Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Waitrose may not approve...

In seriousness, I wasn't planning of ramping up the volume. Just "ambient?"

Though I could rigg up a mic & do a few customer announcements...? "Special offers?" "Store will be closing." "FIRE!!!.?" ;):D

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
In seriousness, I wasn't planning of ramping up the volume. Just "ambient?"

Though I could rigg up a mic & do a few customer announcements...? "Special offers?" "Store will be closing." "FIRE!!!.?" ;):D
Will customers in aisle five step away from the jelly babies?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Think that would be a great ice breaker Jay, we can do a pop chart with BG levels to see who is number 1 or the highest/lowest !!

You can deffo do the emergency information announcement too, I.e. In the event of an alarm please use the exits to the front/rear/side of the plane :hilarious:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Will customers in aisle five step away from the jelly babies?

Imagine if we have a number of hypos and folk doing a minesweep of the confectionery aisle :rolleyes:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Imagine if we have a number of hypos and folk doing a minesweep of the confectionery aisle :rolleyes:

JuicyJ - our local DUK group has a Magic Meeting Bag, that is like Mary Poppins Gladstone bag. It holds loads (even if not the same shape). Anyway, we have a hypo kit in there, with Glucotabs, biscuits (which double as nibbles with refreshments), oath energy bars, a meter and in-date strips. No Glucagon, but if the person were that low, it'd be 999, I guess.

Out former Chair was a hospital DSN, so the practise started there.

To be honest, it all fits in a clip-top box, but if we have newbies, or visiting folks, we make it clear where it is.

Reactions: Juicyj

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
JuicyJ - our local DUK group has a Magic Meeting Bag, that is like Mary Poppins Gladstone bag. It holds loads (even if not the same shape). Anyway, we have a hypo kit in there, with Glucotabs, biscuits (which double as nibbles with refreshments), oath energy bars, a meter and in-date strips. No Glucagon, but if the person were that low, it'd be 999, I guess.

Out former Chair was a hospital DSN, so the practise started there.

To be honest, it all fits in a clip-top box, but if we have newbies, or visiting folks, we make it clear where it is.

When I went to my carb counting course, the hypo boxes doubled as a snack box as well. Biscuits to follow up after juice, so it is a good idea :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It’s definitely on for this Thursday Mei, wild horses wouldn’t stop it now ;)

Reactions: MeiChanski

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well had a BBC radio interview this week which was exciting and scary, but went well, met another t1 at pump clinic today and hopefully she can come, @Jaylee are you still OK to come along ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well had a BBC radio interview this week which was exciting and scary, but went well, met another t1 at pump clinic today and hopefully she can come, @Jaylee are you still OK to come along ?

Lol, Radio interview? Not my style.. I did one once. (& understand the nerves.) Plus a few fanzine blog interviews? Not comfortable listening. (Band stuff.)

I won't post it here but will PM.

With regards to actually attending. Yep, one sleep to go. & looking forward to finally meeting up with you & the meter mates.

Hey! I'm still officially legal,to drive. & put the wheels in place to strive for (at least.) another three years... :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Brilliant news @Jaylee will be great to put a face to the name :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant news @Jaylee will be great to put a face to the name :)

Hey, I'm looking for a forklift in the car park & a giraffe through the door hight. ;)
Keep an eye out for a wedding cake sugar decoration with shorter hair..
Just don't all pile into me if on a low.. I'll be "packing" emergency fast acting carbs.. :)

@MeiChanski ? I'm sure your profile pic does you no justice either. Can't wait to catch up with you. :D

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I'm looking for a forklift in the car park & a giraffe through the door hight. ;)
Keep an eye out for a wedding cake sugar decoration with shorter hair..
Just don't all pile into me if on a low.. I'll be "packing" emergency fast acting carbs.. :)

@MeiChanski ? I'm sure your profile pic does you no justice either. Can't wait to catch up with you. :D

It doesn’t but if you see a short asian girl and a bag of snacks in her hand, that would definitely be me. I can’t wait to see you too.

Reactions: Jaylee

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Next meeting is on 19th March, come along if your in the area :)