1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Advice

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by lcarter, Jan 23, 2020.

1. lcarter

lcarter Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all.

Well after my second dose of trulicity my dr has stopped it.

Side effects were horrific, and I've been signed off work for two weeks until it has left my system.

Spoke to DSN and she said not many options left for me?!

She suggested maybe I go back on jardiance and avoid low carb as I ended up with high ketones in a&e a few weeks back.

Any one have any more suggestions, I tried keto/low carb but my levels remained sky high no matter what I did.

Thanks

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. sno0opy

sno0opy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

If your levels remained high on a very low carb diet, do you know if you have been tested for type 1/LADA? C Peptide test? Apologies not sure if this has been covered on another thread already?

3. lcarter

lcarter Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes, I was misdiagnosed with type1 for 11 years. The c peptide etc showed them I was producing my own insulin, lots of it.

4. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Lcarter - a little while ago, I attended a presentation by an Endo Consultant. Within his presentation, which is irrelevant to this topic, he mentioned there re literally hundreds of medication options, for T2s, before utilising insulin.

To be clear, those options are solitary medications and combinations, like Metformin plus Gliclazide or whatever.

Of course, there may be reasons your DS. Stated as she did, but I have to say many Docs and DSNs prescribe a much narrower range of products than may actually be available. That could be because they like them, or thy find most folks get on with them, or they feel secure in understanding that medication, how it works etc.

It's their job to scratch their heads on your behalf.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #4 DCUKMod, Jan 23, 2020 at 12:09 PM
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook