2019/20 Football season

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Big Yorky derby for our lads. Trip to Oakwell to face Barnsley. That should prove interesting as they are dirty devils.
Good luck to all those playing today. Hope your team wins :)
Talking about dirty devils, Palace were up to their usual tricks today. More diving than Tom Daley.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, having anticipated fear and loathing in the Leicester City match, we only went and flipping well won. Not sure what has happened to the Saints in the past six weeks but whatever it is, I want more

Reactions: Guna108

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck tonight Tranmere. Hope you overturn Elton John's mob. :)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, having anticipated fear and loathing in the Leicester City match, we only went and flipping well won. Not sure what has happened to the Saints in the past six weeks but whatever it is, I want more

Yeah it was a great result for you given that Leicester are in 2nd.

Reactions: jay hay-char

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good luck tonight Tranmere. Hope you overturn Elton John's mob. :)
Off mate!
Pitch is looking really bad, could be off Saturday as well!
Been raining really hard most of yesterday and today, forecast not good either.
Water hogs all over it! (Waterlogged doesn't describe it!)

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Off mate!
Pitch is looking really bad, could be off Saturday as well!
Been raining really hard most of yesterday and today, forecast not good either.
Water hogs all over it! (Waterlogged doesn't describe it!)

Oh blimey lets hope they get it sorted for Saturday.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Home to Brentford this aft for our lads. A bogey team so just which way that goes remains to be seen.
Good luck to all those playing today. Hope your team wins. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Got beat (again!)
But a better performance on a playing surface from the good old days.

Next up Watford Thursday in cup!

Depending on result, Blackpool (Saturday) or man utd (Sunday in cup)

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am really not sure about this VAR. Any thoughts? 2 points lost yesterday for the Gunners.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am really not sure about this VAR. Any thoughts? 2 points lost yesterday for the Gunners.

The new technology in the premiership is in my humble opinion not being used correctly.
This is because, the system the league uses, takes control of decisions away from the match referees, if the interpretation of the law is often discussed and open to abuse from another referees opinion.
Obviously the system is there (allegedly) to prevent clear refereeing mistakes, then another referees opinion is often used to change the original decision, this has been shown to sometimes been controversial and at times (too often) wrong!
The use of the television monitor is there for the match referee to use but has only been used twice and both for sending offs., both correct decisions I may add!
The VAR referee should be there to advise and check to see if the match referee has missed a clear and decisive mistake. That is it!
The offside law has been changed by VAR, not by the law makers, if the offensive player is in line, then he is not in an offside position. It is supposed to be an advantage to the attacking player, not be offside by millimetres! The attacking player may have smaller feet than the defender, how can that be offside?
We recently got a draw and a replay in the cup, which we got through two VAR reviews, when the referee and linesman got both decisions wrong, this is why we need it, but it has to used for the benefit of the game, not as it is being used in some cases.
VAR is here to stay, if only we could have it in league one with some of the bad officials we seem to keep getting!

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The new technology in the premiership is in my humble opinion not being used correctly.
This is because, the system the league uses, takes control of decisions away from the match referees, if the interpretation of the law is often discussed and open to abuse from another referees opinion.
Obviously the system is there (allegedly) to prevent clear refereeing mistakes, then another referees opinion is often used to change the original decision, this has been shown to sometimes been controversial and at times (too often) wrong!
The use of the television monitor is there for the match referee to use but has only been used twice and both for sending offs., both correct decisions I may add!
The VAR referee should be there to advise and check to see if the match referee has missed a clear and decisive mistake. That is it!
The offside law has been changed by VAR, not by the law makers, if the offensive player is in line, then he is not in an offside position. It is supposed to be an advantage to the attacking player, not be offside by millimetres! The attacking player may have smaller feet than the defender, how can that be offside?
We recently got a draw and a replay in the cup, which we got through two VAR reviews, when the referee and linesman got both decisions wrong, this is why we need it, but it has to used for the benefit of the game, not as it is being used in some cases.
VAR is here to stay, if only we could have it in league one with some of the bad officials we seem to keep getting!
Sadly, it seems that even with VAR decisions have been wrong.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just watching the reds v reds game on sky.
A goal was disallowed by the VAR referee because of a foul on the keeper which the referee originally did not blow for, it looked like the on pitch referee definitely did not believe it was a foul, that the keeper did not actually make a valid attempt at catching the ball.
The decision was taken out of the on pitch referees hands, the opinion that the VAR referee superseded the person who is supposed to be in charge, the option of reviewing the decision was there with the monitor. It wasn't a particular wrong call, it was an opinion based on television reviews.
That is where VAR is letting itself down.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I support Aston villa and Luton town. Both are not doing too great and feel both will be relocated xx

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still buzzing from last night's draw at Chelsea. 2-2 It was a very late night but worth it
What a comeback by the Gunners. Most of my class were singing the new Martinelli chant the next morning lol