What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good fbg PM glad to see you slap bang in the middle of the 5s. What fish will you have tonight?
I love aubergine too, in all its forms, but sadly nobody else here likes it so I don’t get it much.
We have promised ourselves a Nando’s when we get there this evening. Nothing like that in Cornwall as you know, just fish&chips or pasties. Even Greggs left Cornwall with tail between legs a couple of weeks ago after their brief foray into traditional pasty country.
Thanks but well done you on the H5O...long time since I’ve been there! Since the weather has been good this week I am hoping for monkfish and Mr PM has requested a couple of scallops. Recently got some amazing Halibut steaks. I’ve always liked Nandos our last visit was after the cinema about 3 months ago. I would LOVE to be able to eat a proper pasty fresh from a bakery in Cornwall but I dont think there’s a Keto version lol.
Have fun will you be back before the storm?

Reactions: trick60 and DJC3

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. 8.8 for me at 7.45 am. :banghead: I'm beginning to wonder if being diagnosed in 2005-long before I started low carbing-has contributed to my struggle to get my fbs down to a good level? :confused: Still struggling with a sore/ dry mouth and feeling weak and wobbly. Decided to follow the nurse's advice at my appointment nearly 3 weeks ago to see a doctor if it didn't improve but gave up after the telephone being constantly engaged for ions. Phones are always very busy in the mornings for emergency appointments with nurse practitioners. By now, if I do get through, all a.m, appointments will be taken and I will be fully occupied from midday as mum's nursing home are taking mum and others out for the afternoon to a local church hall. Mum has not been outside now for almost a year so they have asked us to accompany her in case she gets anxious. Maybe I'll try again for a routine appointment with a GP when I get home if still needed. Best wishes to @ianpspurs for your move and hugs to all who need them. It's nearly the week-end folks. :joyful: Stay safe if you are affected by the high winds. :)

Last edited:

Barb McD

Within this thread of general chat, while many members have indeed been wonderful, kind & courteous nevertheless :

I feel harassed

Foolishly naive

Without a voice

Regarded as irrelevant

Very unhappy

I am sure these were some of the reasons the Forum Community was founded.

Before it’s suggested

I have let the mod staff know

I have waived anonymity to allow BDA to contact me directly. I was feeling deeply distressed, not a state an epileptic, recovering ABI diabetic in her 50’s can afford to be involved with.

So thank yous to the kind and pleasant members.

Shame I let this annoy me, but in here is supposed to make us ALL feel safe.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.0 today - Book him Danno! Up early to take granddaughters to school. I am off with their mum later this afternoon to that there London for a show tomorrow. (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - its 2 shows actually and you have to watch them the same day or on consecutive days, really looking forward to it)
@ianpspurs I quickly scanned this thread late last night and spotted your post about your lost wedding ring. That’s fantastic, and must be a good omen. Hope everything goes well today.
Have a great day everyone.

Congratulations on your 5.0! Enjoy the show! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

hoppity skippity jump!

At last getting the fbg down

Now to figure out how to keep it there....

With me it seems to be about timing in the day when I eat certain foods. Something I can eat mid morning which doesn't impact too much on my blood sugars, the same thing if eaten late afternoon can send me towards and into double figures. So I am tentatively experimenting with this at the moment. My next goal, if it is possible, is to get fbg into the 5's.

My morning painting

View attachment 38393

Have a good day
Hugs if you need them
Take care

Congratulations on your 6.9!
h07011.gif

Thank you for posting your lovely painting. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4...4:30 am...
Now sat in Stanstead, paying WAYY over the odds for a coffee, with my Steph.

She's off to Istanbul, so daddy Uber on the case.

A cold foggy, frosty morning... Traffic light.

Best wishes for a nice day, all..:)

Best wishes to Steph for a safe flight and a wonderful time in Istanbul. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum and @Muddy Cyclist Thank you for the aubergine advice. :)

@HarryBeau I hope your London workday is going well and that you will get home in plenty of time for a relaxing sofa evening with your kitcats.
^. .^. .^
Good morning Saskia
Hope your internet comes back on soon. You seem to be gathering good info re mattresses. Do you or will you know the size of the apartment beforehand as that might help you plan your furniture. Have a great day with the KC. See you later.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks but well done you on the H5O...long time since I’ve been there! Since the weather has been good this week I am hoping for monkfish and Mr PM has requested a couple of scallops. Recently got some amazing Halibut steaks. I’ve always liked Nandos our last visit was after the cinema about 3 months ago. I would LOVE to be able to eat a proper pasty fresh from a bakery in Cornwall but I dont think there’s a Keto version lol.
Have fun will you be back before the storm?

I love monkfish and scallops too. Any fresh fish really but I’m too lazy to be bothered with the very boney ones.
We are back Monday so maybe we’ll miss the storm. Looking forward to the next one though - Storm Dennis @jjraak informs me.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 - a bit late posting and higher than I would like it to be.

Hectic day so far. Doggie walk, weekly shop at Aldi, appt with podiatrist, admin done and then another doggie walk. A little bit of time to relax before off to evening classes at 4.45pm.

It's stilton and Brazil nuts while I read the posts for half an hour. A lovely way to relax.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning Saskia
Hope your internet comes back on soon. You seem to be gathering good info re mattresses. Do you or will you know the size of the apartment beforehand as that might help you plan your furniture. Have a great day with the KC. See you later.

Thank you. It's back. :)
I have an appointment with the management of the apartment building week after next and I hope they will give me a floor plan and show me an apartment. Based on Internet photos I've seen there will be room for a double bed. I don't need anything bigger; I'm also considering a twin bed; I've slept with cats before in one ... might be big enough for the KittenCat ...

51WT7ke8xFL_ca986faa-cd3b-4dca-8add-65a5e2cf62ed_300x300.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely right. And frustrating. I have mitral valve prolapse syndrome dysautonomia (dysfunction of my autonomic nervous system) which means my fight-or-flight mode is almost always revving, rarely idling.
That must make it really difficult to manage your blood sugars. You do really well with all that going on.

Reactions: gennepher