Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hugs for @Japes its always a pain when your liver decides to party without telling you.

Morning all.

Things OK this side of the harbour for the first time in about 5 days have woken up above 4mmol.

Hi you two, (Not shure which one I'm talking too?) ;)

I have to admit the comedy value of a red flag with the words "bang" popping out the barrel, still never fails me.. :D

Do you both have pirate names to suit your privateering wonderlust? (Something like Captain Blackheart or the Scarlet Buccaneer?)

I have to admit both your attire looks well tailored & kinda rocks. :cool:

Yep cheap tricks with the comedy gun is fun to use around kids and old people. We sometimes use Pirate names, depends on who we are interacting with but we are more Steam Punk so Steam Boy or Captain Amelia Steam are things we use a fair bit, but we swap, more fun.
We are not as committed as some of the Cosplay people those that go down the Naruto, 2B & 9S or Dante characters some of them take it to another level of commitment. :)

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends
Work yesterday cost me my diabetes, I woke up on a hypo despite not having food or Fiasp for 6 hours. So I’m back to blaming tresiba. 2.8 and running extremely slow :(

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Work said no to my dr martens because “it’s not work appropriate”. Despite fire training said wear boots that are non slip with steel toe caps

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Work said no to my dr martens because “it’s not work appropriate”. Despite fire training said wear boots that are non slip with steel toe caps

Hi Mei,

Rewind a little.. You have two jobs now?

I can appreciate with waiting there is a personal standard of uniform smartness. Usually white top & black trousers & shoes.
PPE footwear is essential in most work placements where the risk is assessed regarding falling objects. (Even hot fluids.?)
If your DMs meet the requirement & are appropriately maintained? I see no issue.

What is the acceptable requirement regarding footwear at your place of work..? Lol, please don't say court shoes or ballet pumps.. :banghead:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
D561ED76-6B82-42E5-9E33-29C30A4F57E9.jpeg
E8BBF5D2-15F2-46BB-BB75-A3DC41747479.jpeg
EC63B87D-9FF4-4699-BC8D-8812D620FC0B.jpeg
Been meaning to post pics from the visit to king Tut...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Soooo,

My wife's friend creatively messages us a Christmas greeting using her brother's dog she happens to be looking after whilst he is traveling over the holiday period...

Nice. The dog's name is Toasty

received_2607355279492725.jpeg

So then the good will is reciprocated using Scrapps. Like you would... Yeah he did kind of "photobomb."

received_2379970542115347.jpeg

This all sort of happened last night...

Next thing..? Today. She is down with the hound.

We all decide on a Sunday pub walk...

All my dog's christmases came at once... It's a love affair.

20191222_2.jpg

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Toasty looks a little alarmed there...

She played "hard to get" initially but when she saw his "pad?" (Where he lived.)

She was making no bones about what she wanted... ;)

Oddly, Scrapps is normally the one pretty laid back.. LOL.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, family gathering yesterday - BGs not well controlled, the chocolate brownie must have had a lot of carbs/sugar in it - a lot more than I thought! Anyway nieces boyfriend has vowed to get the libre now :happy: Was a great day all round.

Reactions: Japes and Antje77
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning

Woke to a 12.6, not sure where that came from, least in a better place to deal with it, had it been November might have broken another keyboard in frustration.

Holding a steady as she goes 8.5 at the moment.

Reactions: slip

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Moaning all,,,,,Libre decided it didn't want to be a Libre anymore! No readings off my phone or the libre reader BUT xdrip is working! Just called Abbotts......they are replaceing but want the broken one back.....Do I take it off now or do I wait? hmmmmm methinks I will wait

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning everyone (just)still trying to get levels right on this pump i know it takes a while but its doing my head in :banghead:have a good day everyone :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, time to put on a Libre. Hadn’t noticed that it was sellotaped when I picked up the prescription. Thought it may have just been damaged, so ripped it off, opened it, to find the part covered in foil had been opened and then sellotaped back down. Took it back. The assistant didn’t know why and came up with various answers showing she had no idea what was in the box. Hilarious! I knew there would be no problem swapping it, and there wasn’t. It’s my local village chemist and they are very good. Odd though!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people