Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas! I’m looking forward to less hypos this Christmas :) Boyfriend said he hid treats around the house so I’m going around digging. Hypo this morning 3.8, not as dramatic as my libre making it out to be.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First treat was the Sainsbury’s free from chocolate and raisins clusters. I tried one and now I’m asking why is the bag so small

Reactions: Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I think hugs all round particularly @LooperCat and @Antje77 - love the dangling kitten - one of ours use to sit a top an open door.

BGs have been okish, I had been finding I've been dropping steadily over night so dropped my night time basal 1u, and since doing that I've been climbing instead.........1u from 18 to 17 - what gives!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, @LooperCat - These bonds can build so quickly, when you're happy in your work. I can't imagine that rolloercoaster of a day for your last day on placement, but if it leaves you still hungry for more, it says much.

I'm sure the lady you were with as she passed through the exit, and her family welcomed your being there.

I hope you manage some belly laugh time to balance it out, and I hope the dressing on your finger is ginagerous enough for the sympathy votes. Sling anyone?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Oh, @LooperCat - These bonds can build so quickly, when you're happy in your work. I can't imagine that rolloercoaster of a day for your last day on placement, but if it leaves you still hungry for more, it says much.

I'm sure the lady you were with as she passed through the exit, and her family welcomed your being there.

I hope you manage some belly laugh time to balance it out, and I hope the dressing on your finger is ginagerous enough for the sympathy votes. Sling anyone?
Many tears, and more laughs, including a very silly snapchat video of me waiting for triage! It might have involved a tiny violin and a dunce hat :D

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your girl is part of the Dexcom squad for a month.
7E0FCB76-C363-4266-A3FA-9CE0C08B5B31.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A good afternoon to all and wishing you a very Happy Christmas Eve.

I have been making and baking this morning, meatballs, some with onion and some without, for a family get together on Boxing day (at my house) and a GF chocolate cake to take to my daughter's boyfriends parents, Christmas evening.
Having a quick rest as my painful ongoing right side of back is quite sore, so sitting on the sofa with a hot water on the painful spot, then back to cake.............. Tea o'clock very soon I think :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hehe Is anyone having a nut roast? What is the estimated carbs per 50-100g? I never had a nut roast. According to JDRF, it has a lot more carbs than a meaty Christmas roast.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My nurse told me today that during the first week of insulin pump training, I can go straight onto it if I feel confident. No saline, straight onto the pump and insulin.
I received a letter as well to ask my GP to prescribe vials and it’s Novorapid, I’m a little confused as to why Novorapid and not fiasp

Reactions: karen8967

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hehe Is anyone having a nut roast? What is the estimated carbs per 50-100g? I never had a nut roast. According to JDRF, it has a lot more carbs than a meaty Christmas roast.

I will be but, unhelpfully, I make my own nut roast so tend to guesstimate after I've thrown everything together. Usually lentils and nuts are what I will count! Possibly any root veg or tomatoes. However, by making my own, I don't add things like bread crumbs in it thus making it less carbier than any pre-made one I've bought.

And even more unhelpfully, I won't be making it until I feel like cooking later in the week after the excessive amount of organ playing is done.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying a gentle afternoon until time to head out for the first of three services in the coming 22 hours. By this time tomorrow, I really will be declaring myself on holiday until time to go back to my term-time work, as I've done all that is needful for the organist's work until the end of February!

Bloods have been behaving well apart from yesterday evening's 3.0 which decided to appear 5 minutes from home! Um, at the bus stop outside my GPs! As a bus appeared whilst I was waiting for the dextro to take effect, I took it as a sign to get on it to go home and risk the known grumpy bus driver muttering about people only getting on for a couple of stops. (The bus goes for three sides of a square rather than the one side of it I'd've walked but it meant I was sitting for a few minutes.)

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yup, two of them! The two older cats have grown past climbing curtains, but still climb trees and countertops :)

I remember Pebbles cat as a kitten, climbing up the back of my dressing gown, god it hurt at times, bless. Pebbles used to wait by the letter box and wait for the post lol and I have a photo of her on my daughter's bike, other cat Sonny, looking on in the background lol :cat::cat:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I remember Pebbles cat as a kitten, climbing up the back of my dressing gown, god it hurt at times, bless. Pebbles used to wait by the letter box and wait for the post lol and I have a photo of her on my daughter's bike, other cat Sonny, looking on in the background lol :cat::cat:

Taken about 8/9 years ago.
scv20191224_145147 - Edited.jpg

Reactions: slip

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will call dsn on Friday about the insulin vials and my dexcom is being a bit funny. It keeps asking for calibrations and I’ve entered them. I don’t know if it’s a faulty one.