Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
thats why my dsn told me my ranges should be between 8 and 12 then but my mind says between 6 and 10 if i could do that i would be over the moon my 2 week average is 10.9 so thats not so bad just need to level it out and you know what its time for 10 units of basal. i used to be on lantus dont you find it stings like mad im used to pain i kind of like it but that stuff jusst burned for hours after injecting
Ideally, you’ll be best off getting down to around 4-7mmol, as that’s where you’ll minimise your risk of long term complications. But bring it down slowly, and work out how much insulin does what to your body. It doesn’t work so well at higher bg levels, which is why you’re having to take those big doses to get an effect. Give the basal testing a go over the next week or two, and get that nailed first. You may then find that your NovoSluggish is more effective. But basal is key.

And yes. Lantus is a stinger!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon, on a beautiful sun shiny blue skies day :)
Back from dr's appointment, swab was negative :happy:ladies things, so need blood tests and an Ultrasound.
Enjoying a FF a brie, bacon cracker and some other tasty morsels, 7.,5 before lunch ( I was a little anxious this morning) so all in all not a bad day so far.
Hope you are all enjoying a nice Tuesday :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Morning chaps, thank you for the lovely messages - I’ve decided to keep my account, but only stay on this thread, so please don’t tag me elsewhere

Hello @chris85 type 1 - sounds like you’re having an utterly miserable time of things, sending a cyber-hug. I’ve been where you are, and I understand how horrible it is. But you’ve made a great step in reaching out here, that’s often the hardest part of taming the diabetes demon. I see you’re on injections of Levemir and Novorapid? FWIW, the first thing you need to do is what we call “basal testing” - if you can get your Levemir dose and timings right (are you taking it once or twice a day? It only lasts 17-18 hours, so many users split their dose morning and night) you’ve got a level foundation for your mealtime and correction doses. Have a read of this - https://mysugr.com/en/blog/basal-rate-testing - it’s a brilliant guide to getting your Levemir dose right. I suspect you’re going high in the evening because it’s run out. That particular insulin has quite a peak, which can lead to overnight hypos and evening highs when taken at night.

Nice to see x

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good afternoon, on a beautiful sun shiny blue skies day :)
Back from dr's appointment, swab was negative :happy:ladies things, so need blood tests and an Ultrasound.
Enjoying a FF a brie, bacon cracker and some other tasty morsels, 7.,5 before lunch ( I was a little anxious this morning) so all in all not a bad day so far.
Hope you are all enjoying a nice Tuesday :)

Hello @Robinredbreast

Sorry to read that you’ve not t been too good so sending you my warmest most special hug xx

Sunny here too - doesn’t it make a difference

Have a good day everyone

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello @Robinredbreast

Sorry to read that you’ve not t been too good so sending you my warmest most special hug xx

Sunny here too - doesn’t it make a difference

Have a good day everyone

I'm okay thanks @Cumberland, just things going on in the body that need a look at (a ladies MOT lol) and thank you so much for your lovely special hug :happy:
I hope your day is going well :)

Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ideally, you’ll be best off getting down to around 4-7mmol, as that’s where you’ll minimise your risk of long term complications. But bring it down slowly, and work out how much insulin does what to your body. It doesn’t work so well at higher bg levels, which is why you’re having to take those big doses to get an effect. Give the basal testing a go over the next week or two, and get that nailed first. You may then find that your NovoSluggish is more effective. But basal is key.

And yes. Lantus is a stinger!

Am I allowed to say, 'you're back ?) :happy: nice to see you :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yep shortage is a problem, so they say :). Speaking to the woman at Abbotts I asked about the shortage and she said it is being sorted. Its only prescription supplies that are being affected??

I was told that last week at my surgery's Cohen's pharmacy, that they didn't have one of my emergency items ( my first online repeat prescription, got lost in the system, a nightmare Friday night !!) so a lady and her mum gave me a lift to another pharmacy, it's exactly the same name, different location, but still in town and they gave me my Libre sensor's x 2
:happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yep shortage is a problem, so they say :). Speaking to the woman at Abbotts I asked about the shortage and she said it is being sorted. Its only prescription supplies that are being affected??

Wow, that's a powerful avatar, quite a sting in the tail.......................:)

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is my aunties new dog her name is Tia. She is teething but those little teeth arn't as bad as lancing
20200121_121736.jpeg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@chris85 type 1 cute puppy and no, I don't have problems with Lantus stinging, can't say it's ever been a problem for me.

@porl69 that's quite some creature, I rather like him? her? Is he/she yours?

Oh and I can't get any Libre sensors at the moment; mine are on prescription (lucky me!) and my pharmacy (a Boots attached to my GP surgery) has a wiat list for 14 of them before they get to me! This happened last winter too, and it's beyond frustrating. I've literally no idea when I'll get one.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I waited about two weeks from the 31st December for libre sensors, I get mine from an online pharmacy.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not posted until recently but have been following some threads for a long time, and especially this one daily. I've learnt so much and just enjoyed reading the posts. So sad that people left recently, and am so glad to see LooperCat back, and also Cumberland again:)
Type 1 for 53 years, pumping for 9 years using Combo pump. Using libre and MM for 1 year. Recently been having issues with pain when inserting cannulas, having used The Flexlink for 9 years, and wondered if anyone else was having problems?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not posted until recently but have been following some threads for a long time, and especially this one daily. I've learnt so much and just enjoyed reading the posts. So sad that people left recently, and am so glad to see LooperCat back, and also Cumberland again:)
Type 1 for 53 years, pumping for 9 years using Combo pump. Using libre and MM for 1 year. Recently been having issues with pain when inserting cannulas, having used The Flexlink for 9 years, and wondered if anyone else was having problems?

Hiya
Looking forward to your contributions

Reactions: porl69

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@hh1 this might sound stupid but since i stopped im so much more alert i dont often forget my energy levelss are through the roof example last year cooking food with headphones on i would just listen now i rave like a madman jumping bouncing kicking punching going crazy lol lol
stopped smoking sorry