1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Y
    Yes. They can match anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Everyone,

This thread was briefly removed from view while a series of posts were edited or deleted because they broke the forum rules.

Encouraging divisions and ‘us and them’ thinking by criticising others is fundamentally against our forum ethos and is specifically mentioned as being unacceptable in our forum rules.

There is plenty of scope on the forum generally, and this thread specifically, for members to help, inform and support each other. Divisive and critical posts will be subject to moderation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Seriously Brunneria, the one good thing about this thread in particular was that we discussed other things other than Type 1. After all we are people who have diabetes and not diabetics. If all we ever discussed was type 1 the forum would become dry very quickly. Thats why this thread has been going so long.

post edited by moderator to remove content breaking the forum rules.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    #24603 smc4761, Jan 19, 2020 at 6:28 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2020
  4. Brunneria

Staff Member

Yup
    That is why this forum, and the friendly supportive threads on it, are so helpful to members of all kinds. Newly diagnosed, or diagnosed decades ago, we can all benefit from the helpful, constructive and supportive interactions on here.

And that is also why the moderation team steps in to remove negative, critical, divisive posts.

Fortunately, this thread can continue to benefit and support members, discussing a whole range of subjects. Hopefully it will continue to run for those who wish to contribute in the spirit of the forum ethos.

5. Molly56

Molly56 Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

@Fairygodmother .....good to see you around again....hope you are keeping well.....good luck with the kitchen renovation and just one small suggestion from me.....it may be best to take them in your handbag! :wideyed:.....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thank you for your generic reply.

This thread in particular is never abusive /threatening, in fact one of the few threads that is very friendly, used by a hardcore of about 20 "friends".

post edited by moderator, to remove content against the forum rules.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #24606 smc4761, Jan 19, 2020 at 7:22 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2020
  7. chris85 type 1

chris85 type 1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

if you can keep a straight face and good composure i don't see why not if you do they have to oblige.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I might just take a photo, close up, for colour, no indication of source material.
    I’d like to gradually decorate the units with folk art (ish) paintings but that’s probably over ambitious. Who knows what might happen if I were low while painting

9. ert

ert Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've been hiding under a rock (ie exhaustion from being back at work) and missed the posting drama. I will miss @therower's posts. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

I do like the winter, but the dark wet, windy times have been so awful, roll on sunnier times, everywhere.
    I bought a small bunch of daffs on Friday and they started to open up sometime last night.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Robinredbreast

Make sure they are clean first lol :wideyed:;):D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Robinredbreast

What about a colour paint chart as they have many different shades.

13. Robinredbreast

I feel like hiding under a rock after today's sad revelations.
    Take care

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Kim Possible, @LooperCat I think it's beyond sad that you're both leaving. I for one have benefited from the experience and knowledge, plus wit, humour and inspiration you've shared on this forum. I do so wish you'd stay, if only on this thread, but I get your reasons for leaving. I'm also very sad @therower's been banned, plus all the others you mentioned Kim who aren't here any more. I've posted nothing for a while for various reasons, but I'll be making an effort for a while as I think this is such a great thread it'd be a real shame to see it disappear.

Good luck in all you do to those who are choosing to go, and thanks xxx

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

But of course. They’re a bit old tho, and definitely granny knickers

16. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just take 'em, @Fairygodmother, give 'em all something to talk about for a day :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Brunneria

Staff Member

Hi Everyone,

More posts have been deleted from this thread, since they contained content that was, once again, breaking the forum rules.

To be perfectly clear:
    Posts breaching the forum rules will be deleted by the moderation team.
    Members whose posts are serially deleted or edited will, in accordance with the forum rules, face sanctions against their accounts.
    Any thread where multiple rule breaches occur may be removed from view or locked.

None of the moderation team enjoy stepping in like this, and we only do so when members choose to break the forum rules. Account sanctions only occur when a member deliberately and persistently behaves in a manner that is at odds with the clearly outlined forum rules.

Every member agreed to the terms and conditions of the forum when they joined.
    Any member breaking the forum rules is subject to the clearly laid out consequences of their actions.

Anyone wishing to read our perfectly reasonable forum rules can find a link in the signature below any moderator’s post.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So I found the reason why my Dexcom was slightly painful and uncomfortable, I ended it 3 days early and I found a lot of blood underneath. I won’t put a libre on because I’m starting auto mode on Friday. Site change tomorrow and I’m pretty nervous but I got my bf on board so he’ll help me too.

• Hug Hug x 1
    #24618 MeiChanski, Jan 19, 2020 at 11:57 PM
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  19. Marieba

Marieba Type 1 · Newbie

Hi all, after 3 years of just lurking since diagnosis I thought it was about time i joined up properly :) I have learnt pretty much all i know about type 1 from the reading posts from fellow type 1's on this forum so thank u! Shame that so many knowledgeable peeps have now left but thought it were about time i said hiya! :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone enjoy your day

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook