Carnivore Corner

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Favourite meal of the week so far. Air fried lamb ribs. Had eaten a couple before I remembered to take a pic.

64019383-4F24-4CB5-8F13-528773199665.jpeg

D

Deleted member 308541

Just looked at our butchers facebook page to see what he has on special this week.

Cold roast chook is on special.

83946032_1377400299114372_6752004003120283648_o.jpg

They have a new brand of beef jerky as well, great stuff to have with a beer or three.

D5Woixf.jpg

Reactions: Member496333

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looked at our butchers facebook page to see what he has on special this week.

Cold roast chook is on special.

83946032_1377400299114372_6752004003120283648_o.jpg

They have a new brand of beef jerky as well, great stuff to have with a beer or three.

D5Woixf.jpg

I still haven't made jerky. I must rectify that in the coming months

D

Deleted member 308541

I still haven't made jerky. I must rectify that in the coming months
The person at the bowls club I get my jerky and biltong from has only just started up again as he had no time to fiddle around with the preparation.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Look what I found at Morrison’s. The beef was one big piece, a tad on the large side for little ol me, so took it to the counter to be chopped in half. And now I have the ingredients for the marrow butter @DCUKMod

CF303270-E06A-4A06-BD37-CE21D9A0EC56.jpeg
9C47A69E-A27D-45C8-84D8-3FE8E5F4D57C.jpeg
5C68DED8-552A-48D8-B798-7BDD826EA21E.jpeg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Goonergal

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Look what I found at Morrison’s. The beef was one big piece, a tad on the large side for little ol me, so took it to the counter to be chopped in half. And now I have the ingredients for the marrow butter @DCUKMod

View attachment 38426 View attachment 38427 View attachment 38428

Those ribs look marvellous.

We get the marrowbones weekly (Mr B takes his mother shopping in Morrisons).
Every week, he brings the bones back, rips the package open and gives them to our slavering hounds, who know the weekly timetable to the minute, and greet him with joyous abandon.

And every week I say, yes, yes, lucky dogs. Wot about me? Next week please get an extra pack for me!
But then he forgets... or they only have one pack... or there aren’t any that week...

(Oh, and I have tried the pig skin. Unfortunately, the fat layer was too thin for good crackling. Very sad)

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
(Oh, and I have tried the pig skin. Unfortunately, the fat layer was too thin for good crackling. Very sad)

Don’t say that, been looking forward to it all morning! Will report back later - and on the butter @DCUKMod

Just had to bail on my walk (too many twinges for comfort) so butter and crackling will be earlier than planned.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Unfortunately you’re right! What a shame.
Oooooh. Let me know how the marrow butter goes.

Not optimistic. It’s in the fridge but there didn’t seem to be nearly enough butter (added more than recipe said) and it was runny! Not sure that all the bone marrow was fully cooked either. Will test once set (if it does set).

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately you’re right! What a shame.

Not optimistic. It’s in the fridge but there didn’t seem to be nearly enough butter (added more than recipe said) and it was runny! Not sure that all the bone marrow was fully cooked either. Will test once set (if it does set).
Provided you it's stored in the fridge, it'll still be great for browning/cooking and adding flavour, I'm sure.

I must admit found the Morrisons pork skin to be barely acceptable, ton inconsistent once I had had butchers rind.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought you lot might enjoy this new video from What I've Learned:
Meat: Grows the Brain or Rusts the Body?

Reactions: Lotties

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought you lot might enjoy this new video from What I've Learned:
Meat: Grows the Brain or Rusts the Body?

Thanks. Fascinating, especially as I do have high ferritin levels (although reducing over the past 6 months).

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Triumph. Reverse seared and fried in marrowbone butter. Large chunk leftover for later.

427E5239-9E3C-48A4-8808-4B202AF57ACF.jpeg

Gazzamius

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
@Gazzamius if you're going to have that conversation with a DN then I recommend waiting until after your blood pressure has been measured :hilarious:
mines checked every day . have my own meter. 135/80 been like that for years. been on atenolol and losartan for over 30 years. high BP just an anomaly of my family. mum's was the same she managed to make it till 86. and she was diabetic. bless her. ;)

Reactions: Member496333

SugarSpike

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All, need to come on these forums more!
Anyway, posted just before Xmas I think, was dallying in Carnivore, but needed some variety.

Still doing about 95% carnivore, recently cut dairy as I think it may be an issue for me, so variety even harder. Although butter doesn't seem to affect me at all, which is odd? Anyone experienced this?
But I still can't cut out my beloved peanut butter and chocolate, I only tend to have a tablespoon of PB and a square of 85% lindt chocolate, but its my one little comfort I have.

Anyway feeling good, energy has been a bit lacking lately and I am not sure why, I am wondering if I am eating enough? What amount on average to people eat a day?
I realised I don't really feel satisfied fully after breakfast, hence why I probably grab for the PB and choc around 10am! I have 2 rashers of bacon and 2 scrambled eggs in butter, I eat enough eggs so don't really want to add extra, and adding extra bacon will be too costly.. Any ideas to bump it up a bit, considering I also don't have a lot of time in the mornings.

Made some homemade pate for the first time over the weekend, which came out surprisingly well, I will probably just eat it with a spoon!

I am hoping to find a local butcher or a farmers market to try and get more locally source meat, though cost is an issue for me.
I am still quite satisfied with steak and eggs for dinner most nights, so easy and quick and next to no prep!