Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
That’s a brilliant effort @chris85 type 1 - best thing you could ever do, I stopped over 12 years ago and never think about it ever, just stay strong.

Hope you feel better @LooperCat

Our new type 1 group starts tonight in Worcs - hoping for a good turnout and to meet some new people, fingers crossed it goes ok !

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning everyone xx. I had a slightly scary night as iv told you night time hypo's worry me because when i'm asleep i don't wake up then i seizure well when i went and crawled in bed my BG was at 4.4 so i ate 1 gluco tab checked again at 3 and it was at 4.1 then this morning it's at 8.7 at least i didn't hypo and still its not gone over 10 mmo/ls

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@chris85 type 1 that sounds like a good night actually although you/we have no idea what happened between 3am and this this morning, it is possible you did hypo and the 8.7 was as a result of a liver dump - a libre or cgm would show this though - defo ask about the libre at your next appointment I'm sure you'll have enough ammo to throw at them to convince them it would be worth while for you.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@slip the 8.7 could be a result of i ate one more gluco tab and drank some milk at 3 that and BG rises as you wake up as i'm sure you already know

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Having a quieter week at work than anticipated so have been battling the paperwork mountain range. Does wonders for my equilibrium. But still considering a change for the future.

Utterly bemused by continued lowered basal but taking it as a win for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and hh1

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
the moment you realise wait i have more on the cards today lots and lots of walking "i can have three slices of toast instead of two need them carbs" num num

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin’ all. Coffee with a side of Levemir; breakfast slightly overdosed for earlier (another 0.5+/- but should ideally have been 0.25 rant); a few more carbs, (feet of jelly baby and torso of a gingerbread man) then with luck I’ll be ready to face the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
at " "could you not find some where more private to do that I just looked her straight in the eye and politely said "excuse me but it's none of your business i do this when and where i need to" she didn't know what to say :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I would of likely of said 'right, your place or mine lady' lol then I would try to educate her a little with a chat over a cuppa :)
Silly woman :rolleyes:

Reactions: chris85 type 1

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They gave me this little jug ain't it cute
20200123_093844.jpeg

Reactions: Robinredbreast

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Anyway....good morning all
Bloods are being an a**e this morning. 13.7 atm with 6.6u IOB, so will probably crash soon grrrrr!

@chris85 type 1 injecting thru clothing is not the best idea in the world

Reactions: chris85 type 1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, much better start to the day today, still not got my balance normal but better than yesterday, and woke on 3.8; jelly baby head and no pre-bolus for breakfast seems to have sorted it. Good walk with the dog who behaved extremely well nearly all the time we were out. My biggest problem is that's she's easily distracted (like owner like dog!) and if she gets a scent of deer or pheasant (and we have both round here) she's unstoppable - at the moment anyway.

@LooperCat hope you're feeling better, @porl69 hope the bloods stabilise and @chris85 type 1 well done overnight.