Freestyle Libre sensor unavailable

nmcclu315

Hi All,
I have been waiting 2 weeks for my Freestyle Libre Sensor on NHS prescription (I have had them on prescription for some time) My pharmacy have just phoned me to say there is a 3 week delay in getting any stock of the Sensors, is everyone else experiencing the same issues? Or do I need to change Pharmacy?

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,
I have been waiting 2 weeks for my Freestyle Libre Sensor on NHS prescription (I have had them on prescription for some time) My pharmacy have just phoned me to say there is a 3 week delay in getting any stock of the Sensors, is everyone else experiencing the same issues? Or do I need to change Pharmacy?
I purchased a starter kit direct from Abbott just before Xmas -it comes as individual bits- and it arrived in 2 days. A replacement sensor was also quick just at new year. Not tried orderIng this week.
It may be that pharmacies use middle men.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

I had this before. Took it to boots and got it in no time. Some of the pharmacies don't know what they are so email Abbot to request them and don't follow up which ends up taking weeks. I'd ask them for the prescription and take it elsewhere.

Reactions: localshop

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Theres chatter about this on FB groups too. Looks to be a supply problem to some pharmacies in some areas is probably the best way to describe it - so it may be worth trying another pharmacy.

Eddmtaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've been waiting since 22/12 when I placed my prescription with boots they have just told me today it could be another 2-3 weeks gave me a phone number at freestyle to ring but they were no help

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just picked up 2 this morning from my local small village pharmacy that I ordered on line from Gp yesterday. They are certainly not having issues. Have a shelf with quite a few on. When I was self funding I could just buy off the shelf too.

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all, I have just been on the course and prescribed my first libre. The woman that gave the course told us that there is a 3 to 4 week delay at the moment and to try and put prescription in at the bigger chemists for the time being.

Pstacey

Hi all, just to let you know that Lloyd’s pharmacy's are also struggling to get sensors, been waiting since the week before Christmas. This is on prescription so not sure if it’s the same if bought direct from Abbots

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I self fund & having the same issue in my area.."2 weeks" wait seems to be the timescale.

Excuses I've had vary from "it's Chrismas." To a "supply issue."

Lol, had got a Maiomaio delivered in the post too.. My sensor ran out last weekend. :banghead:

Reactions: EllieM

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
Just got mine. Rowlands pharmacy, small Cheshire town. From request to receipt was 48hrs no problems.

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well, I'm not sure what is going on. Yesterday, after being told on Monday that it would be at least 3 weeks before I received any new sensors, my pharmacist rang me to tell me that there were 3 ready for me to collect and that the remaining 4th one would be in next week ?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just picked up 2 this morning from my local small village pharmacy that I ordered on line from Gp yesterday. They are certainly not having issues. Have a shelf with quite a few on. When I was self funding I could just buy off the shelf too.

I'm guessing you're the only diabetic in the village! :)

Reactions: localshop

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I set up an account with Abbott on Sunday
Then ordered a sensor..

Now just got in from work & there was a knock at the door from a parcel force representative...
3 days.. Actually faster than I thought.

Now I can't wait to try out this Maiomaio.. :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm guessing you're the only diabetic in the village! :)

Funnily enough no. There are a few picking up Libre on prescription. And the area is quite small. It’s a good pharmacy. Plus I put in my prescription request to the Gp on line, and invariably I get a text from the chemists to say it is in the following day.

Reactions: Jaylee

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I phoned my pharmacy today and they're having trouble getting them and have none in stock at present.