1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Your girl is part of the Dexcom squad for a month. 7E0FCB76-C363-4266-A3FA-9CE0C08B5B31.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Happy christmas everyone FB_IMG_1577188463258.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Awesome! I love mine. Sensor change today.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

A good afternoon to all and wishing you a very Happy Christmas Eve.

I have been making and baking this morning, meatballs, some with onion and some without, for a family get together on Boxing day (at my house) and a GF chocolate cake to take to my daughter's boyfriends parents, Christmas evening.
    Having a quick rest as my painful ongoing right side of back is quite sore, so sitting on the sofa with a hot water on the painful spot, then back to cake.............. Tea o'clock very soon I think :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  5. MeiChanski

Hehe Is anyone having a nut roast? What is the estimated carbs per 50-100g? I never had a nut roast. According to JDRF, it has a lot more carbs than a meaty Christmas roast.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Have a look on the pack if you can, they are often very carby - the nuts themselves plus the fillers and binders.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Yup, two of them! The two older cats have grown past climbing curtains, but still climb trees and countertops :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Santa tracker is up and running at our house. Table extended. Here we go...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. MeiChanski

My nurse told me today that during the first week of insulin pump training, I can go straight onto it if I feel confident. No saline, straight onto the pump and insulin.
    I received a letter as well to ask my GP to prescribe vials and it’s Novorapid, I’m a little confused as to why Novorapid and not fiasp

• Like Like x 1
  10. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

I will be but, unhelpfully, I make my own nut roast so tend to guesstimate after I've thrown everything together. Usually lentils and nuts are what I will count! Possibly any root veg or tomatoes. However, by making my own, I don't add things like bread crumbs in it thus making it less carbier than any pre-made one I've bought.

And even more unhelpfully, I won't be making it until I feel like cooking later in the week after the excessive amount of organ playing is done.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying a gentle afternoon until time to head out for the first of three services in the coming 22 hours. By this time tomorrow, I really will be declaring myself on holiday until time to go back to my term-time work, as I've done all that is needful for the organist's work until the end of February!

Bloods have been behaving well apart from yesterday evening's 3.0 which decided to appear 5 minutes from home! Um, at the bus stop outside my GPs! As a bus appeared whilst I was waiting for the dextro to take effect, I took it as a sign to get on it to go home and risk the known grumpy bus driver muttering about people only getting on for a couple of stops. (The bus goes for three sides of a square rather than the one side of it I'd've walked but it meant I was sitting for a few minutes.)

• Like Like x 2
    #24210 Japes, Dec 24, 2019 at 2:12 PM
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  11. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Can you ask? It may be a mistake, better to find out before you have the insulin.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Robinredbreast

I remember Pebbles cat as a kitten, climbing up the back of my dressing gown, god it hurt at times, bless. Pebbles used to wait by the letter box and wait for the post lol and I have a photo of her on my daughter's bike, other cat Sonny, looking on in the background lol :cat::cat:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Robinredbreast

Taken about 8/9 years ago.
    scv20191224_145147 - Edited.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MeiChanski

I will call dsn on Friday about the insulin vials and my dexcom is being a bit funny. It keeps asking for calibrations and I’ve entered them. I don’t know if it’s a faulty one.

• Hug Hug x 3
  15. Diakat

Staff Member

Santa just hit Perth - merry Christmas Australia!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Molly56

Molly56 Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

@Diakat .....when tracking Santa have you managed to find the exact point at which he visits your house......have tracked him in the past and he seems to take an interesting route....probably something to do with time zones I guess....
    ....and a Merry Christmas to you too!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Diakat

Staff Member

Merry Christmas to you and yours Molly.
    I have never looked his arrival here up online (might have to now) I usually just trusted in it happening sometime between sleep and waking.

• Like Like x 1
  18. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

I went on insulin straight away mei x

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

He's heading for India now.

Like you, I trust him to visit whilst I sleep. That has always worked in the past. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Did you know there is a world wide network of vets, called ELVES, that is prepared to take care of Santa's reindeer during their work around christmas? Pretty magical!
    Look for Horse Vet Corner on Facebook. It's a closed group, but you'll still find this post and it's reactions because people have shared. The reactions are pretty magical too, vets from all over the world chipped in to declare they were all ready to take care of Santa's reindeer!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook