lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Hi all.

Well after my second dose of trulicity my dr has stopped it.

Side effects were horrific, and I've been signed off work for two weeks until it has left my system.

Spoke to DSN and she said not many options left for me?!

She suggested maybe I go back on jardiance and avoid low carb as I ended up with high ketones in a&e a few weeks back.

Any one have any more suggestions, I tried keto/low carb but my levels remained sky high no matter what I did.

Thanks

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If your levels remained high on a very low carb diet, do you know if you have been tested for type 1/LADA? C Peptide test? Apologies not sure if this has been covered on another thread already?

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
If your levels remained high on a very low carb diet, do you know if you have been tested for type 1/LADA? C Peptide test? Apologies not sure if this has been covered on another thread already?
Yes, I was misdiagnosed with type1 for 11 years. The c peptide etc showed them I was producing my own insulin, lots of it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Well after my second dose of trulicity my dr has stopped it.

Side effects were horrific, and I've been signed off work for two weeks until it has left my system.

Spoke to DSN and she said not many options left for me?!

She suggested maybe I go back on jardiance and avoid low carb as I ended up with high ketones in a&e a few weeks back.

Any one have any more suggestions, I tried keto/low carb but my levels remained sky high no matter what I did.

Thanks

Lcarter - a little while ago, I attended a presentation by an Endo Consultant. Within his presentation, which is irrelevant to this topic, he mentioned there re literally hundreds of medication options, for T2s, before utilising insulin.

To be clear, those options are solitary medications and combinations, like Metformin plus Gliclazide or whatever.

Of course, there may be reasons your DS. Stated as she did, but I have to say many Docs and DSNs prescribe a much narrower range of products than may actually be available. That could be because they like them, or thy find most folks get on with them, or they feel secure in understanding that medication, how it works etc.

It's their job to scratch their heads on your behalf.

Last edited: