ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I still can,t log in through the usual way, only vis Facebook. Still get the dam DCUKiD
As for my mobile, can,t even log in via facebook

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have clear cookies etc even re applying chrome and Firefox and still no joy

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod .......

Hate to say it but still having problems logging out..........:banghead:

Satindoll - Could you describe the issue in some detail? Does the system not allow you to log out, or are you logged out too frequently?

If the latter, do you have multiple windows/tabs open at the time?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Satindoll - Could you describe the issue in some detail? Does the system not allow you to log out, or are you logged out too frequently?

If the latter, do you have multiple windows/tabs open at the time?

It literally wont let me log off, I press my name, scroll down to log off, press then it goes to the log out screen but instead of redirecting back me to the forums and showing the log in bar it redirects me back to the forum with me still logged in, then I have to close the window and sometimes I even have to close the whole internet connection down...........I don't have this problem on any other site........I usually only have this and one other tab open at the same time.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
@DCUKMod
Minor problem, I still can,t log in the usual way, still doing it via Facebook but I do miss the usual way of signing in

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod
Minor problem, I still can,t log in the usual way, still doing it via Facebook but I do miss the usual way of signing in

Sorry Ally - I thought that had been resolved for you, so I'll raise it again, now. It needs to be sorted for you.

Reactions: ally1

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Sorry Ally - I thought that had been resolved for you, so I'll raise it again, now. It needs to be sorted for you.
No hurry I just thought I would try it tonight xx

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No hurry I just thought I would try it tonight xx

Thanks Ally, but when |I looked further into your account, I could see something that I've tweaked, so I'm hoping I have sorted it (rather than broken it more!!), so you can try it any time you like - tonight or any time, but please have the [email protected] email address to hand, just in case it all goes wrong!

Andybyrne79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think I've made a mistake when I joined. I signed up through Facebook, and when I went to do a password through the external access page it won't let me add a password, it keeps telling me to make the second password entry the same, which it already is!

Not a major issue as can just use fb login, but means that I am unable to use the android app.

Thanks in advance

Andy

slaxxfb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
as @Andybyrne79 said, you can't make a password if you registered through fb. my workaround for this was to enable 2-way verification through email, confirm email address, logout, go to the login page, click forgot password, and you get a link in your email that enables you to create a new password.
there really are some issues with login though. trying to interchange login through fb or through email/password can... err... confuse the website, lol. sometimes it directs me to the new member registration page/form. the auth.diabetes.co.uk page is also kinda buggy. i think there might be a problem between trying to connect mobile app functions and desktop website functions. would be great if this could be fixed, it would probably also delete duplicate accounts.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm having a technical problem with this site.
I used to be able to start a post, then go to another website to look up something, or add something, and then come back here to continue my post. My post would be "greyed out" -- a sort of draft -- and I could continue it from where I'd left off and then post it.
I can't do that anymore. I thought it might be my computer so I cleared all my caches and extensions, but now I'm having the same problem again.

And I can't tag people anymore. When I type @ and then start to type their user name, it starts out OK, but when I click on the user name it disappears. This only started happening a day or two ago.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm having a technical problem with this site.
I used to be able to start a post, then go to another website to look up something, or add something, and then come back here to continue my post. My post would be "greyed out" -- a sort of draft -- and I could continue it from where I'd left off and then post it.
I can't do that anymore. I thought it might be my computer so I cleared all my caches and extensions, but now I'm having the same problem again.

And I can't tag people anymore. When I type @ and then start to type their user name, it starts out OK, but when I click on the user name it disappears. This only started happening a day or two ago.
HimSaskia - the s a new one to me, but in terms of tracking it down, you've done the smart things for history and cache. Have you also restated the whole machine?

Could you confirm is this is on the web, or App, and which operating system you are using.

Thanks!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HimSaskia - the s a new one to me, but in terms of tracking it down, you've done the smart things for history and cache. Have you also restated the whole machine?

Could you confirm is this is on the web, or App, and which operating system you are using.

Thanks!

Thanks. :)
I have restarted my computer. It's a Chromebook, using Chrome OS. It is on the web; I don't have an app for my Chromebook.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have restarted my computer. It's a Chromebook, using Chrome OS. It is on the web; I don't have an app for my Chromebook.

I'll raise it with the techsters, although, please bear in mind they're all in UK, where it's currently 04:35.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Saskia, if you are using an ad blocker, could you please add diabetes.co.uk to the relevant exceptions list? That can cause issues, such as you describe. Still come back to me if that's doesn't resolve it.

Reactions: SaskiaKC