Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

More posts have been deleted from this thread, since they contained content that was, once again, breaking the forum rules.

To be perfectly clear:
Posts breaching the forum rules will be deleted by the moderation team.
Members whose posts are serially deleted or edited will, in accordance with the forum rules, face sanctions against their accounts.
Any thread where multiple rule breaches occur may be removed from view or locked.

None of the moderation team enjoy stepping in like this, and we only do so when members choose to break the forum rules. Account sanctions only occur when a member deliberately and persistently behaves in a manner that is at odds with the clearly outlined forum rules.

Every member agreed to the terms and conditions of the forum when they joined.
Any member breaking the forum rules is subject to the clearly laid out consequences of their actions.

Anyone wishing to read our perfectly reasonable forum rules can find a link in the signature below any moderator’s post.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I found the reason why my Dexcom was slightly painful and uncomfortable, I ended it 3 days early and I found a lot of blood underneath. I won’t put a libre on because I’m starting auto mode on Friday. Site change tomorrow and I’m pretty nervous but I got my bf on board so he’ll help me too.

Last edited:

Marieba

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, after 3 years of just lurking since diagnosis I thought it was about time i joined up properly :) I have learnt pretty much all i know about type 1 from the reading posts from fellow type 1's on this forum so thank u! Shame that so many knowledgeable peeps have now left but thought it were about time i said hiya! :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, after 3 years of just lurking since diagnosis I thought it was about time i joined up properly :) I have learnt pretty much all i know about type 1 from the reading posts from fellow type 1's on this forum so thank u! Shame that so many knowledgeable peeps have now left but thought it were about time i said hiya! :)
Hi marieba welcome to the thread

Reactions: Marieba

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi @Marieba, and welcome. Yes, it’s a great place for info, and support, and often a bit of non-T1 stuff too. How long have you had T1 living with you? What kind of things make you happy, apart from decent blood sugars?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yesterday’s seesaw of lows and late arriving highs from all the babies and treats for them piddled (can I say piddled?) off in time for a good night’s sleep. Cat still sleeping! Thank you for all the knicker advice, he he. My sunny frosty morning idea is the blue that’s created by seeing that shade through the more slatey but cheerful blue of the opaque waste paper bin. Ah me. This part of new kitchen designing will take longer than the building of the pyramids. And there’ll be hours of searching for warm coloured pans to dilute the blues.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
So a question for the Miao Miao users? My dog is on a Libre and I am really thinking about adding a Miao Miao to it. I shave the area where the Libre goes on and I use Skin Tac to keep it on which has worked really well. She has very erratic blood sugars although I'm hoping the fractured teeth she had pulled might help with that.

So I have never seen a Miao Miao in person and am wondering what you guys think of it being on my dog. Just adding extra tape on her I'm not sure will work well. She doesn't have a ton of fat so I think the area the Libre is confined to is shoulder and chest/side area.

So how does it attach? How heavy is it? I am just wondering if we can get it stay okay , I don't want it to pull off the Libre. The first couple of Libres came off after about 5 days. Now we use Skin Tac liberally and shave the area really well and now I have to use tac away to get it off of her after it expires..

View attachment 37891View attachment 37892
it comes with 2 sided sticky type tape contoured to the shape of the miaomiao
it weighs 8 grams

Reactions: Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I spent the weekend enjoying my birthday and come back to the forum to read the news of us loosing some very 'talented' T1s - what happened?!?!? :meh: crying at the banning of my 'twin bro' as well as Kim and Loopercat leaving of their own choice.

BGs have been some what non-ideal :p but I've had a great weekend.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @Marieba ,

Welcome. Nice to see you post.

Tell us a little about you..?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
For clarification “banned” does not necessarily mean gone forever. It is clearly set out that accumulated warning points can lead to temporary bans.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Diakat knowing him he's probably been banned for good :hilarious: (I do hope he comes back)
If not we can hang out on the beach at wherever it is he holidays and search for a guy in fluorescent shorts with a Skoda Yeti shaped dent in his head.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I woke up a bit high 12.9, I think it was all the junk I ate last night. I did my first site change and I may have skipped 2 steps while watching a video on how to change it. But I got the air bubbles out :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, that was a wild weekend after the DVLA vision field test letter.

The race is on to keep my licence.

One of the 4 local opticians I s where I go for my lenses anyway. Rang em Saturday & got an appointment for Sunday.
New "bins" to be picked up & the field test done on the 29th of this month. My licence officially runs out midnight the 28th.
Sounds like I turn into a pumpkin.?
According to the DVLA letter, I have 4 weeks to respond. No response will revoke my privilege to drive.

Hmm, sounds like I've been given a little more grace until the results come in..
All the same, I think I'll take the bus on the 29th. There's a possibility my insurance will be invalidated with a technically expired licence?

Lol, I'm meant to tax the van at the end of the month too! :banghead:

Probably put my idea for a MM hypo awair, engine imobilizer on hold then... :D

image.jpeg