Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oh yes, @hh1, alarms are vital. I use them too, for Levemir.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
I woke up on a hypo 2.5 and I’m figuring out why. I’m seeing my grandparents and baby cousin today, I heard they’ve cooked up a feast for Chinese New Year. :)

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@chris85 type 1 when your body is use to running at higher levels you can get that hypo feeling at normal levels - conversely always being at the low end of normal you can loose your hypo awareness and usually running at slightly higher than normal for a week or 2 brings them back. the trick is to stay in range with out any hypos (hypo is classed as anything under 4 by some or 3.5 by others)
thats why my dsn told me my ranges should be between 8 and 12 then but my mind says between 6 and 10 if i could do that i would be over the moon my 2 week average is 10.9 so thats not so bad just need to level it out and you know what its time for 10 units of basal. i used to be on lantus dont you find it stings like mad im used to pain i kind of like it but that stuff jusst burned for hours after injecting

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps, thank you for the lovely messages - I’ve decided to keep my account, but only stay on this thread, so please don’t tag me elsewhere

Hello @chris85 type 1 - sounds like you’re having an utterly miserable time of things, sending a cyber-hug. I’ve been where you are, and I understand how horrible it is. But you’ve made a great step in reaching out here, that’s often the hardest part of taming the diabetes demon. I see you’re on injections of Levemir and Novorapid? FWIW, the first thing you need to do is what we call “basal testing” - if you can get your Levemir dose and timings right (are you taking it once or twice a day? It only lasts 17-18 hours, so many users split their dose morning and night) you’ve got a level foundation for your mealtime and correction doses. Have a read of this - https://mysugr.com/en/blog/basal-rate-testing - it’s a brilliant guide to getting your Levemir dose right. I suspect you’re going high in the evening because it’s run out. That particular insulin has quite a peak, which can lead to overnight hypos and evening highs when taken at night.

Would it be rude of me to superglue you to a chair? I’m happy you’ve decided to stay. Sending you lots of internet hugs. :)

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@hh1 this might sound stupid but since i stopped im so much more alert i dont often forget my energy levelss are through the roof example last year cooking food with headphones on i would just listen now i rave like a madman jumping bouncing kicking punching going crazy lol lol

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Forgot to say Libre gave up last night. MM was still reading it BUT ranging from Lo to High in 5 mins. So yet another call to Abbotts this morning! This is the sensor that was replaced just a week ago......

Edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning @karen8967 for once today will be a good day i get to go meet my auntie's new border collie puppy and i really can't wait i love doggies lol hope you have a wonderful day no matter what it brings
you too chris im so glad today is going to be a good day for you and lets hope its the start of many more for you :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps, thank you for the lovely messages - I’ve decided to keep my account, but only stay on this thread, so please don’t tag me elsewhere ❤️

Hello @chris85 type 1 - sounds like you’re having an utterly miserable time of things, sending a cyber-hug. I’ve been where you are, and I understand how horrible it is. But you’ve made a great step in reaching out here, that’s often the hardest part of taming the diabetes demon. I see you’re on injections of Levemir and Novorapid? FWIW, the first thing you need to do is what we call “basal testing” - if you can get your Levemir dose and timings right (are you taking it once or twice a day? It only lasts 17-18 hours, so many users split their dose morning and night) you’ve got a level foundation for your mealtime and correction doses. Have a read of this - https://mysugr.com/en/blog/basal-rate-testing - it’s a brilliant guide to getting your Levemir dose right. I suspect you’re going high in the evening because it’s run out. That particular insulin has quite a peak, which can lead to overnight hypos and evening highs when taken at night.
glad you decided to stick round @LooperCat x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot to say Libre gave up last night. MM was still reading it BUT ranging from Lo to High in 5 mins. So yet another call to Abbotts this morning! This is the sensor that was replaced just a week ago......hope I get a decent english speaker this time

When I was just scanning, when the Libre had come to the end of its life. It used to repeat the last 4 hours before it died.?
Some of the sensors just before the time was up, would zig zag some scatty results.. That was using Glimp.

So far using the MM & XDrip it's been a great experince.. (About a week in now?) I've ditched the "Freddie Murcury" arm band & use the double sided tape on the main body of the MM. I figured if I catch it, it won't take the Libre too..
Also, although I get a battery life reading on the MM showing up on the app, If it did stop before the libre does? I don't wish to be sat like a muppet hooked up to a charger. Lol.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep shortage is a problem, so they say :). Speaking to the woman at Abbotts I asked about the shortage and she said it is being sorted. Its only prescription supplies that are being affected??

I'm still self funding, but the priority in my area from the chemists is supplying prescriptions.
I ordered my last one online, no problem.

But the high street outlets are still out.