
As Ron was not able to make his appointment he’s now got to wait another 2 months for one . I did ask if the pain management clinic did home visits but they don’t . Mind you I could hardly get a word in as the receptionist wouldn’t shut up . I ended up speaking over her .
Some hv no listening skills but I'm finding mine excellent, but I don't need to speak to them often.
I do call appointments more than anyone as Diabetes and Bariatric units are leave a message on answering system only.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Some hv no listening skills but I'm finding mine excellent, but I don't need to speak to them often.
I do call appointments more than anyone as Diabetes and Bariatric units are leave a message on answering system only.

Went to drs with Ron yesterday. Gp has upped his medication( baclofen and duloxetine). Ron has explained that his depression has been getting worse along with the anxiety. Baclofen has been increased because I’ve shown the gp a video I took of Rons restless legs at night .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My blood sugar was 7.6 this morning before eating and although I've got a long way to go before mastering the low carb diet, I have been feeling a bit brighter but with occasional mood swings flashbacks of the chaotic times I went through with my alcoholic friend Max. Social services and my care coordinator have got me down as highpriority to move now with regards to my lowfunctioning Asperger's and schizophrenia. My blood sugar levels have come down a lot but I'd love to have 5.7 and 5.2 readings again like I did before Max started bullying me.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My blood sugar was 7.6 this morning before eating and although I've got a long way to go before mastering the low carb diet, I have been feeling a bit brighter but with occasional mood swings flashbacks of the chaotic times I went through with my alcoholic friend Max. Social services and my care coordinator have got me down as highpriority to move now with regards to my lowfunctioning Asperger's and schizophrenia. My blood sugar levels have come down a lot but I'd love to have 5.7 and 5.2 readings again like I did before Max started bullying me.
You will get there @JohnnyBaker87. Forget the Maxs of this world and you keep shining! Very Bright hun. :) :) :)
Wishing you a great Christmas and excitable New Year!
I'm close to my weight loss target so this year has been a success for me. Next year may be even brighter.
Keep Shining Young Man. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Went to drs with Ron yesterday. Gp has upped his medication( baclofen and duloxetine). Ron has explained that his depression has been getting worse along with the anxiety. Baclofen has been increased because I’ve shown the gp a video I took of Rons restless legs at night .
How are you?
I think of you both often with kind regard and sending Christmas wishes these festive days.
Sending Xmas cards this week. Not many but to some who get no best wishes normally.
Not so fashionable these days eh?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
How are you?
I think of you both often with kind regard and sending Christmas wishes these festive days.
Sending Xmas cards this week. Not many but to some who get no best wishes normally.
Not so fashionable these days eh?

Not to bad thanks Vicky. Arthritis acting up in the cold weather. Rons trying to keep active . The increased baclofen doesn’t seem to be working as every night in bed his body shakes . We’re looking into getting another dog as we’ve lost Max 3 months ago. There’s a big empty space that needs filling .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not to bad thanks Vicky. Arthritis acting up in the cold weather. Rons trying to keep active . The increased baclofen doesn’t seem to be working as every night in bed his body shakes . We’re looking into getting another dog as we’ve lost Max 3 months ago. There’s a big empty space that needs filling .
I wish we could hv a dog. The kids would love one but I cannot commit to walking one twice a day. Not yet anyway. I love French terriers. What's your favourite or ideal?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I wish we could hv a dog. The kids would love one but I cannot commit to walking one twice a day. Not yet anyway. I love French terriers. What's your favourite or ideal?

I like all types of dogs . Have been brought up with animals . As long as they come from a rescue centre. Rons favourite are staffies.

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I had a Lamb Doner Kebab with salad, pitta bread and chilli peppers. I've been abusing the Nicorette Quickmist mouth sprays on my smoking cessation quest and have been bingeing and having mood swings. I'm still determined to succeed on my quit even though I've relapsed so many times.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron is on day 2 of a fibromyalgia flare up. He’s not been able to walk as it’s so painful.