"Alexa" and Carbs in Foods

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I discovered today that an "Alexa" will tell you the carbs per 100g of most common foods. All you you to do is say "Alexa how many carbohydrates in xxxxx". If you want detailed nutritional info just ask "Alex what is the nutritional facts for xxxx".
There are of course many other ways of finding this info, but Alexa is quick and easy.

Reactions: DJC3

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I discovered today that an "Alexa" will tell you the carbs per 100g of most common foods. All you you to do is say "Alexa how many carbohydrates in xxxxx". If you want detailed nutritional info just ask "Alex what is the nutritional facts for xxxx".
There are of course many other ways of finding this info, but Alexa is quick and easy.
I will try that with Siri :D

D

Deleted member 308541

It works with "Hey Google" as well.

Edit: I just tried it with M$ Cortana on Win 10, blue screen of death straight away... :meh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will try that with Siri :D
The trouble with Siri, is the answer always seems to be in US cup measurements which I really don’t get on with! :banghead:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that including the fibre or not though? As it's US based might well give the non rest of the world answer..

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I use Alexa a fair bit for carbs. Will be doing a check later when I get home from work and see how it compares to food I know. I will report back