What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
' morning all. 7.2 fbs for me this morning. I know that's not good but I expected it to be much higher after succumbing to a packet of plain crisps and several chocolates last night following a very upsetting visit with mum at her nursing home. We don't normally have such things in the house but I always have a dish of brightly coloured chocs at Christmas for visitors. They tasted extremely sweet but I ate them anyway. :banghead: I promise to be better behaved today. :angelic:Enjoy your week-end everyone. :)

Hug and sympathy for the upsetting visit. I don't think there is anything as upsetting as traumatic visits with our elderly mothers.
I only wish that bacon and broccoli were as comforting as chips and chocolate.
I hope today is easier for you.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning with a 6.2 today probably because I eat a late snack after last nights gig, which other than a few wrong notes went very well. The drive back from Shropshire was star studded the atmosphere must have been very clear as they shone like jewels, thought of you @gennepher but my phone camera is not up to taking night sky pictures.

Busy day sorting final things for MILs move to nursing home on Monday, Christmas still very much on hold.

More light tomorrow so you can start reducing electricity bills.

Be bold, cease the day.

Your post has given me courage, with the thought that maybe with the turn of the year and the lighter and longer days, maybe the darkness clouding my "community" will be turned back and things will brighten.

Meanwhile these stumbling blocks we meet are jagged and nerve-racking. Well done for your persevering with music and being aware of the stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 this Saturday morning. Yesterday I thought I was circling the McGarrett Plains; today it feels more like I'm in orbit around them.

22.jpg

orbiting-usa-spaceship-earth-photo-748x468.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The trouble is they outnumber me...they are now watching footie in there and I have been told not to be disturbed....Mr PM is meant to be sorting out the booze today, luckily noone likes my orange gin :) so I’m ok.

I wish that you and the other girls (girlcats) could come and spent the afternoon with the KittenCat and me. We could watch Christmas movies and/or go shopping (online or in town), or paint our nails a lovely sparkly Christmassy red. :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There could be a cutsey Disney Christmas movie in there.....
Yes we could call it the nightmare kittens before Christmas...they are curled up together fast asleep ATM like two little angels...they don't fool me for a second:angelic::angelic::angelic:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks dogslife I'm sure it will make the day more interesting when the girls discover there are kittens here...there'll be mayhem...I sincerely hope things improve for you & the family it's such a trying/emotional time for you all...ironically Christmas time seems to magnify the difficulties we face.

Yes, sometimes it seems all **** breaks out at Christmas.
But so do kittens. ^. .^. .^ And I love reading about Charlie and Lola. (Their program was on TV here for awhile and I keep thinking that yours is one Lola who might not mind spiders at all -- except as marvelous toys!!!???!!)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish that you and the other girls (girlcats) could come and spent the afternoon with the KittenCat and me. We could watch Christmas movies and/or go shopping (online or in town), or paint our nails a lovely sparkly Christmassy red. :)
Oh that would be nice...we all watched The Polar Express last night. I was invited into the tv room. What do you like?

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes we could call it the nightmare kittens before Christmas...they are curled up together fast asleep ATM like two little angels...they don't fool me for a second:angelic::angelic::angelic:

I wonder if it would fool the audience as the opening scene? ^. .^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh that would be nice...we all watched The Polar Express last night. I was invited into the tv room. What do you like?

My favorite is Christmas In Connecticut. I also love Love Actually, and Robson Green's Christmas Lights, and a TV movie that TV doesn't seem to show anymore, a poignantly sweet children's story, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My favorite is Christmas In Connecticut. I also love Love Actually, and Robson Green's Christmas Lights, and a TV movie that TV doesn't seem to show anymore, a poignantly sweet children's story, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.
I like the sound of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever because I really do like childrens movies. Watched the second half of Madagascar this afternoon!

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like the sound of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever because I really do like childrens movies. Watched the second half of Madagascar this afternoon!

I loved Madagascar. I just found "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" on YouTube. It's from the book by Barbara Robinson (UK title "The Worst Kids in the World.")

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Like the cut of Mr @Krystyna23040 's gib - give that saintly man a fist bump from me please.
He is a super husband. Today I did something really stupid but he didn't act as though I had been really stupid.
On the bus at 6am I got an email. Had been having problem with the email server that had just been sorted and I thought this was from the Email Server people so I clicked the link and entered my password. I realised too late that it wasn't. Husband had done ta similar thing a couple of days ago and I had got really ratty with him but he didn't get ratty with me at all and helped me change all the email passwords on my Control Panel on the Internet, Outlook and Mailwasher on my computer and our phones. A marathon job.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Says the woman for whom it works. Spare a thought for those of us in the remedial class:angelic: .

Not sure I agree with your view of me - any halfway decent result is more luck than judgement and can’t usually be relied upon.