What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and a 5.4 today. That's after eating a warm mince pie with cream at choir last night and chest and nuts at midnight whilst playing Santa catch-up wrapping presents for today's delivery.

So a day of Santa, hospital visits to MIL and tonight's gig.

Hope your cellotape, string, wrapping paper and scissors treat you kindly.

Enjoy your Friday.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I wish we could visit.
I know quite a lot of people who live here and never participate in any of the programs or other activities put on for us, because they are so fed up with management that they have no desire to participate. I have several friendly acquaintances whom I see only at scheduled social gatherings, others I see everywhere BUT, and still others I see only occasionally in the elevator or at the local grocery store. So maybe it's not just me ...
Hug and purrs. :) ^. .^
Ple
Christmas wins again: I put this up this afternoon.

View attachment 37305
ah thats beautiful and I am glad you have done it. Some of those decorations look very tempting to a curious feline :cat: Yesterday I heard a bauble being bopped so I went to investigate...Daisy under the tree gave me that look.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Fbg shown on the meter (at 1 point) as 5.3 but best not to rely on that as reality. @Debandez re the red dress - think about my username and the implications of that much red - not an option @trick60 hope the last day treats you well and the break is all you could wish for. @Muddy Cyclist hectic, stressful life at the moment interspersed with some sublime moments from what I can gather. @SaskiaKC link primarily for you and technically for evening but gave me a lovely, peaceful start to the day - hope it works for others. Part of the O antiphons

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 for me
FB_IMG_1563172581381.jpg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...nodded off on the sofa again last night woke up at 4am & toddled off to bed...another three hours sleep & I'm ready to go...right back to the comfy sofa...babies fed now I can have my coffee...peeing down here but need a couple of things so have to go out so needs must...woke to a 6.5

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.0 at 0700. But it is eye injection day and I am always rightly or wrongly stressed. Its at lunchtime so will do a bit of last minute wrapping before then.
The weather here in the last 24 hours has been truly awful so hope you are all ok where you are. After two Christmas days without power I am just hoping ours stays connected. Very upsetting events going on in Oz. My boys will both be home by the end of today so that will gladden my heart.
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Fbg shown on the meter (at 1 point) as 5.3 but best not to rely on that as reality. @Debandez re the red dress - think about my username and the implications of that much red - not an option @trick60 hope the last day treats you well and the break is all you could wish for. @Muddy Cyclist hectic, stressful life at the moment interspersed with some sublime moments from what I can gather. @SaskiaKC link primarily for you and technically for evening but gave me a lovely, peaceful start to the day - hope it works for others. Part of the O antiphons
Very calming @ianpspurs interesting trying to follow the Plainsong Notation, makes my Bass Line Music Notes look easy :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope your cellotape, string, wrapping paper and scissors treat you kindly.
I've cheated MC bought the drawstring bags with ribbon...Sellotape & me are not suited too much hassle...I can never find the end & too many expletives uttered this time of the year is not good...so there a confession.

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've cheated MC bought the drawstring bags with ribbon...Sellotape & me are not suited too much hassle...I can never find the end & too many expletives uttered this time of the year is not good...so there a confession.
Good move, you don't want to expose those new youngsters in your life to too many expletives just yet. :joyful:

Reactions: DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, Mother of Penguins. TBH I'm not sure you would want me around right now! :)
I've been sitting here wondering if it's just me -- if I'm overreacting.
If it weren't an insult to felines everywhere, I'd almost think our managers are all cats:

You-know-that-feeling-when-you-did-something-bad.jpg

beautiful in it's complete understanding of the cats total mental process...:D
had me chuckling out loud..

gave a winner because...it's SO spot on..
t2025.gif

but fully understand the stab at the managements ill considered attitude.

i do hope you can find a little bit of relaxation and peace over the Christmas period

A merry Christmas and a happy new year, my american friend..
american-flag.gif